|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eteocles suggest the Chorus pray about?
(a) That the walls remain standing.
(b) That the children remain safe.
(c) That his army will grow.
(d) That the war will end soon.
2. Who does Eteocles promise to put in prison if they do not obey him and bravely face the danger of war?
(a) Any citizen.
3. Who urges Eteocles not to "take on the violence of your brother?"
(c) The Chorus.
4. Whose shield bears the image of a man climbing a ladder and shouting that not even Ares will knock him off it?
5. The principle contrast in Part 2 represents traditional male and female differences in the thought about __________.
6. Who represents the voice of reason and faithfulness that Eteocles should have been listening to?
7. The Chorus briefly gives in to fear and imagines what will happen to the city if what occurs?
(a) The enemy never shows.
(b) They join the army.
(c) The enemy wins.
(d) The enemy loses.
8. Who prays to the gods to guide and inspire Eteocles' generals to victory?
(a) The Chorus.
(c) The Messenger.
(d) The Scout.
9. Who does Eteocles send to face the third general?
10. Amphiaraos is all of the following except:
(a) The 6th general.
(b) The one who wanted to call of the attack.
(c) The oldest general.
(d) A prophet.
11. To try to escape the will of the gods is considered ___________.
12. Eteocles' story and actions echo the story and actions of which other story?
(a) King of Argos.
13. What is the name of the fire-breathing monster on the 4th general's shield?
14. Eteocles' and Oedipus' story is playing out the curse originally laid on ___________.
15. Who vows to either kill Eteocles or drive him into exile?
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles reaction was so extreme to whom because of his angry determination to save and protect the city?
2. Who represents Eteocles' own blindness and bad judgment?
3. Scout describes all of the following, in the beginning of part 3, to Eteocles except:
4. Who says, "The sins of the father [are] visited upon the son?"
5. What news does the Scout return to Eteocles with in the beginning of part 3?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)