Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles tells the men that the battle has ______.
2. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
3. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
4. Who does the King of Thebes address in the city?
5. Human beings are metaphorically represented by ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Give an example of how imagery is used in part 2.
2. What is the importance of the Oracle of Apollo?
3. Why does Eteocles say he is so angry with the Chorus in the beginning of part 2?
4. How is the theme of possession and control shown in part 2?
5. Why would Eteocles and Polyneices plot to kill their father?
6. Compare and contrast men and women's views of battle.
7. How is the sense of sound used in part 2?
8. Describe the theme of fate as depicted in part 2 of the play.
9. What is the significance of Polyneices going to Argos and marrying a princess?
10. How does the Chorus use their senses to illustrate their fears of the war?
Seven Against Thebes is set in a male-dominated society full of violence and war. What role do women play in this society?
Discuss the role of the Scout. Describe the relationship between the Scout and Eteocles.
After Eteocles and Polyneices kill each other, it is said that the curse is destroyed and the city of Thebes would prosper again. Why would this be ironic to the Greek audience at that time?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)