|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As punishment for his crime, if Laius fathered any children, what would happen to the city of Thebes?
(a) It would be destroyed.
(b) It would be safe.
(c) It would rule all nations.
(d) It would be infested.
2. Who does Eteocles accuse of bringing down the city's morale?
(a) The Chorus.
(c) King of Argos.
(d) King of Thebes.
3. Who says, "Their reports will save me from all traps and deceptions?"
(b) The Chorus.
(c) The Fury.
(d) A Scout.
4. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
5. The story that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on is part of their background as a ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary form does the Chorus use to describe the destruction and violation of the city's moral?
2. Who does Eteocles pray to in the beginning of part 1?
3. Eteocles tells the men that the battle has ______.
4. Who does Eteocles express his disgust with in Part 2 of the play?
5. The Chorus uses all of the following likening the destruction and violation of the city to the destruction and violation of a woman except:
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)