|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Someone had once tried to sell an illegal piece of moon rock that weighed ____.
2. The man imagined that he was a ______.
3. Thad arranged a trip to ___ State Park.
4. Thad took people to one of his favorite places:
5. The potential buyer arranged for future communications to take place through his ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What attributes helped Thad to get a job in the Lunar Lab with Dr. Cooper?
2. What was Thad's daring plan? What was Helms' warning?
3. Explain Thad's application to NBL, his competition and how he got the job.
4. What is the opening scene of the book?
5. What steps did Thad take in reinventing himself?
6. Who is Gordon? How did he and Thad meet?
7. Explain the interaction between Axel and the FBI.
8. What was the beginning of the end for Thad and Sonya?
9. Who was the recipient of Thad's email seeking a buyer?
10. Explain Thad's life with Sonya at this point.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Thad's reinvention of self in Houston. What caused Thad to want to reinvent himself? How did he do it? Did this new side of Thad help or hinder his work at JSC? Explain. What mistakes might Thad have made during this phase of his development? How would you have done it?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the FBI sting involving Axel Emmermann. How did Axel become involved? Why did Axel contact the FBI? What was the opinion of Axel's wife, Christel? What was Axel's opinion on the proposed heist? How did Axel feel about the crime to be committed? What was Axel's reward for participating in the sting?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses several examples of foreshadowing in the book. Give at least three examples of this technique, how they were used and the effectiveness of each.
This section contains 1,144 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)