|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of violation is used to describe women being treated like treasures?
2. What is on Kapaneus' shield?
(a) A man armed with a sword.
(b) A man armed with a club.
(c) A man armed with a bow and arrow.
(d) A man armed with a torch.
3. Because of Eteocles' suggestion of what the Chorus should pray about, they begin to pray about what?
(a) That the war will be faught away from the walls.
(b) That the war will end before the walls are penetrated.
(c) That they will escape before the walls are penetrated.
(d) That they will die before the walls are penetrated.
4. The will of the gods are metaphorically represented by _________.
(a) The Earth.
(b) The Ocean.
(c) The Sky.
(d) The Land.
5. What is a Spinx?
(a) Half-man, half-lion.
(b) Half-man, half-horse.
(c) Half-woman, half-lion.
(d) Half-woman, half-goat.
Short Answer Questions
1. The particular legend of "Seven Against Thebes" resembles what other type of legends?
2. Who says, "When they are brave, they are insolent and intolerable, and when they are frightened, they are rash and dangerous?"
3. Who conspires to kill Oedipus at the end of the Background section?
4. According to the Chorus, what are the Gods a source of?
5. Laius is regarded as a _______ in the city of Thebes.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)