|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an ode?
(a) A poetic metaphor.
(b) A poetic Euphony.
(c) A poetic song.
(d) A poetic foil.
2. Eteocles' and Oedipus' story is playing out the curse originally laid on ___________.
3. What is the setting of the play?
4. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
5. "White haired" women, "housewives," and young virgins are all described to be ___________.
(a) Equal victims.
(b) Equal beings.
(c) Equal culprits.
(d) Equal criminals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Spinx?
2. In the opening of the Background, Laius has kidnapped, assaulted and murdered ______ son?
3. Who represents Eteocles' stubbornness while his shield represents Eteocles' passions?
4. Where does Polyneices go to marry a princess?
5. Who does Eteocles accuse of bringing down the city's morale?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)