|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles' story and actions echo the story and actions of which other story?
2. Eteocles and the Chorus express themselves through which literary element?
3. How is Aktor related to Hyperbios?
4. Who is the fourth general the Scout describes as constantly shouting out his war cry and acting almost insane with blood lust?
5. Traditionally, women are more concerned with _________.
Essay Topic 1
Describe the importance of symbols as exemplified by the enemy shields.
Essay Topic 2
How does the idea of battle and war differ between men and women?
Essay Topic 3
After Eteocles and Polyneices kill each other, it is said that the curse is destroyed and the city of Thebes would prosper again. Why would this be ironic to the Greek audience at that time?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)