|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eteocles send to face Tydeus?
2. Eteocles instructs the Chorus to pray for ________ instead of safety?
3. Eteocles' and Oedipus' story is playing out the curse originally laid on ___________.
4. Who prays to the gods to guide and inspire Eteocles' generals to victory?
5. Who is the oldest and more experienced general in Eteocles' army?
Essay Topic 1
After Eteocles and Polyneices kill each other, it is said that the curse is destroyed and the city of Thebes would prosper again. Why would this be ironic to the Greek audience at that time?
Essay Topic 2
Seven Against Thebes is set in a male-dominated society full of violence and war. What role do women play in this society?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the Scout. Describe the relationship between the Scout and Eteocles.
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)