|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the oldest and more experienced general in Eteocles' army?
2. Men see the act of combat as _________.
3. Who is the fourth general the Scout describes as constantly shouting out his war cry and acting almost insane with blood lust?
4. What is on Parthenopaios' shield?
5. What literary form does the Chorus use to describe the destruction and violation of the city's moral?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Eteocles and Polyneices kill each other, it is said that the curse is destroyed and the city of Thebes would prosper again. Why would this be ironic to the Greek audience at that time?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of: King Laius, King Oedipus, and King Eteocles.
Essay Topic 3
How does the idea of battle and war differ between men and women?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)