|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lewis talking about as the scene opens?
(a) A lecture he had been to.
(b) How Douglas likes England.
(c) How he likes being married.
(d) How he wants to move in with Joy.
2. Lewis and Joy banter about what?
(b) Other authors.
3. Why does Joy hesitate at Lewis' invitation?
(a) She feels she may be overstepping her bounds.
(b) She thinks Douglas will become too attached.
(c) She wants to go home.
(d) She's not sure if her husband will approve.
4. What do Joy and Lewis joke about?
(b) Their secret marriage.
(c) New York.
(d) English culture.
5. How old was Lewis when his mother died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joy ask Lewis?
2. What does Lewis ask Joy?
3. Lewis is surprised by what in Joy's poetry?
4. What word best describes Joy's spirits in the scene?
5. Where does Douglas go?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)