|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of the play?
2. Any citizen in the _____ would know the story, or myth, that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on.
3. What is the original language of the play "Seven Against Thebes?"
4. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
5. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
6. The image of Thebes is of a ________.
7. The play "Seven Agaist Thebes" is the third in a _______ of plays.
8. Imagery throughout the play is based on ________.
(a) Ships and the Sea.
(b) Sand and Mountains.
(c) Jungle and Tigers.
(d) Clouds and Birds.
9. The belief system of ancient Greece is that existence depends upon _____, or the will of the gods?
(d) Free will.
10. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
11. At the end of the first year, what does Eteocles refused to do?
(a) Feed the hungry.
(b) Fight the war.
(c) Give up the throne.
(d) Find a wife.
12. How many Gates of Thebes are there?
13. The will of the gods are metaphorically represented by _________.
(a) The Sky.
(b) The Land.
(c) The Ocean.
(d) The Earth.
14. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ him.
15. Who is the King of Thebes at the opening of part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Laius is regarded as a _______ in the city of Thebes.
2. Who are the group of women of Thebes who rushes on in a panic?
3. What is the name of the prophet that has foreseen the armies of Argos attacking Thebes soon?
4. Who does Eteocles pray to in the beginning of part 1?
5. Who kills Oedipus' adopted father in the Background section of the play?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)