|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles' story and actions echo the story and actions of which other story?
2. According to the Chorus, what are the Gods a source of?
3. What is the name of the fire-breathing monster on the 4th general's shield?
4. Who does Eteocles accuse of bringing down the city's morale?
5. "White haired" women, "housewives," and young virgins are all described to be ___________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Seven Against Thebes is set in a male-dominated society full of violence and war. What role do women play in this society?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze the following quote, "The grief for kindred is the bond and link of mankind, common to all, unchanging." Who spoke these words and do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the power of law represented in Seven Against Thebes. What power and limitations exists within the legal system? How do these laws directly affect Antigone?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)