|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Oedipus' crimes are revealed, what happens to Jocasta?
(a) She is murdered.
(b) She commits suicide.
(c) She becomes ruler of Thebes.
(d) She blinds herself.
2. The Chorus uses all of the following likening the destruction and violation of the city to the destruction and violation of a woman except:
3. To try to escape the will of the gods is considered ___________.
4. "White haired" women, "housewives," and young virgins are all described to be ___________.
(a) Equal culprits.
(b) Equal beings.
(c) Equal victims.
(d) Equal criminals.
5. Women see the act of combat as something that causes ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus formally pray to Zeus and the other gods, asking them _____________.
2. Human beings are metaphorically represented by ________.
3. Who runs on with news that the seven powerful generals of the attacking army have performed a blood sacrifice?
4. The belief system of ancient Greece is that existence depends upon _____, or the will of the gods?
5. Who are the group of women of Thebes who rushes on in a panic?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)