|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eteocles' refusal to respect his agreement with Polyneices indicates his desire to ___________.
(a) Disown his brother.
(b) Have world domination.
(c) Anger his brother.
(d) Possess and control the city.
2. The Chorus uses all of the following likening the destruction and violation of the city to the destruction and violation of a woman except:
3. What is the original language of the play "Seven Against Thebes?"
4. To go against the will of the gods, or to make them angry, is to risk destruction. This is considered the _____ of the play.
5. Eteocles and the Chorus express themselves through which literary element?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for the Scout?
2. After Oedipus' adopts father is killed, Oedipus seeks revenge and kills _______ .
3. Who is the King of Thebes at the opening of part 1?
4. Who prays to the gods to guide and inspire Eteocles' generals to victory?
5. Who is the oldest and more experienced general in Eteocles' army?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)