|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The principle contrast in Part 2 represents traditional male and female differences in the thought about __________.
2. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
(b) Their ancestors.
(c) The gods.
(d) Their parents.
3. What symbol is on Amphiaraos' shield?
(a) A Dove.
(b) The Typhon.
(d) The Spinx.
4. As punishment for his crime, if Laius fathered any children, what would happen to the city of Thebes?
(a) It would rule all nations.
(b) It would be safe.
(c) It would be destroyed.
(d) It would be infested.
5. The Chorus of Women represents ___________.
(a) The city.
(b) The country.
(c) The universe.
(d) The army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a fear of the women of Thebes?
2. Who urges Eteocles not to "take on the violence of your brother?"
3. Eteocles tells the men that the battle has ______.
4. What is the name of a group of individual actors speaking with the thoughts, emotions, and reactions of a single character?
5. What are the two plays leading up to "Seven Against Thebes" named?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)