|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Human beings are metaphorically represented by ________.
(d) The Ocean.
2. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
(a) Losing contact with each other.
(b) Growing old together.
(c) Kill each other.
(d) Praising each other.
3. What is another name for the manifestation of the Curse of Oedipus?
(a) The Scary.
(b) The Oracle.
(c) The Blind.
(d) The Fury.
4. Imagery throughout the play is based on ________.
(a) Jungle and Tigers.
(b) Sand and Mountains.
(c) Ships and the Sea.
(d) Clouds and Birds.
5. How many Gates of Thebes are there?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus of Women represents ___________.
2. Who runs on with news that the seven powerful generals of the attacking army have performed a blood sacrifice?
3. When Oedipus' crimes are revealed, what happens to Jocasta?
4. What is the genre of Seven Against Thebes?
5. The image of Thebes is considered the ______ of its citizens.
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)