Act 1, Scene 1
* The play opens in Oxford, England in the 1950s.
* C.S. Lewis enters with a newspaper.
* Lewis addresses the audience, discussing the topics of love, pain, and suffering.
* He suggests that suffering breaks through the selfishness of our natures.
* He argues that this life is a mere shadow of the next.
Act 1, Scene 2
* Lewis joins his brother and some friends at an Oxford college dining hall.
* Warnie, Lewis' brother, has had too much to drink.
* The men talk about their differing opinions on women.
* Lewis and his brother head back to their home, continuing to discuss women.
Act 1, Scene 3
* Lewis is writing letters as Warnie enters with breakfast.
* The man converse and Lewis tells Warnie about a letter he has received.
* An American, Joy Gresham, wishes to meet the two men while she is in England.
* The men joke about the American, but decide to meet...
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)