|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
(a) Their ancestors.
(c) The gods.
(d) Their parents.
2. Where does Eteocles go to prepare for war?
(a) The meadow.
(b) Council Chambers.
(c) The caves.
3. The story that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on is part of their background as a ____________.
4. Who persuades his father-in-law to join with him and win the throne of Thebes by force?
5. The belief system of ancient Greece is that existence depends upon _____, or the will of the gods?
(b) Free will.
Short Answer Questions
1. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
2. Who is Jocasta?
3. Who is the King of Thebes at the opening of part 1?
4. Laius is regarded as a _______ in the city of Thebes.
5. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ him.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)