|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eteocles and the Chorus express themselves through which literary element?
2. Men see the act of combat as _________.
3. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
4. Whose appearance and description of the armies is a typical device of classical Greek theatre?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) The Scout.
(c) The king.
(d) The blacksmith.
5. Who is the young general with an almost feminine beauty but a vicious temper?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Oedipus' adopts father is killed, Oedipus seeks revenge and kills _______ .
2. Plays based on Greek legend tend to be very _____.
3. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
4. Who represents Eteocles' own blindness and bad judgment?
5. What is the genre of Seven Against Thebes?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)