|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "White haired" women, "housewives," and young virgins are all described to be ___________.
2. What imagery does the Chorus use to illustrate the situation of Eteocles and his family?
3. Eteocles vows not to be afraid of Tydeus and does all of the following except:
4. How is Aktor related to Hyperbios?
5. The Chorus briefly gives in to fear and imagines what will happen to the city if what occurs?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of: King Laius, King Oedipus, and King Eteocles.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the theme of possession and control. Who best represents this theme? Give a detailed example.
Essay Topic 3
After Eteocles and Polyneices kill each other, it is said that the curse is destroyed and the city of Thebes would prosper again. Why would this be ironic to the Greek audience at that time?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)