|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus briefly gives in to fear and imagines what will happen to the city if what occurs?
(a) They join the army.
(b) The enemy loses.
(c) The enemy never shows.
(d) The enemy wins.
2. Because of Eteocles' suggestion of what the Chorus should pray about, they begin to pray about what?
(a) That they will die before the walls are penetrated.
(b) That the war will end before the walls are penetrated.
(c) That the war will be faught away from the walls.
(d) That they will escape before the walls are penetrated.
3. Who does Eteocles send to face Tydeus?
4. What does Eteocles accuse the Chorus of being?
5. Who says, "When they are brave, they are insolent and intolerable, and when they are frightened, they are rash and dangerous?"
(c) Eteocles' soldiers.
(d) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eteocles suggest the Chorus pray about?
2. Who does Eteocles send to face the third general?
3. Eteocles' refusal to respect his agreement with Polyneices indicates his desire to ___________.
4. What symbol is on Amphiaraos' shield?
5. What news does the Scout return to Eteocles with in the beginning of part 3?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)