|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who states, "if the gods [demand] evil, no man can evade it?"
(b) The Messenger.
(d) The Chorus.
2. Why does the Chorus say that they come to the square to pray?
(a) So the Gods can defend their city.
(b) So the Gods can fight the enemies.
(c) So the Gods will protect the women.
(d) So the Gods will protect Eteocles.
3. Eteocles' refusal to respect his agreement with Polyneices indicates his desire to ___________.
(a) Disown his brother.
(b) Anger his brother.
(c) Have world domination.
(d) Possess and control the city.
4. Who does Eteocle appoint as the last and head general?
(a) A blacksmith.
5. Scout describes all of the following, in the beginning of part 3, to Eteocles except:
(a) Each of the enemy generals.
(b) Which gate each enemy general is set to attack.
(c) The type of horses the armies are riding on.
(d) The emblem on the enemy general's shield.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eteocles express his disgust with in Part 2 of the play?
2. What does Eteocles accuse the Chorus of being?
3. Who represents the voice of reason and faithfulness that Eteocles should have been listening to?
4. Who is the goddess of justice?
5. Eteocles reaction was so extreme to whom because of his angry determination to save and protect the city?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)