|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an ode?
(a) A poetic song.
(b) A poetic metaphor.
(c) A poetic foil.
(d) A poetic Euphony.
2. Who urges Eteocles not to "take on the violence of your brother?"
(b) The Chorus.
3. Who is "unmoved by the sound of snorting horses?"
4. Who says, "When they are brave, they are insolent and intolerable, and when they are frightened, they are rash and dangerous?"
(a) Eteocles' soldiers.
(d) The Chorus.
5. Who does Eteocles send to face Tydeus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eteocles pray to in the beginning of part 1?
2. Plays in ancient Greece are produced as part of what type of ceremony?
3. Who runs on with news that the seven powerful generals of the attacking army have performed a blood sacrifice?
4. What symbol is on Amphiaraos' shield?
5. Who persuades his father-in-law to join with him and win the throne of Thebes by force?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)