|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the group of women of Thebes who rushes on in a panic?
(a) The Singers.
(b) The Farmers.
(c) The Messenger.
(d) The Chorus.
2. Any citizen in the _____ would know the story, or myth, that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on.
3. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
(a) Growing old together.
(b) Kill each other.
(c) Losing contact with each other.
(d) Praising each other.
4. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
(a) Provide for their family.
(c) Raise children.
5. The imagery in general represents a basic element of the Greek philosophy of ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Seven Against Thebes is structured in what form?
2. Who does Eteocles pray to in the beginning of part 1?
3. Who persuades his father-in-law to join with him and win the throne of Thebes by force?
4. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ his mother.
5. Imagery is used throughout the play to describe the _______ of women.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)