|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Thad released?
2. What was the nickname of the jail?
3. Where did Thad plan to go after being released?
4. Who did Briley call?
5. How long did Gordon and Rebecca wait to follow Thad?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Axel's life affected by Thad's arrest?
2. What were Thad's thoughts on the way to meet Lynn Briley?
3. What happened between Thad and Rebecca once they arrived at the jail?
4. Who did Lynn call after the initial meeting? What occurred next?
5. What choice did Thad make regarding his sentence as it related to Rebecca?
6. What was the inspiration for the title of book?
7. How did the crime affect Gibson?
8. What happened on the way back to the hotel?
9. What happened to Thad after his release from prison?
10. What is the conversation held between Thad and Rebecca at her apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses several examples of foreshadowing in the book. Give at least three examples of this technique, how they were used and the effectiveness of each.
Essay Topic 2
Examine how the heist affected Everett Gibson. Why was Gibson so distraught? What loss did Gibson suffer? Were the items ever recovered? How did Thad feel about Gibson's grief? How was Thad responsible? What do you think happened to the items? Would Gibson recover? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Thad's plan to get closer to certain scientists, including Draper. What types of things did Thad do? Outline Thad's specific plan, actions, and activities planned for the co-ops.
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)