|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles vows not to be afraid of Tydeus and does all of the following except:
2. Whose shield bears the image of a man climbing a ladder and shouting that not even Ares will knock him off it?
3. Who states, "if the gods [demand] evil, no man can evade it?"
4. Who promises to "bring this man [Polyneices] to his harbor, and he shall enjoy his father's city?"
5. Who is nicknamed "Killer of many?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance and the usage of imagery throughout the play Seven Against Thebes.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of the Scout. Describe the relationship between the Scout and Eteocles.
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail one of the seven battle match-ups. Who was fighting? What was on the enemy's shield? Why did Eteocles match his general with this particular enemy?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)