|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the second general that says that he will destroy the city whether it is the gods' will or not?
2. How does Eteocles try to calm the Chorus in Part 2?
3. Who urges Eteocles not to "take on the violence of your brother?"
4. Who is the oldest and more experienced general in Eteocles' army?
5. The Chorus uses all of the following likening the destruction and violation of the city to the destruction and violation of a woman except:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe in detail one of the seven battle match-ups. Who was fighting? What was on the enemy's shield? Why did Eteocles match his general with this particular enemy?
Essay Topic 2
Give two examples that exemplify the power of the curse over the characters in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of the Oracle of Apollo to the relationship between Lauis and Oedipus.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)