|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "White haired" women, "housewives," and young virgins are all described to be ___________.
(a) Equal culprits.
(b) Equal victims.
(c) Equal criminals.
(d) Equal beings.
2. Scout describes all of the following, in the beginning of part 3, to Eteocles except:
(a) Which gate each enemy general is set to attack.
(b) Each of the enemy generals.
(c) The emblem on the enemy general's shield.
(d) The type of horses the armies are riding on.
3. Who is the goddess of justice?
4. Who is the fourth general the Scout describes as constantly shouting out his war cry and acting almost insane with blood lust?
5. Who does Eteocles promise to put in prison if they do not obey him and bravely face the danger of war?
(a) Any citizen.
6. Eteocles and the Chorus express themselves through which literary element?
7. Who is "unmoved by the sound of snorting horses?"
8. Who states, "if the gods [demand] evil, no man can evade it?"
(b) The Messenger.
(c) The Chorus.
9. Who is the second general Eteocles sends out?
10. Eteocles instructs the Chorus to pray for ________ instead of safety?
11. The Chorus uses all of the following likening the destruction and violation of the city to the destruction and violation of a woman except:
12. What literary form does the Chorus use to describe the destruction and violation of the city's moral?
13. What symbol is on Amphiaraos' shield?
(a) The Spinx.
(b) The Typhon.
(d) A Dove.
14. What emblem is on Tydeus' shield?
15. The principle contrast in Part 2 is between what two objects?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eteocles accuse the Chorus of being?
2. Who does Eteocles consider a "loyal and true son of Thebes?"
3. Amphiaraos is all of the following except:
4. What is on Parthenopaios' shield?
5. Who promises to "bring this man [Polyneices] to his harbor, and he shall enjoy his father's city?"
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)