|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What imagery does the Chorus use to illustrate the situation of Eteocles and his family?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The throne.
(c) The waves.
(d) A ship.
2. Who is nicknamed "Killer of many?"
3. What is the name of the fire-breathing monster on the 4th general's shield?
4. Who does Eteocles consider a "loyal and true son of Thebes?"
5. How does Eteocles try to calm the Chorus in Part 2?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) He gives them a formal prayer to offer the gods.
(c) He tells them to get out of Thebes.
(d) He tells them all is well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who exclaims, "Their breasts exposed to the conqueror's view?"
2. Who represents Eteocles' own blindness and bad judgment?
3. Eteocles' and Oedipus' story is playing out the curse originally laid on ___________.
4. Who is "unmoved by the sound of snorting horses?"
5. Eteocles' refusal to respect his agreement with Polyneices indicates his desire to ___________.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)