|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
2. What does Eteocles compare his position to?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A Captain of a ship.
(c) A Master.
(d) A ring leader.
3. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
4. What is another name for the manifestation of the Curse of Oedipus?
(a) The Fury.
(b) The Blind.
(c) The Scary.
(d) The Oracle.
5. What is the genre of Seven Against Thebes?
Short Answer Questions
1. To go against the will of the gods, or to make them angry, is to risk destruction. This is considered the _____ of the play.
2. The image of Thebes is of a ________.
3. Who are the group of women of Thebes who rushes on in a panic?
4. The Chorus uses all of the following likening the destruction and violation of the city to the destruction and violation of a woman except:
5. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)