|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The particular legend of "Seven Against Thebes" resembles what other type of legends?
2. Plays based on Greek legend tend to be very _____.
3. As punishment for his crime, if Laius fathered any children, what would happen to the city of Thebes?
(a) It would be destroyed.
(b) It would rule all nations.
(c) It would be infested.
(d) It would be safe.
4. What is a Spinx?
(a) Half-man, half-horse.
(b) Half-man, half-lion.
(c) Half-woman, half-goat.
(d) Half-woman, half-lion.
5. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
(a) Social life.
(b) Private life.
(c) Cultural life.
(d) Religious life.
Short Answer Questions
1. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
2. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
3. "White haired" women, "housewives," and young virgins are all described to be ___________.
4. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
5. To try to escape the will of the gods is considered ___________.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)