Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eteocles send to face Tydeus?
2. Eteocles instructs the Chorus to pray for ________ instead of safety?
3. Eteocles' and Oedipus' story is playing out the curse originally laid on ___________.
4. Who prays to the gods to guide and inspire Eteocles' generals to victory?
5. Who is the oldest and more experienced general in Eteocles' army?
Describe the importance of symbols as exemplified by the enemy shields.
What role does religion and prayer play in Seven Against Thebes? Give a detailed example.
After Eteocles and Polyneices kill each other, it is said that the curse is destroyed and the city of Thebes would prosper again. Why would this be ironic to the Greek audience at that time?
This section contains 139 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)