|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the police about Hart's phone call?
2. Davenport dreams he is a _____.
3. How long did Davenport have to wait?
4. What is the second location chosen as a safe place?
5. Davenport learns that his dreams are _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the news Daniel delivers when he calls Davenport and Lily?
2. What happens when Davenport arrives at home to speak with Jennifer?
3. Why does Davenport feel less than effective in the case?
4. How do the Crows learn about the sting?
5. How does Anderson learn the true identity of the Crows? How is the evidence supported?
6. What is Barbara's opinion and input on the situation?
7. How does Shadow escape from the hotel? What does he do next?
8. Why does Daniel order secrecy surrounding the sting at the Crows' apartment?
9. Discuss the scene in which the Crows discuss John Liss.
10. What is Daniel's prediction about the escalation of the murders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Shadow Love or one of the Crows. What types of things would the character be most proud of in his life? Do you think the high points would be related to heritage or protection of the culture? Would the memoir include details of his relationships with his traitors and victims? How might the character describe how he felt before, during and after each murder?
Essay Topic 2
Examine John Sandford's Lucas Davenport series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Lucas Davenport. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Davenport go next? How might Davenport's relationships with Elle, Jennifer, and his colleagues change in future books?
Essay Topic 3
Daniel and Davenport have an interesting professional relationship. The two veteran cops seem to respect one another. Discuss how the mutual admiration benefits their working relationship. Explore how Daniel's style of leadership has helped Davenport form his own style. What are the similarities? What is Daniel's background and how does it compare to Davenport's background?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)