|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eteocles pray to in the beginning of part 1?
(b) The Scout.
2. Where does Polyneices go to marry a princess?
(c) The Oracle.
(d) The Spinx.
3. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
4. The theme of the play is based on what two stories?
(a) Laius and Oedipus.
(b) Oedipus and Eteocles.
(c) Eteocles and Polyneices.
(d) Oedipus and Polyneices.
5. Eteocles' refusal to respect his agreement with Polyneices indicates his desire to ___________.
(a) Disown his brother.
(b) Possess and control the city.
(c) Have world domination.
(d) Anger his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Their reports will save me from all traps and deceptions?"
2. What imagery does the Chorus use to illustrate the situation of Eteocles and his family?
3. After Oedipus' death, who rules the city of Thebes?
4. Who represents the voice of reason and faithfulness that Eteocles should have been listening to?
5. What literary form does the Chorus use to describe the destruction and violation of the city's moral?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)