|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The principle contrast in Part 2 is between what two objects?
2. Who is the oldest and more experienced general in Eteocles' army?
3. Who is the second general that says that he will destroy the city whether it is the gods' will or not?
4. Eteocles vows not to be afraid of Tydeus and does all of the following except:
5. Why is Tydeus forbidden to cross the river?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the idea of family loyalty as viewed by Antigone to that of Eteocles.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of the Oracle of Apollo to the relationship between Lauis and Oedipus.
Essay Topic 3
After Eteocles and Polyneices kill each other, it is said that the curse is destroyed and the city of Thebes would prosper again. Why would this be ironic to the Greek audience at that time?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)