|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Spinx?
(a) Half-woman, half-lion.
(b) Half-woman, half-goat.
(c) Half-man, half-lion.
(d) Half-man, half-horse.
2. After Oedipus' adopts father is killed, Oedipus seeks revenge and kills _______ .
(a) the Oracle of Apollo.
(c) the King of Argos.
3. Who punishes Laius for kidnapping and murdering his friend's son?
(a) The Spinx.
(b) The Oracle of Apollo.
(c) King of Thebes.
(d) King of Argos.
4. What type of violation is used to describe women being treated like treasures?
5. Who does Eteocles pray to in the beginning of part 1?
(c) The Scout.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ his mother.
2. The Chorus briefly gives in to fear and imagines what will happen to the city if what occurs?
3. The belief system of ancient Greece is that existence depends upon _____, or the will of the gods?
4. Men see the act of combat as _________.
5. Any citizen in the _____ would know the story, or myth, that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)