|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Chorus, what are the Gods a source of?
2. In the opening of the Background, Laius has kidnapped, assaulted and murdered ______ son?
3. The Chorus of Women represents ___________.
(a) The country.
(b) The army.
(c) The universe.
(d) The city.
4. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ his mother.
5. The Chorus uses all of the following likening the destruction and violation of the city to the destruction and violation of a woman except:
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Gates of Thebes are there?
2. Eteocles' refusal to respect his agreement with Polyneices indicates his desire to ___________.
3. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
4. At the end of the first year, what does Eteocles refused to do?
5. The principle contrast in Part 2 represents traditional male and female differences in the thought about __________.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)