|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Plays in ancient Greece are produced as part of what type of ceremony?
(a) A religious festival.
(b) A eulogy.
(c) An offering.
(d) A pilgrimage.
2. Men see the act of combat as _________.
3. Who does Eteocles call upon to fight to protect the land and the city of Thebes?
(a) The man.
(c) The woman.
(d) The children.
4. The theme of the play is based on what two stories?
(a) Oedipus and Polyneices.
(b) Laius and Oedipus.
(c) Eteocles and Polyneices.
(d) Oedipus and Eteocles.
5. Eteocles and the Chorus express themselves through which literary element?
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles' and Oedipus' story is playing out the curse originally laid on ___________.
2. The story that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on is part of their background as a ____________.
3. Who does Eteocle appoint as the last and head general?
4. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
5. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)