|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To try to escape the will of the gods is considered ___________.
2. Who is "unmoved by the sound of snorting horses?"
3. After Oedipus' adopts father is killed, Oedipus seeks revenge and kills _______ .
(a) the Oracle of Apollo.
(b) the King of Argos.
4. Who is the fourth general the Scout describes as constantly shouting out his war cry and acting almost insane with blood lust?
5. What is a Spinx?
(a) Half-man, half-horse.
(b) Half-woman, half-goat.
(c) Half-woman, half-lion.
(d) Half-man, half-lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles instructs the Chorus to pray for ________ instead of safety?
2. Who runs on with news that the seven powerful generals of the attacking army have performed a blood sacrifice?
3. What does Eteocles accuse the Chorus of being?
4. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
5. When Oedipus' crimes are revealed, what happens to Jocasta?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)