|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eteocles' refusal to respect his agreement with Polyneices indicates his desire to ___________.
(a) Disown his brother.
(b) Possess and control the city.
(c) Anger his brother.
(d) Have world domination.
2. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
(a) Losing contact with each other.
(b) Kill each other.
(c) Praising each other.
(d) Growing old together.
3. Who urges Eteocles not to "take on the violence of your brother?"
(d) The Chorus.
4. Who is the young general with an almost feminine beauty but a vicious temper?
5. Whose shield bears the image of a man climbing a ladder and shouting that not even Ares will knock him off it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laius do to baby Oedipus after hearing the Oracle foretell Oedipus' future?
2. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ his mother.
3. How is Aktor related to Hyperbios?
4. Eteocles' and Oedipus' story is playing out the curse originally laid on ___________.
5. The principle contrast in Part 2 represents traditional male and female differences in the thought about __________.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)