|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the prophet that has foreseen the armies of Argos attacking Thebes soon?
(c) The Fury.
(d) The Oracle.
2. _______ rescues Oedipus and raises him to adulthood.
(a) A fisherman.
(b) A farmer.
3. What does the Chorus do when they hear the sounds of attack from outside the walls?
(a) They panic.
(b) They run away.
(c) They hide their children.
(d) They go tell Eteocles.
4. Eteocles reaction was so extreme to whom because of his angry determination to save and protect the city?
(a) King of Argos.
(b) His army.
(c) The women.
5. Eteocles explains that praying is not the problem of the Chorus, but the way they are praying since they are praying for what?
(a) The safety of Eteocles.
(b) The safety of their husbands.
(c) The safety of the children.
(d) The safety of themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the young general with an almost feminine beauty but a vicious temper?
2. What is an ode?
3. Who represents Eteocles' stubbornness while his shield represents Eteocles' passions?
4. What is the setting of the play?
5. Whose shield bears the image of a man climbing a ladder and shouting that not even Ares will knock him off it?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)