|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Chorus say that they come to the square to pray?
(a) So the Gods will protect Eteocles.
(b) So the Gods will protect the women.
(c) So the Gods can fight the enemies.
(d) So the Gods can defend their city.
2. Who states, "if the gods [demand] evil, no man can evade it?"
(b) The Chorus.
(c) The Messenger.
3. Traditionally, males are more concerned with _______.
(a) Their children.
(b) Battle itself.
(c) Their social standing.
4. Who is the fourth general the Scout describes as constantly shouting out his war cry and acting almost insane with blood lust?
5. Where does Polyneices go to marry a princess?
(a) The Spinx.
(b) The Oracle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is "unmoved by the sound of snorting horses?"
2. Who represents the way that Eteocles has followed his own will which he honors more than he honors the will of the gods?
3. Eteocles tells the men that the battle has ______.
4. Laius is regarded as a _______ in the city of Thebes.
5. At the end of the first year, what does Eteocles refused to do?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)