|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because of Eteocles' suggestion of what the Chorus should pray about, they begin to pray about what?
(a) That they will escape before the walls are penetrated.
(b) That they will die before the walls are penetrated.
(c) That the war will be faught away from the walls.
(d) That the war will end before the walls are penetrated.
2. The principle contrast in Part 2 represents traditional male and female differences in the thought about __________.
3. Who represents the voice of reason and faithfulness that Eteocles should have been listening to?
4. Who exclaims, "Their breasts exposed to the conqueror's view?"
(b) King of Argos.
(d) The Chorus.
5. Who says, "The sins of the father [are] visited upon the son?"
(a) The Spinx.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Oracle.
(d) The Fury.
Short Answer Questions
1. To try to escape the will of the gods is considered ___________.
2. Eteocles' and Oedipus' story is playing out the curse originally laid on ___________.
3. Who represents Eteocles' stubbornness while his shield represents Eteocles' passions?
4. Eteocles explains that praying is not the problem of the Chorus, but the way they are praying since they are praying for what?
5. What symbol is on Amphiaraos' shield?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)