|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who represents the voice of reason and faithfulness that Eteocles should have been listening to?
2. "White haired" women, "housewives," and young virgins are all described to be ___________.
(a) Equal beings.
(b) Equal culprits.
(c) Equal victims.
(d) Equal criminals.
3. Eteocles and the Chorus express themselves through which literary element?
4. Who is "unmoved by the sound of snorting horses?"
5. Why is Tydeus forbidden to cross the river?
(a) It's against his religion.
(b) He doesn't have a ship.
(c) He can't swim.
(d) The omens aren't good.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on Parthenopaios' shield?
2. Men see the act of combat as _________.
3. Eteocles instructs the Chorus to pray for ________ instead of safety?
4. What does the Chorus do when they hear the sounds of attack from outside the walls?
5. Who does Eteocle appoint as the last and head general?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)