Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eteocles tells the men that the battle has ______.
(a) Hasn't started.
(b) Gone badly.
(c) Gone well.
(d) Is over.
2. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
(a) Religious life.
(b) Cultural life.
(c) Private life.
(d) Social life.
3. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
4. Who does the King of Thebes address in the city?
(a) Women citizens.
(b) Working citizens.
(c) All citizens.
(d) Male citizens.
5. Human beings are metaphorically represented by ________.
(c) The Ocean.
6. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
7. What does Eteocles compare Thebes and its land to?
(a) Their brother.
(b) Their mother.
(c) Their sister.
(d) Their father.
8. The image of Thebes is considered the ______ of its citizens.
9. _______ rescues Oedipus and raises him to adulthood.
(a) A fisherman.
(d) A farmer.
10. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
11. Imagery is used throughout the play to describe the _______ of women.
12. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
13. What type of violation is used to describe women seeing their husbands, sons, and brothers killed?
14. What are the two plays leading up to "Seven Against Thebes" named?
(a) Ismene and Antigone.
(b) Polyneices and Eteocles.
(c) The Oracle and The Spinx.
(d) Laius and Oedipus.
15. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
(a) Growing old together.
(b) Kill each other.
(c) Praising each other.
(d) Losing contact with each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Plays in ancient Greece are produced as part of what type of ceremony?
2. Where does Eteocles go to prepare for war?
3. The particular legend of "Seven Against Thebes" resembles what other type of legends?
4. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
5. Who says, "Their reports will save me from all traps and deceptions?"
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)