|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Chorus say that they come to the square to pray?
(a) So the Gods will protect the women.
(b) So the Gods can fight the enemies.
(c) So the Gods will protect Eteocles.
(d) So the Gods can defend their city.
2. Who is the second general Eteocles sends out?
3. Who is the oldest and more experienced general in Eteocles' army?
4. How many generals does Eteocle plan to appoint to face their enemies?
5. What is on Kapaneus' shield?
(a) A man armed with a sword.
(b) A man armed with a torch.
(c) A man armed with a bow and arrow.
(d) A man armed with a club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eteocles promise to put in prison if they do not obey him and bravely face the danger of war?
2. Eteocles instructs the Chorus to pray for ________ instead of safety?
3. What news does the Scout return to Eteocles with in the beginning of part 3?
4. "White haired" women, "housewives," and young virgins are all described to be ___________.
5. Men see the act of combat as _________.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)