|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two plays leading up to "Seven Against Thebes" named?
(a) Laius and Oedipus.
(b) Polyneices and Eteocles.
(c) The Oracle and The Spinx.
(d) Ismene and Antigone.
2. Who does Eteocles send to face Tydeus?
3. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
(a) Kill each other.
(b) Praising each other.
(c) Losing contact with each other.
(d) Growing old together.
4. The Chorus uses all of the following likening the destruction and violation of the city to the destruction and violation of a woman except:
5. What is the setting of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the King of Thebes at the opening of part 1?
2. Seven Against Thebes is structured in what form?
3. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
4. The Chorus formally pray to Zeus and the other gods, asking them _____________.
5. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)