|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an ode?
(a) A poetic song.
(b) A poetic foil.
(c) A poetic metaphor.
(d) A poetic Euphony.
2. The theme of the play is based on what two stories?
(a) Eteocles and Polyneices.
(b) Oedipus and Eteocles.
(c) Laius and Oedipus.
(d) Oedipus and Polyneices.
3. "White haired" women, "housewives," and young virgins are all described to be ___________.
(a) Equal criminals.
(b) Equal beings.
(c) Equal culprits.
(d) Equal victims.
4. The Chorus uses all of the following likening the destruction and violation of the city to the destruction and violation of a woman except:
5. Who says, "The sins of the father [are] visited upon the son?"
(a) The Oracle.
(b) The Spinx.
(c) The Fury.
(d) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles' story and actions echo the story and actions of which other story?
2. What does the Chorus do when they hear the sounds of attack from outside the walls?
3. Because of Eteocles' suggestion of what the Chorus should pray about, they begin to pray about what?
4. Who represents the voice of reason and faithfulness that Eteocles should have been listening to?
5. Who represents the way that Eteocles has followed his own will which he honors more than he honors the will of the gods?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)