|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eteocle appoint as the last and head general?
(a) A blacksmith.
2. Which of the following is not a fear of the women of Thebes?
3. What is a Spinx?
(a) Half-woman, half-goat.
(b) Half-woman, half-lion.
(c) Half-man, half-lion.
(d) Half-man, half-horse.
4. Who does Eteocles send to face Tydeus?
5. What is an ode?
(a) A poetic metaphor.
(b) A poetic Euphony.
(c) A poetic foil.
(d) A poetic song.
Short Answer Questions
1. What imagery does the Chorus use to illustrate the situation of Eteocles and his family?
2. The Chorus briefly gives in to fear and imagines what will happen to the city if what occurs?
3. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
4. Why is Eteocles considered to be an illegal king?
5. Where does Eteocles go to prepare for war?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)