|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Eteocles try to calm the Chorus in Part 2?
(a) He tells them to get out of Thebes.
(b) He gives them a formal prayer to offer the gods.
(c) He doesn't.
(d) He tells them all is well.
2. "White haired" women, "housewives," and young virgins are all described to be ___________.
(a) Equal victims.
(b) Equal criminals.
(c) Equal beings.
(d) Equal culprits.
3. What does Eteocles accuse the Chorus of being?
4. What is the name of the fire-breathing monster on the 4th general's shield?
5. Eteocles instructs the Chorus to pray for ________ instead of safety?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the goddess of justice?
2. The Chorus formally pray to Zeus and the other gods, asking them _____________.
3. The Chorus uses all of the following likening the destruction and violation of the city to the destruction and violation of a woman except:
4. The Chorus briefly gives in to fear and imagines what will happen to the city if what occurs?
5. Who is Tydeus?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)