|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joy hesitate at Lewis' invitation?
(a) She wants to go home.
(b) She feels she may be overstepping her bounds.
(c) She's not sure if her husband will approve.
(d) She thinks Douglas will become too attached.
2. Where does Douglas go?
(a) To school.
(b) To New York.
(d) To bed.
3. What is Lewis talking about as the scene opens?
(a) How Douglas likes England.
(b) How he likes being married.
(c) How he wants to move in with Joy.
(d) A lecture he had been to.
4. What does Lewis ask Douglas about in the scene?
(a) How he felt about moving.
(b) If he wants to go to Paris.
(c) Whether he'd like a dog.
(d) What is he is doing in school.
5. As scene 5 opens, Lewis and Warnie are preparing for what?
(a) A trip to France.
(b) A lecture at Oxford.
(c) Joy's visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Joy and Lewis joke about?
2. What happens to Joy in this scene?
3. Why are Lewis and Joy careful in discussing her health?
4. Who is with Lewis as the scene opens?
5. Who attempts to encourage Lewis about the situation?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)