|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jocasta?
(a) Oedipus' wife.
(b) Laius' daughter.
(c) Oedipus' sister.
(d) Polyneices' wife.
2. Who does Eteocles consider a "loyal and true son of Thebes?"
3. Why is Eteocles considered to be an illegal king?
(a) He is not married.
(b) He is not originally from Thebes.
(c) He is not old enough to be king.
(d) He broke his agreement with his brother.
4. The Chorus uses all of the following likening the destruction and violation of the city to the destruction and violation of a woman except:
5. What does Eteocles suggest the Chorus pray about?
(a) That the walls remain standing.
(b) That his army will grow.
(c) That the war will end soon.
(d) That the children remain safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
2. The particular legend of "Seven Against Thebes" resembles what other type of legends?
3. Who runs on with news that the seven powerful generals of the attacking army have performed a blood sacrifice?
4. The image of Thebes is of a ________.
5. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ him.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)