|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ his mother.
2. Amphiaraos is all of the following except:
(a) A prophet.
(b) The one who wanted to call of the attack.
(c) The 6th general.
(d) The oldest general.
3. The Chorus briefly gives in to fear and imagines what will happen to the city if what occurs?
(a) The enemy loses.
(b) They join the army.
(c) The enemy wins.
(d) The enemy never shows.
4. Who prays to the gods to guide and inspire Eteocles' generals to victory?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) The Messenger.
(c) The Scout.
5. Who does Eteocles consider a "loyal and true son of Thebes?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a fear of the women of Thebes?
2. Who is Tydeus?
3. The principle contrast in Part 2 represents traditional male and female differences in the thought about __________.
4. What is a Spinx?
5. What term does Eteocles and the Chorus use to describe the city of Thebes?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)