|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Oedipus' death, who rules the city of Thebes?
2. Eteocles and the Chorus express themselves through which literary element?
3. What does Laius do to baby Oedipus after hearing the Oracle foretell Oedipus' future?
(a) He injured the baby's feet.
(b) He blinded the baby.
(c) He killed the baby.
(d) He cursed the baby.
4. Who is the oldest and more experienced general in Eteocles' army?
5. What is another name for the manifestation of the Curse of Oedipus?
(a) The Oracle.
(b) The Fury.
(c) The Scary.
(d) The Blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who represents the way that Eteocles has followed his own will which he honors more than he honors the will of the gods?
2. To try to escape the will of the gods is considered ___________.
3. In the opening of the Background, Laius has kidnapped, assaulted and murdered ______ son?
4. Who urges Eteocles not to "take on the violence of your brother?"
5. What is the setting of the play?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)