|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The imagery in general represents a basic element of the Greek philosophy of ________.
2. What is another name for the manifestation of the Curse of Oedipus?
(a) The Oracle.
(b) The Scary.
(c) The Fury.
(d) The Blind.
3. The play "Seven Agaist Thebes" is the third in a _______ of plays.
4. What is a Spinx?
(a) Half-man, half-lion.
(b) Half-woman, half-lion.
(c) Half-woman, half-goat.
(d) Half-man, half-horse.
5. How many Gates of Thebes are there?
6. Imagery throughout the play is based on ________.
(a) Jungle and Tigers.
(b) Clouds and Birds.
(c) Sand and Mountains.
(d) Ships and the Sea.
7. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
8. Which of the following is not a fear of the women of Thebes?
9. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
10. In the opening of the Background, Laius has kidnapped, assaulted and murdered ______ son?
11. Eteocles tells the men that the battle has ______.
(a) Gone badly.
(b) Is over.
(c) Hasn't started.
(d) Gone well.
12. The belief system of ancient Greece is that existence depends upon _____, or the will of the gods?
(b) Free will.
13. At the end of the first year, what does Eteocles refused to do?
(a) Find a wife.
(b) Give up the throne.
(c) Feed the hungry.
(d) Fight the war.
14. Who does Eteocles pray to in the beginning of part 1?
(b) The Scout.
15. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
(b) Their ancestors.
(c) Their parents.
(d) The gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. The will of the gods are metaphorically represented by _________.
2. Who says, "Their reports will save me from all traps and deceptions?"
3. Who kills Oedipus' adopted father in the Background section of the play?
4. _______ rescues Oedipus and raises him to adulthood.
5. The Chorus of Women represents ___________.
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)