|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
(a) The gods.
(c) Their ancestors.
(d) Their parents.
2. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
(a) Kill each other.
(b) Growing old together.
(c) Praising each other.
(d) Losing contact with each other.
3. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
4. How many Gates of Thebes are there?
5. In the opening of the Background, Laius has kidnapped, assaulted and murdered ______ son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of violation is used to describe women being treated like treasures?
2. To go against the will of the gods, or to make them angry, is to risk destruction. This is considered the _____ of the play.
3. What is the name of a group of individual actors speaking with the thoughts, emotions, and reactions of a single character?
4. As punishment for his crime, if Laius fathered any children, what would happen to the city of Thebes?
5. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)