|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many generals does Eteocle plan to appoint to face their enemies?
2. What does Eteocles accuse the Chorus of being?
3. What is the name of the fire-breathing monster on the 4th general's shield?
4. What news does the Scout return to Eteocles with in the beginning of part 3?
(a) The armies are outside the gates of Thebes.
(b) The armies just left the gate of Thebes.
(c) The armies are on their way to the gates of Thebes.
(d) The armies have turned away from the gates of Thebes.
5. Who represents the voice of reason and faithfulness that Eteocles should have been listening to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary form does the Chorus use to describe the destruction and violation of the city's moral?
2. Who is the second general that says that he will destroy the city whether it is the gods' will or not?
3. What term does Eteocles and the Chorus use to describe the city of Thebes?
4. Traditionally, males are more concerned with _______.
5. What is on Parthenopaios' shield?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)