|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two plays leading up to "Seven Against Thebes" named?
(a) Ismene and Antigone.
(b) Polyneices and Eteocles.
(c) The Oracle and The Spinx.
(d) Laius and Oedipus.
2. Why is Eteocles considered to be an illegal king?
(a) He is not married.
(b) He broke his agreement with his brother.
(c) He is not originally from Thebes.
(d) He is not old enough to be king.
3. The will of the gods are metaphorically represented by _________.
(a) The Ocean.
(b) The Earth.
(c) The Land.
(d) The Sky.
4. What is a Spinx?
(a) Half-man, half-horse.
(b) Half-woman, half-lion.
(c) Half-woman, half-goat.
(d) Half-man, half-lion.
5. _______ rescues Oedipus and raises him to adulthood.
(a) A farmer.
(b) A fisherman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
2. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
3. What is the original language of the play "Seven Against Thebes?"
4. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
5. Laius is regarded as a _______ in the city of Thebes.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)