|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Their reports will save me from all traps and deceptions?"
(b) The Fury.
(c) A Scout.
(d) The Chorus.
2. Human beings are metaphorically represented by ________.
(d) The Ocean.
3. Where does Polyneices go to marry a princess?
(b) The Spinx.
(c) The Oracle.
4. Who kills Oedipus' adopted father in the Background section of the play?
5. The play "Seven Agaist Thebes" is the third in a _______ of plays.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Spinx?
2. Why is Eteocles considered to be an illegal king?
3. Who are the group of women of Thebes who rushes on in a panic?
4. How many Gates of Thebes are there?
5. The imagery in general represents a basic element of the Greek philosophy of ________.
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)