|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eteocles compare Thebes and its land to?
(a) Their sister.
(b) Their mother.
(c) Their father.
(d) Their brother.
2. Eteocles reaction was so extreme to whom because of his angry determination to save and protect the city?
(a) His army.
(c) The women.
(d) King of Argos.
3. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
4. Who runs on with news that the seven powerful generals of the attacking army have performed a blood sacrifice?
(a) A carpenter.
(b) The Chorus.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) A scout.
5. According to the Chorus, what are the Gods a source of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who represents the way that Eteocles has followed his own will which he honors more than he honors the will of the gods?
2. Laius is regarded as a _______ in the city of Thebes.
3. Eteocles' and Oedipus' story is playing out the curse originally laid on ___________.
4. Who does Eteocle appoint as the last and head general?
5. In the opening of the Background, Laius has kidnapped, assaulted and murdered ______ son?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)