|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the prophet that has foreseen the armies of Argos attacking Thebes soon?
(c) The Fury.
(d) The Oracle.
2. Who does Eteocles call upon to fight to protect the land and the city of Thebes?
(b) The woman.
(c) The children.
(d) The man.
3. Who is "unmoved by the sound of snorting horses?"
4. What does Eteocles compare Thebes and its land to?
(a) Their sister.
(b) Their brother.
(c) Their father.
(d) Their mother.
5. What is on Parthenopaios' shield?
(a) The Oracle.
(b) The Fury.
(c) The Spinx.
(d) The Typhon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does the Scout return to Eteocles with in the beginning of part 3?
2. Eteocles and the Chorus express themselves through which literary element?
3. Who is the goddess of justice?
4. Who does Eteocles send to face the third general?
5. Imagery throughout the play is based on ________.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)