|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
2. Who is the King of Thebes at the opening of part 1?
3. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
(a) Cultural life.
(b) Religious life.
(c) Social life.
(d) Private life.
4. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
(a) Growing old together.
(b) Praising each other.
(c) Losing contact with each other.
(d) Kill each other.
5. Who does Eteocles express his disgust with in Part 2 of the play?
(a) The Chorus.
(c) His army.
(d) King of Argos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of Eteocles' suggestion of what the Chorus should pray about, they begin to pray about what?
2. Why is Eteocles considered to be an illegal king?
3. Women see the act of combat as something that causes ___________.
4. Eteocles' story and actions echo the story and actions of which other story?
5. Who conspires to kill Oedipus at the end of the Background section?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)