|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who persuades his father-in-law to join with him and win the throne of Thebes by force?
2. Who says, "Their reports will save me from all traps and deceptions?"
(a) A Scout.
(b) The Fury.
(d) The Chorus.
3. At the end of the first year, what does Eteocles refused to do?
(a) Find a wife.
(b) Fight the war.
(c) Feed the hungry.
(d) Give up the throne.
4. In the opening of the Background, Laius has kidnapped, assaulted and murdered ______ son?
5. Whose appearance and description of the armies is a typical device of classical Greek theatre?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) The king.
(c) The Scout.
(d) The blacksmith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
2. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
3. The imagery in general represents a basic element of the Greek philosophy of ________.
4. Which of the following is not a fear of the women of Thebes?
5. What is a Spinx?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)