|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does the Scout return to Eteocles with in the beginning of part 3?
(a) The armies have turned away from the gates of Thebes.
(b) The armies are outside the gates of Thebes.
(c) The armies just left the gate of Thebes.
(d) The armies are on their way to the gates of Thebes.
2. What is the setting of the play?
3. Who says, "Their reports will save me from all traps and deceptions?"
(a) A Scout.
(b) The Fury.
(c) The Chorus.
4. Who says, "The sins of the father [are] visited upon the son?"
(a) The Fury.
(b) The Oracle.
(c) The Spinx.
(d) The Bible.
5. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles' refusal to respect his agreement with Polyneices indicates his desire to ___________.
2. Traditionally, women are more concerned with _________.
3. Who runs on with news that the seven powerful generals of the attacking army have performed a blood sacrifice?
4. What is the name of a group of individual actors speaking with the thoughts, emotions, and reactions of a single character?
5. Who is Jocasta?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)