|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another name for the manifestation of the Curse of Oedipus?
(a) The Fury.
(b) The Scary.
(c) The Blind.
(d) The Oracle.
2. The principle contrast in Part 2 represents traditional male and female differences in the thought about __________.
3. The imagery in general represents a basic element of the Greek philosophy of ________.
4. Who does Eteocles express his disgust with in Part 2 of the play?
(b) King of Argos.
(c) His army.
(d) The Chorus.
5. Eteocles vows not to be afraid of Tydeus and does all of the following except:
(a) Charges Tydeus with bad judgement.
(b) Charges Tydeus with deafness.
(c) Charges Tydeus with blindness .
(d) Ridicules the prophet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emblem is on Tydeus' shield?
2. The belief system of ancient Greece is that existence depends upon _____, or the will of the gods?
3. What is a Spinx?
4. According to the Chorus, what are the Gods a source of?
5. What is the setting of the play?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)