|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eteocles express his disgust with in Part 2 of the play?
2. Who does Eteocles send to face Tydeus?
3. Eteocles' story and actions echo the story and actions of which other story?
4. Who is the oldest and more experienced general in Eteocles' army?
5. Who does Eteocles send to face the third general?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the chain of events that ultimately led to the death of Eteocles beginning with King Lauis.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of the Scout. Describe the relationship between the Scout and Eteocles.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of the Oracle of Apollo to the relationship between Lauis and Oedipus.
This section contains 132 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)