|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shadow Love is driving which type of car?
2. Davenport learns that his dreams are _____.
3. Davenport is taken to the medical center and is treated for all but which one of the following?
4. What is the name of Clay's employee at the hotel?
5. Where does Shadow Love go to try and get information?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Shadow's thoughts after killing Hart.
2. What has Lily so upset on the morning she and Davenport must return to Minneapolis?
3. What reaction does David Rothenburg have to Lily's injuries?
4. How does Anderson learn the true identity of the Crows? How is the evidence supported?
5. What do Davenport and Lily see along the road on their way back to the city?
6. Shadow arrives at Lily's hotel. Describe the scene in Lily's hotel room.
7. Discuss the mysterious phone call received by Davenport. What happens next?
8. How does Shadow escape from the hotel? What does he do next?
9. What evidence has been gathered so far in Hart's murder investigation?
10. Why does Davenport feel less than effective in the case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a love triangle between Davenport, Jennifer, and Lily. Discuss the nature of the love triangle. Who is the most involved in the relationship? Who has the strongest relationship? Is anyone being tricked? How does Davenport feel about each woman? How do you think the story might have ended if Lily had stayed in Minneapolis? Do you think Jennifer will forgive Davenport? Do you think Davenport will still try to marry Jennifer?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Sandford's use of Minnesota for the setting in the Lucas Davenport series. Why do you think Sandford chose Minnesota? How accurate do you think the setting is in regards to the real location? Do you think Sandford was accurate in portraying the Sioux community? What areas are most commonly referenced in the story? What other location might have worked as well, if not better, than Minnesota? What is unique about the setting? What regionalisms are exhibited by Davenport and the rest of the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Examine John Sandford's Lucas Davenport series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Lucas Davenport. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Davenport go next? How might Davenport's relationships with Elle, Jennifer, and his colleagues change in future books?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)