|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laius do to baby Oedipus after hearing the Oracle foretell Oedipus' future?
(a) He killed the baby.
(b) He cursed the baby.
(c) He injured the baby's feet.
(d) He blinded the baby.
2. What type of violation is used to describe women seeing their husbands, sons, and brothers killed?
3. Because of Eteocles' suggestion of what the Chorus should pray about, they begin to pray about what?
(a) That the war will end before the walls are penetrated.
(b) That the war will be faught away from the walls.
(c) That they will die before the walls are penetrated.
(d) That they will escape before the walls are penetrated.
4. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
5. Women see the act of combat as something that causes ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of the play?
2. Plays in ancient Greece are produced as part of what type of ceremony?
3. According to the Chorus, what are the Gods a source of?
4. What type of violation is used to describe women being treated like treasures?
5. Eteocles and the Chorus express themselves through which literary element?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)