|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eteocles accuse of bringing down the city's morale?
2. How does Eteocles try to calm the Chorus in Part 2?
3. The Chorus formally pray to Zeus and the other gods, asking them _____________.
4. Who does Eteocles send to face the third general?
5. What emblem is on Tydeus' shield?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the idea of battle and war differ between men and women?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of: King Laius, King Oedipus, and King Eteocles.
Essay Topic 3
Give two examples that exemplify the power of the curse over the characters in the play.
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)