|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who conspires to kill Oedipus at the end of the Background section?
(b) King of Argos.
(c) Eteocles and Polyneices.
(d) The Spinx.
2. Seven Against Thebes is structured in what form?
(c) New Age.
3. The Chorus of Women represents ___________.
(a) The universe.
(b) The city.
(c) The country.
(d) The army.
4. Who runs on with news that the seven powerful generals of the attacking army have performed a blood sacrifice?
(a) A scout.
(b) A carpenter.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) The Chorus.
5. What is the name of a group of individual actors speaking with the thoughts, emotions, and reactions of a single character?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) The Messenger.
(c) The Joker.
(d) The Scout.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eteocle appoint as the last and head general?
2. Eteocles' story and actions echo the story and actions of which other story?
3. What is the original language of the play "Seven Against Thebes?"
4. What type of violation is used to describe women being treated like treasures?
5. To try to escape the will of the gods is considered ___________.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)