|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is "unmoved by the sound of snorting horses?"
2. Because of Eteocles' suggestion of what the Chorus should pray about, they begin to pray about what?
3. Who does Eteocles express his disgust with in Part 2 of the play?
4. What emblem is on Tydeus' shield?
5. Who does Eteocles consider a "loyal and true son of Thebes?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of fear as presented in the play. Describe the Chorus' fear. Is their fear justified?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the theme of possession and control. Who best represents this theme? Give a detailed example.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and analyze the following quote, "The grief for kindred is the bond and link of mankind, common to all, unchanging." Who spoke these words and do you agree or disagree with this statement?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)