|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thad believed that he was a ___ for Rebecca.
2. Where was AHL 84001 discovered?
3. One of the lecturers was a(n) _______.
4. Who was the subject of Thad's note at the end of chapter 9?
5. Thad enjoyed sharing stories about his adventures in ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Thad's daring plan? What was Helms' warning?
2. Examine the relationship between Thad and Sandra.
3. What is the basic premise of "Sex on the Moon" by Ben Mezrich?
4. Explain the interaction between Axel and the FBI.
5. What did Thad think about while working? What were Thad's thoughts on museum items?
6. What steps did Thad take to change his professional life? What was Thad's main concern?
7. Who is Gordon? How did he and Thad meet?
8. What was the next step after the FBI became involved? What did Axel realize?
9. What attributes helped Thad to get a job in the Lunar Lab with Dr. Cooper?
10. How did Thad become involved with the other scientists? Where did they routinely meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Thad's life after he was released from prison. What did Thad do? Where did he go? What were his immediate plans? Where do you think Thad is today? Do you think Thad will ever be able to work at JSC or another similar facility in the future?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Thad's work at the University of Utah. Where did Thad work? What were Thad's opinions on the work? What did Thad steal? How did Thad convince himself that it was okay to take museum property? What was Thad's relationship with the people at the University? How would that relationship affect Thad later in life?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the plan to steal the moon rocks. How did Thad create and execute the plan? Was it more or less difficult than Thad had imagined? What mistakes did Thad make during the crime? What caused Thad to get caught? What could Thad have done differently? Is there any way Thad could have gotten away with it? Explain.
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)