|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The image of Thebes is of a ________.
2. Who promises to "bring this man [Polyneices] to his harbor, and he shall enjoy his father's city?"
3. Who does Eteocles promise to put in prison if they do not obey him and bravely face the danger of war?
(d) Any citizen.
4. What is the name of the prophet that has foreseen the armies of Argos attacking Thebes soon?
(a) The Oracle.
(c) The Fury.
5. What is the name of the fire-breathing monster on the 4th general's shield?
Short Answer Questions
1. The imagery in general represents a basic element of the Greek philosophy of ________.
2. Who is the second general Eteocles sends out?
3. What are the two plays leading up to "Seven Against Thebes" named?
4. What is on Parthenopaios' shield?
5. Women see the act of combat as something that causes ___________.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)