|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbol is on Amphiaraos' shield?
(a) The Spinx.
(b) A Dove.
(c) The Typhon.
2. Who does Eteocles send to face the third general?
3. What imagery does the Chorus use to illustrate the situation of Eteocles and his family?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The throne.
(c) A ship.
(d) The waves.
4. Who says, "When they are brave, they are insolent and intolerable, and when they are frightened, they are rash and dangerous?"
(c) Eteocles' soldiers.
(d) The Chorus.
5. Who states, "if the gods [demand] evil, no man can evade it?"
(b) The Chorus.
(c) The Messenger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who promises to "bring this man [Polyneices] to his harbor, and he shall enjoy his father's city?"
2. To try to escape the will of the gods is considered ___________.
3. What term does Eteocles and the Chorus use to describe the city of Thebes?
4. What does the Chorus do when they hear the sounds of attack from outside the walls?
5. Who is the young general with an almost feminine beauty but a vicious temper?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)