|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jocasta?
(a) Oedipus' sister.
(b) Oedipus' wife.
(c) Polyneices' wife.
(d) Laius' daughter.
2. Who kills Oedipus' adopted father in the Background section of the play?
3. At the end of the first year, what does Eteocles refused to do?
(a) Find a wife.
(b) Fight the war.
(c) Give up the throne.
(d) Feed the hungry.
4. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
(a) Growing old together.
(b) Kill each other.
(c) Praising each other.
(d) Losing contact with each other.
5. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
(a) Cultural life.
(b) Private life.
(c) Social life.
(d) Religious life.
Short Answer Questions
1. The belief system of ancient Greece is that existence depends upon _____, or the will of the gods?
2. What does Eteocles compare his position to?
3. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
4. What are the two plays leading up to "Seven Against Thebes" named?
5. As punishment for his crime, if Laius fathered any children, what would happen to the city of Thebes?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)