|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who represents Eteocles' own blindness and bad judgment?
(a) The soul.
(c) The mind.
(d) The Spinx.
2. Eteocles reaction was so extreme to whom because of his angry determination to save and protect the city?
(a) His army.
(c) King of Argos.
(d) The women.
3. Eteocles' story and actions echo the story and actions of which other story?
(b) King of Argos.
4. The theme of the play is based on what two stories?
(a) Oedipus and Eteocles.
(b) Laius and Oedipus.
(c) Eteocles and Polyneices.
(d) Oedipus and Polyneices.
5. Who is the second general Eteocles sends out?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who exclaims, "Their breasts exposed to the conqueror's view?"
2. To try to escape the will of the gods is considered ___________.
3. What emblem is on Tydeus' shield?
4. How many generals does Eteocle plan to appoint to face their enemies?
5. Who does Eteocles accuse of bringing down the city's morale?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)