|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
(a) Cultural life.
(b) Social life.
(c) Private life.
(d) Religious life.
2. When Oedipus' crimes are revealed, what happens to Jocasta?
(a) She commits suicide.
(b) She becomes ruler of Thebes.
(c) She blinds herself.
(d) She is murdered.
3. After Oedipus' death, who rules the city of Thebes?
4. _______ rescues Oedipus and raises him to adulthood.
(b) A fisherman.
(c) A farmer.
5. The imagery in general represents a basic element of the Greek philosophy of ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
2. Imagery is used throughout the play to describe the _______ of women.
3. What does Eteocles compare his position to?
4. Who is the King of Thebes at the opening of part 1?
5. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)