|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chorus do when they hear the sounds of attack from outside the walls?
(a) They run away.
(b) They panic.
(c) They go tell Eteocles.
(d) They hide their children.
2. The Chorus uses all of the following likening the destruction and violation of the city to the destruction and violation of a woman except:
3. Who conspires to kill Oedipus at the end of the Background section?
(a) King of Argos.
(b) Eteocles and Polyneices.
(c) The Spinx.
4. "White haired" women, "housewives," and young virgins are all described to be ___________.
(a) Equal victims.
(b) Equal criminals.
(c) Equal beings.
(d) Equal culprits.
5. What is the name of Laius' son?
(d) Antigone .
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles tells the men that the battle has ______.
2. Who does Eteocle appoint as the last and head general?
3. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
4. Imagery is used throughout the play to describe the _______ of women.
5. Seven Against Thebes is structured in what form?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)