|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Plays in ancient Greece are produced as part of what type of ceremony?
(a) A pilgrimage.
(b) An offering.
(c) A eulogy.
(d) A religious festival.
2. What does Eteocles compare his position to?
(a) A Captain of a ship.
(b) A Master.
(c) A ring leader.
(d) A soldier.
3. The principle contrast in Part 2 represents traditional male and female differences in the thought about __________.
4. What does Eteocles accuse the Chorus of being?
5. Traditionally, males are more concerned with _______.
(b) Battle itself.
(c) Their social standing.
(d) Their children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles tells the men that the battle has ______.
2. Women see the act of combat as something that causes ___________.
3. Eteocles instructs the Chorus to pray for ________ instead of safety?
4. To go against the will of the gods, or to make them angry, is to risk destruction. This is considered the _____ of the play.
5. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)