|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus uses all of the following likening the destruction and violation of the city to the destruction and violation of a woman except:
2. Eteocles reaction was so extreme to whom because of his angry determination to save and protect the city?
3. Eteocles vows not to be afraid of Tydeus and does all of the following except:
4. Who represents Eteocles' own blindness and bad judgment?
5. Who represents the way that Eteocles has followed his own will which he honors more than he honors the will of the gods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Eteocles and Polyneices kill each other, it is said that the curse is destroyed and the city of Thebes would prosper again. Why would this be ironic to the Greek audience at that time?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the idea of family loyalty as viewed by Antigone to that of Eteocles.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the idea of blindness and bad judgment in the play Seven Against Thebes.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)