|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eteocles call upon to fight to protect the land and the city of Thebes?
(a) The man.
(b) The woman.
(c) The children.
2. How many Gates of Thebes are there?
3. Who persuades his father-in-law to join with him and win the throne of Thebes by force?
4. Who says, "Their reports will save me from all traps and deceptions?"
(a) The Fury.
(c) A Scout.
(d) The Chorus.
5. Who conspires to kill Oedipus at the end of the Background section?
(b) King of Argos.
(c) Eteocles and Polyneices.
(d) The Spinx.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the genre of Seven Against Thebes?
2. The image of Thebes is of a ________.
3. What is the name of Laius' son?
4. After Oedipus' adopts father is killed, Oedipus seeks revenge and kills _______ .
5. Where does Eteocles go to prepare for war?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)