|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who urges Eteocles not to "take on the violence of your brother?"
(a) The Chorus.
2. Who is the fourth general the Scout describes as constantly shouting out his war cry and acting almost insane with blood lust?
3. Who persuades his father-in-law to join with him and win the throne of Thebes by force?
4. What is the name of the fire-breathing monster on the 4th general's shield?
5. What are the two plays leading up to "Seven Against Thebes" named?
(a) The Oracle and The Spinx.
(b) Polyneices and Eteocles.
(c) Ismene and Antigone.
(d) Laius and Oedipus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Women see the act of combat as something that causes ___________.
2. How does Eteocles try to calm the Chorus in Part 2?
3. Who is the young general with an almost feminine beauty but a vicious temper?
4. To go against the will of the gods, or to make them angry, is to risk destruction. This is considered the _____ of the play.
5. Who does Eteocles express his disgust with in Part 2 of the play?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)