|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbol is on Amphiaraos' shield?
(a) The Typhon.
(b) The Spinx.
(d) A Dove.
2. After Oedipus' adopts father is killed, Oedipus seeks revenge and kills _______ .
(b) the King of Argos.
(d) the Oracle of Apollo.
3. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ him.
4. The Chorus of Women represents ___________.
(a) The country.
(b) The army.
(c) The city.
(d) The universe.
5. At the end of the first year, what does Eteocles refused to do?
(a) Feed the hungry.
(b) Find a wife.
(c) Fight the war.
(d) Give up the throne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
2. Who does Eteocles pray to in the beginning of part 1?
3. What news does the Scout return to Eteocles with in the beginning of part 3?
4. Women see the act of combat as something that causes ___________.
5. What does the Chorus do when they hear the sounds of attack from outside the walls?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)