|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the second general Eteocles sends out?
2. Eteocles and the Chorus express themselves through which literary element?
3. Who is the oldest and more experienced general in Eteocles' army?
4. Who does Eteocles consider a "loyal and true son of Thebes?"
5. Who is the goddess of justice?
6. What is the name of the fire-breathing monster on the 4th general's shield?
7. Who does Eteocles send to face Tydeus?
8. The Chorus briefly gives in to fear and imagines what will happen to the city if what occurs?
(a) The enemy never shows.
(b) The enemy loses.
(c) The enemy wins.
(d) They join the army.
9. What term does Eteocles and the Chorus use to describe the city of Thebes?
10. Women see the act of combat as something that causes ___________.
11. Scout describes all of the following, in the beginning of part 3, to Eteocles except:
(a) The type of horses the armies are riding on.
(b) Each of the enemy generals.
(c) Which gate each enemy general is set to attack.
(d) The emblem on the enemy general's shield.
12. Who does Eteocles express his disgust with in Part 2 of the play?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) His army.
(c) King of Argos.
13. Who exclaims, "Their breasts exposed to the conqueror's view?"
(b) The Chorus.
(c) King of Argos.
14. Eteocles explains that praying is not the problem of the Chorus, but the way they are praying since they are praying for what?
(a) The safety of Eteocles.
(b) The safety of the children.
(c) The safety of their husbands.
(d) The safety of themselves.
15. How is Aktor related to Hyperbios?
(a) They are sisters.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are brothers-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. "White haired" women, "housewives," and young virgins are all described to be ___________.
2. Eteocles' and Oedipus' story is playing out the curse originally laid on ___________.
3. Eteocles vows not to be afraid of Tydeus and does all of the following except:
4. Who states, "if the gods [demand] evil, no man can evade it?"
5. Who represents Eteocles' stubbornness while his shield represents Eteocles' passions?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)