|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eteocles and the Chorus express themselves through which literary element?
2. Who does Eteocles consider a "loyal and true son of Thebes?"
3. Who does Eteocles accuse of bringing down the city's morale?
(b) King of Thebes.
(c) King of Argos.
(d) The Chorus.
4. Why does the Chorus say that they come to the square to pray?
(a) So the Gods can defend their city.
(b) So the Gods can fight the enemies.
(c) So the Gods will protect the women.
(d) So the Gods will protect Eteocles.
5. Who vows to either kill Eteocles or drive him into exile?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who represents Eteocles' stubbornness while his shield represents Eteocles' passions?
2. Who is the third general described as leading a cavalry of horses, which makes an arrogant, inhuman noise?
3. Scout describes all of the following, in the beginning of part 3, to Eteocles except:
4. Who does Eteocles promise to put in prison if they do not obey him and bravely face the danger of war?
5. Who says, "The sins of the father [are] visited upon the son?"
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)