|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prays to the gods to guide and inspire Eteocles' generals to victory?
2. Scout describes all of the following, in the beginning of part 3, to Eteocles except:
3. The theme of the play is based on what two stories?
4. Who is the fourth general the Scout describes as constantly shouting out his war cry and acting almost insane with blood lust?
5. What symbol is on Amphiaraos' shield?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Give two examples that exemplify the power of the curse over the characters in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail one of the seven battle match-ups. Who was fighting? What was on the enemy's shield? Why did Eteocles match his general with this particular enemy?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the idea of blindness and bad judgment in the play Seven Against Thebes.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)