|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many generals does Eteocle plan to appoint to face their enemies?
2. What does Eteocles accuse the Chorus of being?
3. Who represents Eteocles' own blindness and bad judgment?
(b) The soul.
(c) The mind.
(d) The Spinx.
4. What emblem is on Tydeus' shield?
5. Who does Eteocle appoint as the last and head general?
(d) A blacksmith.
6. Who urges Eteocles not to "take on the violence of your brother?"
(a) The Chorus.
7. What is the name of the fire-breathing monster on the 4th general's shield?
8. Who is "unmoved by the sound of snorting horses?"
9. To try to escape the will of the gods is considered ___________.
10. The Chorus uses all of the following likening the destruction and violation of the city to the destruction and violation of a woman except:
11. Eteocles instructs the Chorus to pray for ________ instead of safety?
12. Who does Eteocles send to face the third general?
13. Who is the second general Eteocles sends out?
14. Who promises to "bring this man [Polyneices] to his harbor, and he shall enjoy his father's city?"
15. What is on Parthenopaios' shield?
(a) The Typhon.
(b) The Oracle.
(c) The Spinx.
(d) The Fury.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is nicknamed "Killer of many?"
2. Traditionally, males are more concerned with _______.
3. Eteocles vows not to be afraid of Tydeus and does all of the following except:
4. The theme of the play is based on what two stories?
5. Eteocles' and Oedipus' story is playing out the curse originally laid on ___________.
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)