|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eteocles explains that praying is not the problem of the Chorus, but the way they are praying since they are praying for what?
(a) The safety of their husbands.
(b) The safety of Eteocles.
(c) The safety of the children.
(d) The safety of themselves.
2. _______ rescues Oedipus and raises him to adulthood.
(a) A fisherman.
(b) A farmer.
3. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
4. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
5. What type of violation is used to describe women being treated like treasures?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Laius' son?
2. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
3. To go against the will of the gods, or to make them angry, is to risk destruction. This is considered the _____ of the play.
4. What is an ode?
5. As punishment for his crime, if Laius fathered any children, what would happen to the city of Thebes?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)