|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Amphiaraos is all of the following except:
(a) The oldest general.
(b) A prophet.
(c) The one who wanted to call of the attack.
(d) The 6th general.
2. Who is "unmoved by the sound of snorting horses?"
3. The Chorus uses all of the following likening the destruction and violation of the city to the destruction and violation of a woman except:
4. Who vows to either kill Eteocles or drive him into exile?
5. Eteocles reaction was so extreme to whom because of his angry determination to save and protect the city?
(a) King of Argos.
(b) His army.
(c) The women.
6. Who does Eteocles consider a "loyal and true son of Thebes?"
7. Who is nicknamed "Killer of many?"
8. Who is the oldest and more experienced general in Eteocles' army?
9. Who is the second general that says that he will destroy the city whether it is the gods' will or not?
10. What is an ode?
(a) A poetic song.
(b) A poetic metaphor.
(c) A poetic Euphony.
(d) A poetic foil.
11. What is on Kapaneus' shield?
(a) A man armed with a torch.
(b) A man armed with a club.
(c) A man armed with a sword.
(d) A man armed with a bow and arrow.
12. Who does Eteocles send to face Tydeus?
13. Who represents the voice of reason and faithfulness that Eteocles should have been listening to?
14. Who does Eteocles accuse of bringing down the city's morale?
(b) The Chorus.
(c) King of Thebes.
(d) King of Argos.
15. Women see the act of combat as something that causes ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus briefly gives in to fear and imagines what will happen to the city if what occurs?
2. What imagery does the Chorus use to illustrate the situation of Eteocles and his family?
3. Whose shield bears the image of a man climbing a ladder and shouting that not even Ares will knock him off it?
4. According to the Chorus, what are the Gods a source of?
5. What news does the Scout return to Eteocles with in the beginning of part 3?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)