|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
(a) Cultural life.
(b) Social life.
(c) Private life.
(d) Religious life.
2. How many generals does Eteocle plan to appoint to face their enemies?
3. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
4. Who does Eteocles consider a "loyal and true son of Thebes?"
5. Who conspires to kill Oedipus at the end of the Background section?
(a) Eteocles and Polyneices.
(b) King of Argos.
(c) The Spinx.
Short Answer Questions
1. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
2. Who punishes Laius for kidnapping and murdering his friend's son?
3. Who represents the way that Eteocles has followed his own will which he honors more than he honors the will of the gods?
4. Who promises to "bring this man [Polyneices] to his harbor, and he shall enjoy his father's city?"
5. Imagery throughout the play is based on ________.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)