|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Thad plan to go after being released?
2. Thad began to study ____ theory.
3. Which of the following did the FBI want to do for Axel?
4. Who did Thad call with his one phone call?
5. What popular restaurant did Thad go to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What legwork did Thad do before going into the lab?
2. What choice did Thad make regarding his sentence as it related to Rebecca?
3. What happened between Thad and Rebecca once they arrived at the jail?
4. What did Thad do to keep his sanity while in prison?
5. Describe the initial meeting between Thad and Lynn.
6. Discuss Axel's interaction with Gibson.
7. Why did Thad contact Gordon at this stage?
8. What has occurred with Axel during this time?
9. How was Axel's life affected by Thad's arrest?
10. How did the crime affect Gibson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses several examples of foreshadowing in the book. Give at least three examples of this technique, how they were used and the effectiveness of each.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Thad's reinvention of self in Houston. What caused Thad to want to reinvent himself? How did he do it? Did this new side of Thad help or hinder his work at JSC? Explain. What mistakes might Thad have made during this phase of his development? How would you have done it?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the plan to steal the moon rocks. How did Thad create and execute the plan? Was it more or less difficult than Thad had imagined? What mistakes did Thad make during the crime? What caused Thad to get caught? What could Thad have done differently? Is there any way Thad could have gotten away with it? Explain.
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)