|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eteocles call upon to fight to protect the land and the city of Thebes?
(b) The man.
(c) The woman.
(d) The children.
2. Who is the King of Thebes at the opening of part 1?
3. To go against the will of the gods, or to make them angry, is to risk destruction. This is considered the _____ of the play.
4. Who persuades his father-in-law to join with him and win the throne of Thebes by force?
5. After Oedipus' death, who rules the city of Thebes?
Short Answer Questions
1. The will of the gods are metaphorically represented by _________.
2. The particular legend of "Seven Against Thebes" resembles what other type of legends?
3. Seven Against Thebes is structured in what form?
4. What does Laius do to baby Oedipus after hearing the Oracle foretell Oedipus' future?
5. At the end of the first year, what does Eteocles refused to do?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)