Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles tells the men that the battle has ______.
2. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
3. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
4. Who does the King of Thebes address in the city?
5. Human beings are metaphorically represented by ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Give an example of how imagery is used in part 2.
2. What is the importance of the Oracle of Apollo?
3. Why does Eteocles say he is so angry with the Chorus in the beginning of part 2?
4. How is the theme of possession and control shown in part 2?
5. Why would Eteocles and Polyneices plot to kill their father?
6. Compare and contrast men and women's views of battle.
7. How is the sense of sound used in part 2?
8. Describe the theme of fate as depicted in part 2 of the play.
9. What is the significance of Polyneices going to Argos and marrying a princess?
10. How does the Chorus use their senses to illustrate their fears of the war?
What role does religion and prayer play in Seven Against Thebes? Give a detailed example.
Discuss the importance and the usage of imagery throughout the play Seven Against Thebes.
Discuss the idea of blindness and bad judgment in the play Seven Against Thebes.
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)