|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Amphiaraos is all of the following except:
(a) The one who wanted to call of the attack.
(b) A prophet.
(c) The oldest general.
(d) The 6th general.
2. The Chorus briefly gives in to fear and imagines what will happen to the city if what occurs?
(a) The enemy loses.
(b) The enemy never shows.
(c) The enemy wins.
(d) They join the army.
3. What does Eteocles suggest the Chorus pray about?
(a) That the children remain safe.
(b) That the walls remain standing.
(c) That his army will grow.
(d) That the war will end soon.
4. Who is the second general Eteocles sends out?
5. Who is the second general that says that he will destroy the city whether it is the gods' will or not?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the oldest and more experienced general in Eteocles' army?
2. How does Eteocles try to calm the Chorus in Part 2?
3. What news does the Scout return to Eteocles with in the beginning of part 3?
4. Who is the third general described as leading a cavalry of horses, which makes an arrogant, inhuman noise?
5. What literary form does the Chorus use to describe the destruction and violation of the city's moral?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)