|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The story that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on is part of their background as a ____________.
2. When Oedipus' crimes are revealed, what happens to Jocasta?
(a) She commits suicide.
(b) She is murdered.
(c) She becomes ruler of Thebes.
(d) She blinds herself.
3. How many generals does Eteocle plan to appoint to face their enemies?
4. The particular legend of "Seven Against Thebes" resembles what other type of legends?
5. What is the name of the prophet that has foreseen the armies of Argos attacking Thebes soon?
(b) The Oracle.
(d) The Fury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eteocles suggest the Chorus pray about?
2. What literary form does the Chorus use to describe the destruction and violation of the city's moral?
3. Eteocles explains that praying is not the problem of the Chorus, but the way they are praying since they are praying for what?
4. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
5. The theme of the play is based on what two stories?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)