|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The men believe the may have to move to what other location?
2. What is the name of the man waiting in the judge's office building?
3. Which member is recommended?
4. What act did the brothers commit against the girl?
5. What type of drug is found on the target?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the character known as "Clay?"
2. What is Davenport's first step when instructed to use his contacts to gain information?
3. What does Lily do to distract Hood? What is the purpose of the distraction?
4. What is the confession made by Shadow at the sweat lodge?
5. Who is Ray Cuervo? What is the man's business?
6. Discuss the scene between Davenport, Lily and Hart regarding the photos acquired at the Tribune.
7. How does Davenport force Liss to give up names of the people involved?
8. Explain the scene in the Crows' apartment when Billy Hood arrives.
9. What action does the Minneapolis police department take against the crime?
10. Discuss at least one of the arguments between Davenport and Kieffer.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Symbolism is an important part of a mystery, often giving clues to the reader and the story's detective. What are the ways in which Sandford uses symbolism in his stories? Give examples of blatant symbolism and more subtle symbolism. Identify any changes in symbolism as they relate to different groups such as the Sioux versus the whites. Compare and contrast the symbolism used in Sanford's mysteries and the mysteries written by another famous author.
Essay Topic 2
Davenport turns to Elle for help in assessing the mental health and actions of the killers. As a psychologist, Elle offers her professional opinion. Explain the analysis given by Elle. Why does Davenport go to her instead of the police analyst or a consultant? Is Elle more qualified? Does Davenport just go to see his friend? What assessment does Elle make about the escalation of the case? What can be done to alter the path of the killers?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Jennifer and Lucas. Are they close? Is there anything unusual about their relationship? Why do you think Jennifer refuses to marry Lucas? What might happen to the baby? Who do you think would get custody? How will it affect the relationship? Also discuss Davenport's infidelity with Lily and lack of guilt regarding the affair.
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)