|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose shield bears the image of a man climbing a ladder and shouting that not even Ares will knock him off it?
2. The Chorus formally pray to Zeus and the other gods, asking them _____________.
3. Who does Eteocles consider a "loyal and true son of Thebes?"
4. Who is the fourth general the Scout describes as constantly shouting out his war cry and acting almost insane with blood lust?
5. Who is the goddess of justice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and analyze the following quote, "The grief for kindred is the bond and link of mankind, common to all, unchanging." Who spoke these words and do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail one of the seven battle match-ups. Who was fighting? What was on the enemy's shield? Why did Eteocles match his general with this particular enemy?
Essay Topic 3
Give two examples that exemplify the power of the curse over the characters in the play.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)