|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eteocles and the Chorus express themselves through which literary element?
2. Eteocles' refusal to respect his agreement with Polyneices indicates his desire to ___________.
(a) Possess and control the city.
(b) Anger his brother.
(c) Disown his brother.
(d) Have world domination.
3. After Oedipus' adopts father is killed, Oedipus seeks revenge and kills _______ .
(a) the Oracle of Apollo.
(b) the King of Argos.
4. Traditionally, males are more concerned with _______.
(a) Their children.
(c) Their social standing.
(d) Battle itself.
5. What is on Kapaneus' shield?
(a) A man armed with a club.
(b) A man armed with a sword.
(c) A man armed with a bow and arrow.
(d) A man armed with a torch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the King of Thebes address in the city?
2. What literary form does the Chorus use to describe the destruction and violation of the city's moral?
3. Who is the young general with an almost feminine beauty but a vicious temper?
4. What is the genre of Seven Against Thebes?
5. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)