|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eteocles explains that praying is not the problem of the Chorus, but the way they are praying since they are praying for what?
(a) The safety of themselves.
(b) The safety of Eteocles.
(c) The safety of the children.
(d) The safety of their husbands.
2. Traditionally, women are more concerned with _________.
(a) Raising the children.
(b) What happens after the battle.
(c) Their appearance.
(d) Their social standing.
3. What is the name of the fire-breathing monster on the 4th general's shield?
4. "White haired" women, "housewives," and young virgins are all described to be ___________.
(a) Equal victims.
(b) Equal culprits.
(c) Equal beings.
(d) Equal criminals.
5. Who is nicknamed "Killer of many?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the third general described as leading a cavalry of horses, which makes an arrogant, inhuman noise?
2. Who does Eteocles accuse of bringing down the city's morale?
3. Who vows to either kill Eteocles or drive him into exile?
4. Who is the second general that says that he will destroy the city whether it is the gods' will or not?
5. Eteocles vows not to be afraid of Tydeus and does all of the following except:
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)