|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Oedipus' adopts father is killed, Oedipus seeks revenge and kills _______ .
(c) the Oracle of Apollo.
(d) the King of Argos.
2. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
3. Who persuades his father-in-law to join with him and win the throne of Thebes by force?
4. Where does Polyneices go to marry a princess?
(b) The Spinx.
(d) The Oracle.
5. At the end of the first year, what does Eteocles refused to do?
(a) Fight the war.
(b) Give up the throne.
(c) Find a wife.
(d) Feed the hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Oedipus' adopted father in the Background section of the play?
2. What type of violation is used to describe women being treated like treasures?
3. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
4. Who does the King of Thebes address in the city?
5. Eteocles tells the men that the battle has ______.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)