|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eteocles compare Thebes and its land to?
(a) Their sister.
(b) Their brother.
(c) Their father.
(d) Their mother.
2. What imagery does the Chorus use to illustrate the situation of Eteocles and his family?
(a) The waves.
(b) The throne.
(c) The ocean.
(d) A ship.
3. The Chorus briefly gives in to fear and imagines what will happen to the city if what occurs?
(a) The enemy wins.
(b) The enemy loses.
(c) The enemy never shows.
(d) They join the army.
4. The imagery in general represents a basic element of the Greek philosophy of ________.
5. Who is nicknamed "Killer of many?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who represents Eteocles' stubbornness while his shield represents Eteocles' passions?
2. What is the name of Laius' son?
3. "White haired" women, "housewives," and young virgins are all described to be ___________.
4. Who is Jocasta?
5. What is the genre of Seven Against Thebes?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)