|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eteocles accuse the Chorus of being?
2. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ his mother.
3. The will of the gods are metaphorically represented by _________.
(a) The Ocean.
(b) The Sky.
(c) The Land.
(d) The Earth.
4. Who represents the voice of reason and faithfulness that Eteocles should have been listening to?
5. Plays in ancient Greece are produced as part of what type of ceremony?
(a) A pilgrimage.
(b) A religious festival.
(c) A eulogy.
(d) An offering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on Parthenopaios' shield?
2. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
3. Whose appearance and description of the armies is a typical device of classical Greek theatre?
4. What is the name of a group of individual actors speaking with the thoughts, emotions, and reactions of a single character?
5. What is on Kapaneus' shield?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)