|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Seven Against Thebes is structured in what form?
(c) New Age.
2. Human beings are metaphorically represented by ________.
(d) The Ocean.
3. At the end of the first year, what does Eteocles refused to do?
(a) Fight the war.
(b) Find a wife.
(c) Give up the throne.
(d) Feed the hungry.
4. After Oedipus' death, who rules the city of Thebes?
5. After Oedipus' adopts father is killed, Oedipus seeks revenge and kills _______ .
(a) the Oracle of Apollo.
(c) the King of Argos.
6. Who does the King of Thebes address in the city?
(a) Male citizens.
(b) Working citizens.
(c) Women citizens.
(d) All citizens.
7. Who does Eteocles pray to in the beginning of part 1?
(a) The Scout.
8. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
(a) Their ancestors.
(c) The gods.
(d) Their parents.
9. What is the genre of Seven Against Thebes?
10. What does Eteocles compare Thebes and its land to?
(a) Their brother.
(b) Their mother.
(c) Their sister.
(d) Their father.
11. What type of violation is used to describe women seeing their husbands, sons, and brothers killed?
12. Who says, "Their reports will save me from all traps and deceptions?"
(a) A Scout.
(b) The Chorus.
(c) The Fury.
13. The particular legend of "Seven Against Thebes" resembles what other type of legends?
14. The image of Thebes is considered the ______ of its citizens.
15. Any citizen in the _____ would know the story, or myth, that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Eteocles considered to be an illegal king?
2. Who runs on with news that the seven powerful generals of the attacking army have performed a blood sacrifice?
3. _______ rescues Oedipus and raises him to adulthood.
4. The story that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on is part of their background as a ____________.
5. Where does Eteocles go to prepare for war?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)