|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Plays in ancient Greece are produced as part of what type of ceremony?
(a) An offering.
(b) A eulogy.
(c) A religious festival.
(d) A pilgrimage.
2. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
3. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
(a) Losing contact with each other.
(b) Growing old together.
(c) Kill each other.
(d) Praising each other.
4. What is the original language of the play "Seven Against Thebes?"
5. The image of Thebes is considered the ______ of its citizens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
2. Who persuades his father-in-law to join with him and win the throne of Thebes by force?
3. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
4. The play "Seven Agaist Thebes" is the third in a _______ of plays.
5. Who are the group of women of Thebes who rushes on in a panic?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)