|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two plays leading up to "Seven Against Thebes" named?
(a) The Oracle and The Spinx.
(b) Laius and Oedipus.
(c) Polyneices and Eteocles.
(d) Ismene and Antigone.
2. After Oedipus' death, who rules the city of Thebes?
3. The imagery in general represents a basic element of the Greek philosophy of ________.
4. Human beings are metaphorically represented by ________.
(d) The Ocean.
5. Who says, "Their reports will save me from all traps and deceptions?"
(a) The Chorus.
(b) A Scout.
(d) The Fury.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who persuades his father-in-law to join with him and win the throne of Thebes by force?
2. What term does Eteocles and the Chorus use to describe the city of Thebes?
3. Who kills Oedipus' adopted father in the Background section of the play?
4. Eteocles is urged to do what by the scout?
5. _______ rescues Oedipus and raises him to adulthood.
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)