Short Answer Questions Key
1. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
2. In the opening of the Background, Laius has kidnapped, assaulted and murdered ______ son?
3. Who punishes Laius for kidnapping and murdering his friend's son?
The Oracle of Apollo.
4. As punishment for his crime, if Laius fathered any children, what would happen to the city of Thebes?
It would be destroyed.
5. What is the name of Laius' son?
6. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ him.
7. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ his mother.
8. What does Laius do to baby Oedipus after hearing the Oracle foretell Oedipus' future?
He injured the baby's feet.
This section contains 3,620 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)