|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item was in the back of the car?
2. What was Sandra's job position?
3. The moon rocks in the lab were worth an estimated ____ billion dollars.
4. Thad was assigned to which building?
5. The man is known for being a _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Thad react when he received a reply to his email?
2. Examine Thad's first day on the job.
3. What was the next step after the FBI became involved? What did Axel realize?
4. What was Axel's biggest concern about purchasing moon rocks? What was one of the first things he did about it?
5. What steps did Thad take to change his professional life? What was Thad's main concern?
6. What did Thad think about while working? What were Thad's thoughts on museum items?
7. Who did Axel contact about the email?
8. What was Thad's daring plan? What was Helms' warning?
9. Explain Thad's life with Sonya at this point.
10. What is the basic premise of "Sex on the Moon" by Ben Mezrich?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Thad's relationship with his parents. What caused the rift between them? Was it possible to repair the rift? Did Thad ever reconcile with his family? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Rebecca and Sandra. What were the main differences? What was the nature of their work relationship? Did the women have a personal relationship? How did the relationship change throughout the course of the book? What was the relationship of each to Thad?
Essay Topic 3
The book was written in the third person point of view. Discuss how the tone of the book may have been different if it had been written in first person. Choose a selection from the book and rewrite it in first person through Thad's point of view.
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)