|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eteocles is urged to do what by the scout?
(a) Demolish the city.
(b) Run away.
(c) Prepare to defend the city.
(d) Go hide.
2. Who persuades his father-in-law to join with him and win the throne of Thebes by force?
3. The Chorus of Women represents ___________.
(a) The country.
(b) The city.
(c) The army.
(d) The universe.
4. Plays based on Greek legend tend to be very _____.
5. Where does Eteocles go to prepare for war?
(a) The caves.
(b) Council Chambers.
(d) The meadow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Any citizen in the _____ would know the story, or myth, that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on.
2. What does Eteocles compare Thebes and its land to?
3. To go against the will of the gods, or to make them angry, is to risk destruction. This is considered the _____ of the play.
4. The will of the gods are metaphorically represented by _________.
5. Human beings are metaphorically represented by ________.
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)