|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opening of the Background, Laius has kidnapped, assaulted and murdered ______ son?
2. The Chorus formally pray to Zeus and the other gods, asking them _____________.
(a) How should the army fight.
(b) Where they should go if the city is destroyed.
(c) Who is going to be the new king.
(d) Who is going to win the battle.
3. Who does Eteocles accuse of bringing down the city's morale?
(b) The Chorus.
(c) King of Argos.
(d) King of Thebes.
4. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
(a) Their ancestors.
(c) Their parents.
(d) The gods.
5. The Chorus of Women represents ___________.
(a) The army.
(b) The city.
(c) The universe.
(d) The country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
2. What does Eteocles compare Thebes and its land to?
3. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
4. What type of violation is used to describe women being treated like treasures?
5. Who are the group of women of Thebes who rushes on in a panic?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)