|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Plays in ancient Greece are produced as part of what type of ceremony?
(a) A eulogy.
(b) A religious festival.
(c) A pilgrimage.
(d) An offering.
2. Who is the second general Eteocles sends out?
3. Eteocles' and Oedipus' story is playing out the curse originally laid on ___________.
4. What literary form does the Chorus use to describe the destruction and violation of the city's moral?
5. Eteocles' refusal to respect his agreement with Polyneices indicates his desire to ___________.
(a) Disown his brother.
(b) Have world domination.
(c) Anger his brother.
(d) Possess and control the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs on with news that the seven powerful generals of the attacking army have performed a blood sacrifice?
2. What is another name for the Scout?
3. What imagery does the Chorus use to illustrate the situation of Eteocles and his family?
4. Who is nicknamed "Killer of many?"
5. Why does the Chorus say that they come to the square to pray?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)