|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The particular legend of "Seven Against Thebes" resembles what other type of legends?
2. Who does Eteocles call upon to fight to protect the land and the city of Thebes?
(a) The children.
(c) The man.
(d) The woman.
3. What is another name for the manifestation of the Curse of Oedipus?
(a) The Fury.
(b) The Oracle.
(c) The Blind.
(d) The Scary.
4. The image of Thebes is of a ________.
5. After Oedipus' adopts father is killed, Oedipus seeks revenge and kills _______ .
(a) the King of Argos.
(d) the Oracle of Apollo.
6. The Chorus refers to the attacks against the city of Thebes as _______.
7. The will of the gods are metaphorically represented by _________.
(a) The Sky.
(b) The Earth.
(c) The Ocean.
(d) The Land.
8. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
9. Who runs on with news that the seven powerful generals of the attacking army have performed a blood sacrifice?
(a) A carpenter.
(b) A blacksmith.
(c) A scout.
(d) The Chorus.
10. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
11. What is the setting of the play?
12. When Oedipus' crimes are revealed, what happens to Jocasta?
(a) She commits suicide.
(b) She becomes ruler of Thebes.
(c) She blinds herself.
(d) She is murdered.
13. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
14. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
15. What is the original language of the play "Seven Against Thebes?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of violation is used to describe women being treated like treasures?
2. At the end of the first year, what does Eteocles refused to do?
3. Who does the King of Thebes address in the city?
4. _______ rescues Oedipus and raises him to adulthood.
5. The story that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on is part of their background as a ____________.
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)