|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of the play?
2. Seven Against Thebes is structured in what form?
(b) New Age.
3. What is a Spinx?
(a) Half-woman, half-goat.
(b) Half-man, half-lion.
(c) Half-woman, half-lion.
(d) Half-man, half-horse.
4. The image of Thebes is of a ________.
5. Who is Jocasta?
(a) Oedipus' wife.
(b) Polyneices' wife.
(c) Oedipus' sister.
(d) Laius' daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose appearance and description of the armies is a typical device of classical Greek theatre?
2. What does Eteocles compare Thebes and its land to?
3. Plays based on Greek legend tend to be very _____.
4. Who are the group of women of Thebes who rushes on in a panic?
5. What is the genre of Seven Against Thebes?
This section contains 145 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)