Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The will of the gods are metaphorically represented by _________.
2. What is the genre of Seven Against Thebes?
3. What is the name of a group of individual actors speaking with the thoughts, emotions, and reactions of a single character?
4. Eteocles tells the men that the battle has ______.
5. Who are the group of women of Thebes who rushes on in a panic?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which generals' match-up do you feel was the most unfair? Explain.
2. How is the theme of family portrayed in this play?
3. What is the significance of the attacking general Eteoklos, having a name that is similar to Eteocles?
4. Why does the Chorus speak of Jocasta in part 4?
5. Why would the audience of this play find it ironic that Antigone and Ismene lived in the prospering city of Thebes?
6. Describe the overall mood of part 2.
7. Why do you think we are told what is on the shields of the attacking enemy but not what is on Eteocles' general's shields?
8. What is the significance of the fifth general possessing the shield that has a picture of the Sphinx?
9. Why was it important that Oedipus solved the Riddle of the Sphinx?
10. Give two examples of the theme: power of curses as seen in the play, Seven Against Thebes.
How does the idea of battle and war differ between men and women?
Describe the theme of possession and control. Who best represents this theme? Give a detailed example.
Discuss the concept of fear as presented in the play. Describe the Chorus' fear. Is their fear justified?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)