|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
2. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
3. Any citizen in the _____ would know the story, or myth, that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on.
4. At the end of the first year, what does Eteocles refused to do?
5. The image of Thebes is of a ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think we are told what is on the shields of the attacking enemy but not what is on Eteocles' general's shields?
2. Describe the genre and tone of the overall play.
3. How does Eteocles view women, especially the Chorus?
4. Why do you think Eteocles makes no comment regarding the attacking general Eteoklos but immediately sends out his general?
5. What is the significance of Polyneices going to Argos and marrying a princess?
6. How does the city of Thebes view both Eteocles and Polyneices?
7. Why would Eteocles and Polyneices plot to kill their father?
8. What is the significance of Amphiaraos' shield?
9. Give an example of how imagery is used in part 2.
10. How are women treated during wartime according to part 1 of the play? Why do you think women were treated in the manner?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of the Oracle of Apollo to the relationship between Lauis and Oedipus.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between parents and children in the play "Seven Against Thebes."
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of: King Laius, King Oedipus, and King Eteocles.
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)