|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time did Thad and Rebecca have to kill before the meeting?
2. What type of vehicle does Thad borrow?
3. What item did Thad take along to help with the heavy object?
4. A reporter from which paper called Axel?
5. It had been ____ days since Axel had received any news.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the next step in Thad's plan?
2. Discuss Thad's sentencing.
3. Describe the initial meeting between Thad and Lynn.
4. Who did Lynn call after the initial meeting? What occurred next?
5. What confession did Thad make to Rebecca?
6. What choice did Thad make regarding his sentence as it related to Rebecca?
7. Discuss Axel's interaction with Gibson.
8. What happened after the group returned to the hotel room with the safe?
9. What did Thad do to keep his sanity while in prison?
10. Where was Thad sent after he was sentenced by the judge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Everett Gibson. Who was Gibson? Why was he important? What about Gibson fascinated Thad? Was Thad's adoration misplaced? What was Gibson's opinion of Thad? What was the relationship between Thad and Gibson?
Essay Topic 2
The book was written in the third person point of view. Discuss how the tone of the book may have been different if it had been written in first person. Choose a selection from the book and rewrite it in first person through Thad's point of view.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses several examples of flashback in the book. Give at least three examples of this technique, how they were used and the effectiveness of each.
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)