|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on Kapaneus' shield?
(a) A man armed with a bow and arrow.
(b) A man armed with a club.
(c) A man armed with a torch.
(d) A man armed with a sword.
2. Who conspires to kill Oedipus at the end of the Background section?
(a) King of Argos.
(b) Eteocles and Polyneices.
(d) The Spinx.
3. Who exclaims, "Their breasts exposed to the conqueror's view?"
(b) The Chorus.
(c) King of Argos.
4. To go against the will of the gods, or to make them angry, is to risk destruction. This is considered the _____ of the play.
5. Who represents Eteocles' own blindness and bad judgment?
(a) The Spinx.
(b) The soul.
(c) The mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emblem is on Tydeus' shield?
2. What is an ode?
3. Who is the fourth general the Scout describes as constantly shouting out his war cry and acting almost insane with blood lust?
4. Amphiaraos is all of the following except:
5. Where does Polyneices go to marry a princess?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)