|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of violation is used to describe women being treated like treasures?
2. Where does Polyneices go to marry a princess?
3. Imagery is used throughout the play to describe the _______ of women.
4. The will of the gods are metaphorically represented by _________.
5. Plays based on Greek legend tend to be very _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Give an example of how rebellion and defiance occurs within part 4.
2. Why does the Chorus speak of Jocasta in part 4?
3. Why did the Oracle of Apollo punish Laius and what was his punishment?
4. How does Eteocles view women, especially the Chorus?
5. What is the role of the Scout? In your opinion is this character important to the play? Why or why not?
6. Were Oedipus and Jocasta's reaction to their incestuous relations justified? Explain.
7. Compare and contrast Eteocles' feelings to for his city to how he actually treats his city.
8. How is the city of Thebes most like a "mother" to her people?
9. Which generals' match-up do you feel was the most unfair? Explain.
10. Describe Laius' reaction to the Oracle's foreshadowing of Oedipus' life. Was his reaction justified? Explain.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between parents and children in the play "Seven Against Thebes."
Essay Topic 2
How does the idea of battle and war differ between men and women?
Essay Topic 3
Would you classify Eteocles as an honorable king or a family traitor? Give examples to support your opinion.
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)