|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The belief system of ancient Greece is that existence depends upon _____, or the will of the gods?
(c) Free will.
2. To go against the will of the gods, or to make them angry, is to risk destruction. This is considered the _____ of the play.
3. Who does Eteocles accuse of bringing down the city's morale?
(b) King of Thebes.
(c) King of Argos.
(d) The Chorus.
4. Eteocles instructs the Chorus to pray for ________ instead of safety?
5. The Chorus briefly gives in to fear and imagines what will happen to the city if what occurs?
(a) The enemy wins.
(b) The enemy never shows.
(c) The enemy loses.
(d) They join the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles' and Oedipus' story is playing out the curse originally laid on ___________.
2. Seven Against Thebes is structured in what form?
3. What type of violation is used to describe women seeing their husbands, sons, and brothers killed?
4. Imagery is used throughout the play to describe the _______ of women.
5. What is a Spinx?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)