|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "When they are brave, they are insolent and intolerable, and when they are frightened, they are rash and dangerous?"
2. Who is the second general Eteocles sends out?
3. Traditionally, males are more concerned with _______.
4. What symbol is on Amphiaraos' shield?
5. Scout describes all of the following, in the beginning of part 3, to Eteocles except:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Give two examples that exemplify the power of the curse over the characters in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance and the usage of imagery throughout the play Seven Against Thebes.
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail one of the seven battle match-ups. Who was fighting? What was on the enemy's shield? Why did Eteocles match his general with this particular enemy?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)