|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As punishment for his crime, if Laius fathered any children, what would happen to the city of Thebes?
(a) It would be infested.
(b) It would rule all nations.
(c) It would be destroyed.
(d) It would be safe.
2. Who does Eteocles send to face the third general?
3. Eteocles' refusal to respect his agreement with Polyneices indicates his desire to ___________.
(a) Disown his brother.
(b) Anger his brother.
(c) Have world domination.
(d) Possess and control the city.
4. Women see the act of combat as something that causes ___________.
5. Scout describes all of the following, in the beginning of part 3, to Eteocles except:
(a) Which gate each enemy general is set to attack.
(b) Each of the enemy generals.
(c) The type of horses the armies are riding on.
(d) The emblem on the enemy general's shield.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
2. The Chorus of Women represents ___________.
3. The principle contrast in Part 2 represents traditional male and female differences in the thought about __________.
4. The story that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on is part of their background as a ____________.
5. What news does the Scout return to Eteocles with in the beginning of part 3?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)