|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who punishes Laius for kidnapping and murdering his friend's son?
(a) King of Argos.
(b) The Oracle of Apollo.
(c) King of Thebes.
(d) The Spinx.
2. _______ rescues Oedipus and raises him to adulthood.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A fisherman.
3. What is the original language of the play "Seven Against Thebes?"
4. Because of Eteocles' suggestion of what the Chorus should pray about, they begin to pray about what?
(a) That they will die before the walls are penetrated.
(b) That the war will be faught away from the walls.
(c) That the war will end before the walls are penetrated.
(d) That they will escape before the walls are penetrated.
5. Men see the act of combat as _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus briefly gives in to fear and imagines what will happen to the city if what occurs?
2. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
3. Who are the group of women of Thebes who rushes on in a panic?
4. Who does Eteocles express his disgust with in Part 2 of the play?
5. To try to escape the will of the gods is considered ___________.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)