|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who urges Eteocles not to "take on the violence of your brother?"
(b) The Chorus.
2. The imagery in general represents a basic element of the Greek philosophy of ________.
3. After Oedipus' adopts father is killed, Oedipus seeks revenge and kills _______ .
(a) the Oracle of Apollo.
(c) the King of Argos.
4. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
(b) Provide for their family.
(c) Raise children.
5. What is a Spinx?
(a) Half-woman, half-goat.
(b) Half-woman, half-lion.
(c) Half-man, half-horse.
(d) Half-man, half-lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
2. Where does Polyneices go to marry a princess?
3. Laius is regarded as a _______ in the city of Thebes.
4. What does Eteocles compare Thebes and its land to?
5. Eteocles and the Chorus express themselves through which literary element?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)