|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phase of the plan was getting the car?
2. Who is Thad speaking with about amazing scientists?
3. What did Gordon order when he arrived at the table?
4. Where is the prison located?
5. What kind of locks are they?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the inspiration for the title of book?
2. How did Thad mark his time in prison?
3. What choice did Thad make regarding his sentence as it related to Rebecca?
4. Examine the meeting between Rebecca, Thad and Gordon in Orlando.
5. What was the next step in Thad's plan?
6. What happened after the group returned to the hotel room with the safe?
7. What happened between Thad and Rebecca once they arrived at the jail?
8. What did Thad do to keep his sanity while in prison?
9. Where was Thad sent after he was sentenced by the judge?
10. What confession did Thad make to Rebecca?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Thad's work at the University of Utah. Where did Thad work? What were Thad's opinions on the work? What did Thad steal? How did Thad convince himself that it was okay to take museum property? What was Thad's relationship with the people at the University? How would that relationship affect Thad later in life?
Essay Topic 2
The book was written in the third person point of view. Discuss how the tone of the book may have been different if it had been written in first person. Choose a selection from the book and rewrite it in first person through Thad's point of view.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses several examples of flashback in the book. Give at least three examples of this technique, how they were used and the effectiveness of each.
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)