|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eteocles reaction was so extreme to whom because of his angry determination to save and protect the city?
(a) The women.
(b) King of Argos.
(c) His army.
2. What imagery does the Chorus use to illustrate the situation of Eteocles and his family?
(a) The waves.
(b) The throne.
(c) A ship.
(d) The ocean.
3. How is Aktor related to Hyperbios?
(a) They are brothers-in-law.
(b) They are sisters.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are brothers.
4. After Oedipus' adopts father is killed, Oedipus seeks revenge and kills _______ .
(c) the King of Argos.
(d) the Oracle of Apollo.
5. Seven Against Thebes is structured in what form?
(d) New Age.
Short Answer Questions
1. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
2. What is the name of a group of individual actors speaking with the thoughts, emotions, and reactions of a single character?
3. What does Laius do to baby Oedipus after hearing the Oracle foretell Oedipus' future?
4. Who does Eteocles send to face Tydeus?
5. Where does Polyneices go to marry a princess?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)