|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ his mother.
2. Eteocles' story and actions echo the story and actions of which other story?
(d) King of Argos.
3. Laius is regarded as a _______ in the city of Thebes.
4. What is another name for the manifestation of the Curse of Oedipus?
(a) The Oracle.
(b) The Scary.
(c) The Blind.
(d) The Fury.
5. What are the two plays leading up to "Seven Against Thebes" named?
(a) Ismene and Antigone.
(b) Laius and Oedipus.
(c) Polyneices and Eteocles.
(d) The Oracle and The Spinx.
Short Answer Questions
1. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
2. Who does Eteocles pray to in the beginning of part 1?
3. Who are the group of women of Thebes who rushes on in a panic?
4. What is the name of a group of individual actors speaking with the thoughts, emotions, and reactions of a single character?
5. What type of violation is used to describe women seeing their husbands, sons, and brothers killed?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)