|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The wedding ceremony could best be described as what?
2. What does Joy tell Lewis?
(a) She wants to be alone.
(b) She is afraid for Douglas.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She wants to go back to New York.
3. Lewis is surprised by what in Joy's poetry?
(a) The mention of Lewis.
(b) The quality.
(c) Joy's voice.
(d) Its dark subject.
4. What is Lewis doing as the scene opens?
(a) Reading a newspaper.
(b) Getting married.
(c) Talking to Warnie.
5. What change has Lewis made since he last saw Joy?
(a) A new haircut.
(b) A new dog.
(c) A new teaching position.
(d) A new house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters at the end of the scene?
2. Where does scene 3 open?
3. Why does Lewis not join Warnie?
4. What does Lewis tell Joy about her condition?
5. Warnie takes Douglas in search of what?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)