|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Eteocles go to prepare for war?
(b) Council Chambers.
(c) The caves.
(d) The meadow.
2. What type of violation is used to describe women seeing their husbands, sons, and brothers killed?
3. After Oedipus' adopts father is killed, Oedipus seeks revenge and kills _______ .
(a) the King of Argos.
(c) the Oracle of Apollo.
4. _______ rescues Oedipus and raises him to adulthood.
(b) A fisherman.
(c) A farmer.
5. The will of the gods are metaphorically represented by _________.
(a) The Land.
(b) The Earth.
(c) The Ocean.
(d) The Sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the genre of Seven Against Thebes?
2. The belief system of ancient Greece is that existence depends upon _____, or the will of the gods?
3. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
4. What is another name for the manifestation of the Curse of Oedipus?
5. Who does Eteocles call upon to fight to protect the land and the city of Thebes?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)