|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "When they are brave, they are insolent and intolerable, and when they are frightened, they are rash and dangerous?"
(a) The Chorus.
(c) Eteocles' soldiers.
2. Who does Eteocle appoint as the last and head general?
(c) A blacksmith.
3. What does the Chorus do when they hear the sounds of attack from outside the walls?
(a) They go tell Eteocles.
(b) They run away.
(c) They panic.
(d) They hide their children.
4. Who does Eteocles send to face the third general?
5. Eteocles and the Chorus express themselves through which literary element?
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles' and Oedipus' story is playing out the curse originally laid on ___________.
2. The principle contrast in Part 2 represents traditional male and female differences in the thought about __________.
3. The principle contrast in Part 2 is between what two objects?
4. Who promises to "bring this man [Polyneices] to his harbor, and he shall enjoy his father's city?"
5. Eteocles' refusal to respect his agreement with Polyneices indicates his desire to ___________.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)