|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes Helms' opinion of Thad's work?
2. What is the name of Thad's new co-worker?
3. Thad and his co-worker went to a ____ party.
4. Thad's target was building # ____.
5. Who was the subject of Thad's note at the end of chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the events at Galveston Bay. How did Thad and Rebecca relate?
2. Explain Thad's application to NBL, his competition and how he got the job.
3. How did Thad's relationship with Sonya alienate his parents?
4. How did Thad react when he received a reply to his email?
5. What attributes helped Thad to get a job in the Lunar Lab with Dr. Cooper?
6. Examine Thad's working relationship with Helms in the lab.
7. How did Thad become involved with the other scientists? Where did they routinely meet?
8. Who was the recipient of Thad's email seeking a buyer?
9. The author uses foreshadowing to predict Thad's downfall. What did the author suggest?
10. What was the beginning of the end for Thad and Sonya?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the FBI sting involving Axel Emmermann. How did Axel become involved? Why did Axel contact the FBI? What was the opinion of Axel's wife, Christel? What was Axel's opinion on the proposed heist? How did Axel feel about the crime to be committed? What was Axel's reward for participating in the sting?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Thad's plan to get closer to certain scientists, including Draper. What types of things did Thad do? Outline Thad's specific plan, actions, and activities planned for the co-ops.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Thad's life after he was released from prison. What did Thad do? Where did he go? What were his immediate plans? Where do you think Thad is today? Do you think Thad will ever be able to work at JSC or another similar facility in the future?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)