|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes Thad's mood while working at the lab?
2. What word best describes Helms' opinion of Thad's work?
3. What is the name of Thad's new co-worker?
4. What was the last name Thad used?
5. The doctor compares previously examined moon rock with _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. The author uses foreshadowing to predict Thad's downfall. What did the author suggest?
2. Examine Thad's first day on the job.
3. What was the next step after the FBI became involved? What did Axel realize?
4. Examine Thad's working relationship with Helms in the lab.
5. Who is Gordon? How did he and Thad meet?
6. Examine Thad's humble beginnings.
7. Describe the lecture with Dr. Draper.
8. Explain Thad's application to NBL, his competition and how he got the job.
9. Who did Axel contact about the email?
10. How did Thad view the Lunar Lab and its contents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Rebecca and Sandra. What were the main differences? What was the nature of their work relationship? Did the women have a personal relationship? How did the relationship change throughout the course of the book? What was the relationship of each to Thad?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Thad's life after he was released from prison. What did Thad do? Where did he go? What were his immediate plans? Where do you think Thad is today? Do you think Thad will ever be able to work at JSC or another similar facility in the future?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Thad Roberts. What was his inspiration? Why did he want to become an astronaut? What were the steps Thad took to pursue his dream?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)