|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the King of Thebes address in the city?
(a) Working citizens.
(b) Male citizens.
(c) All citizens.
(d) Women citizens.
2. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
(a) Praising each other.
(b) Growing old together.
(c) Losing contact with each other.
(d) Kill each other.
3. Whose appearance and description of the armies is a typical device of classical Greek theatre?
(a) The blacksmith.
(b) The king.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The Scout.
4. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
5. The particular legend of "Seven Against Thebes" resembles what other type of legends?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who persuades his father-in-law to join with him and win the throne of Thebes by force?
2. The image of Thebes is of a ________.
3. Eteocles is urged to do what by the scout?
4. At the end of the first year, what does Eteocles refused to do?
5. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)