|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles instructs the Chorus to pray for ________ instead of safety?
2. What does Eteocles accuse the Chorus of being?
3. Why is Tydeus forbidden to cross the river?
4. Who represents Eteocles' stubbornness while his shield represents Eteocles' passions?
5. Who states, "if the gods [demand] evil, no man can evade it?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Eteocles and Polyneices kill each other, it is said that the curse is destroyed and the city of Thebes would prosper again. Why would this be ironic to the Greek audience at that time?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze the following quote, "The grief for kindred is the bond and link of mankind, common to all, unchanging." Who spoke these words and do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Essay Topic 3
How does the idea of battle and war differ between men and women?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)