|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
(a) Social life.
(b) Private life.
(c) Cultural life.
(d) Religious life.
2. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
(a) Their ancestors.
(b) The gods.
(d) Their parents.
3. The imagery in general represents a basic element of the Greek philosophy of ________.
4. Who runs on with news that the seven powerful generals of the attacking army have performed a blood sacrifice?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) A carpenter.
(c) A scout.
(d) A blacksmith.
5. What are the two plays leading up to "Seven Against Thebes" named?
(a) Ismene and Antigone.
(b) Polyneices and Eteocles.
(c) Laius and Oedipus.
(d) The Oracle and The Spinx.
Short Answer Questions
1. The principle contrast in Part 2 is between what two objects?
2. What literary form does the Chorus use to describe the destruction and violation of the city's moral?
3. Why does the Chorus say that they come to the square to pray?
4. Which of the following is not a fear of the women of Thebes?
5. What is another name for the manifestation of the Curse of Oedipus?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)