|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Eteocles and the Chorus use to describe the city of Thebes?
2. Eteocles explains that praying is not the problem of the Chorus, but the way they are praying since they are praying for what?
3. Who urges Eteocles not to "take on the violence of your brother?"
4. Who is the third general described as leading a cavalry of horses, which makes an arrogant, inhuman noise?
5. Who does Eteocles accuse of bringing down the city's morale?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of the Scout. Describe the relationship between the Scout and Eteocles.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze the following quote, "The grief for kindred is the bond and link of mankind, common to all, unchanging." Who spoke these words and do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of the Oracle of Apollo to the relationship between Lauis and Oedipus.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)