|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
(a) Private life.
(b) Social life.
(c) Religious life.
(d) Cultural life.
2. What is another name for the manifestation of the Curse of Oedipus?
(a) The Fury.
(b) The Oracle.
(c) The Blind.
(d) The Scary.
3. Laius is regarded as a _______ in the city of Thebes.
4. Eteocles is urged to do what by the scout?
(a) Go hide.
(b) Prepare to defend the city.
(c) Demolish the city.
(d) Run away.
5. How many Gates of Thebes are there?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who conspires to kill Oedipus at the end of the Background section?
2. Where does Eteocles go to prepare for war?
3. What is the setting of the play?
4. Who does the King of Thebes address in the city?
5. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)