|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of a group of individual actors speaking with the thoughts, emotions, and reactions of a single character?
2. Who punishes Laius for kidnapping and murdering his friend's son?
3. What is the name of Laius' son?
4. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ his mother.
5. The belief system of ancient Greece is that existence depends upon _____, or the will of the gods?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important that the Scout find out about Polyneice's army?
2. Describe the theme of fate as depicted in part 2 of the play.
3. Describe Laius' character.
4. Describe the genre and tone of the overall play.
5. What is the significance of Amphiaraos' shield?
6. Describe Oedipus' character.
7. Give an examples of how imagery is used in part 3 of the play.
8. How is the theme of family portrayed in this play?
9. Give an example of how religion is utilized in part 1 of the play.
10. Describe the relationship between Eteocles and Polyneices.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance and the usage of imagery throughout the play Seven Against Thebes.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the idea of blindness and bad judgment in the play Seven Against Thebes.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of: King Laius, King Oedipus, and King Eteocles.
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)