|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To try to escape the will of the gods is considered ___________.
2. Who does Eteocles express his disgust with in Part 2 of the play?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) His army.
(c) King of Argos.
3. Eteocles is urged to do what by the scout?
(a) Prepare to defend the city.
(b) Run away.
(c) Go hide.
(d) Demolish the city.
4. Eteocles' story and actions echo the story and actions of which other story?
(b) King of Argos.
5. Who does Eteocles call upon to fight to protect the land and the city of Thebes?
(a) The man.
(b) The woman.
(d) The children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Imagery is used throughout the play to describe the _______ of women.
2. What is another name for the manifestation of the Curse of Oedipus?
3. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
4. What does Laius do to baby Oedipus after hearing the Oracle foretell Oedipus' future?
5. What is a Spinx?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)