|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eteocles reaction was so extreme to whom because of his angry determination to save and protect the city?
(a) His army.
(c) The women.
(d) King of Argos.
2. "White haired" women, "housewives," and young virgins are all described to be ___________.
(a) Equal beings.
(b) Equal culprits.
(c) Equal victims.
(d) Equal criminals.
3. Who is the fourth general the Scout describes as constantly shouting out his war cry and acting almost insane with blood lust?
4. What symbol is on Amphiaraos' shield?
(a) The Spinx.
(b) A Dove.
(d) The Typhon.
5. What does Eteocles suggest the Chorus pray about?
(a) That the children remain safe.
(b) That his army will grow.
(c) That the walls remain standing.
(d) That the war will end soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who represents the voice of reason and faithfulness that Eteocles should have been listening to?
2. Eteocles explains that praying is not the problem of the Chorus, but the way they are praying since they are praying for what?
3. Men see the act of combat as _________.
4. What term does Eteocles and the Chorus use to describe the city of Thebes?
5. Who does Eteocles accuse of bringing down the city's morale?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)