|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
(a) Praising each other.
(b) Growing old together.
(c) Losing contact with each other.
(d) Kill each other.
2. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
3. Who is Jocasta?
(a) Oedipus' sister.
(b) Laius' daughter.
(c) Oedipus' wife.
(d) Polyneices' wife.
4. Eteocles' story and actions echo the story and actions of which other story?
(a) King of Argos.
5. What is an ode?
(a) A poetic metaphor.
(b) A poetic song.
(c) A poetic Euphony.
(d) A poetic foil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prays to the gods to guide and inspire Eteocles' generals to victory?
2. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ him.
3. Who is the King of Thebes at the opening of part 1?
4. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
5. Amphiaraos is all of the following except:
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)