|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the genre of Seven Against Thebes?
2. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
3. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
(a) Kill each other.
(b) Losing contact with each other.
(c) Growing old together.
(d) Praising each other.
4. What does Laius do to baby Oedipus after hearing the Oracle foretell Oedipus' future?
(a) He injured the baby's feet.
(b) He killed the baby.
(c) He blinded the baby.
(d) He cursed the baby.
5. The Chorus of Women represents ___________.
(a) The country.
(b) The army.
(c) The city.
(d) The universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Spinx?
2. The image of Thebes is considered the ______ of its citizens.
3. Eteocles is urged to do what by the scout?
4. The story that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on is part of their background as a ____________.
5. Women see the act of combat as something that causes ___________.
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)