|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laius do to baby Oedipus after hearing the Oracle foretell Oedipus' future?
(a) He killed the baby.
(b) He injured the baby's feet.
(c) He blinded the baby.
(d) He cursed the baby.
2. What type of violation is used to describe women being treated like treasures?
3. Who are the group of women of Thebes who rushes on in a panic?
(a) The Farmers.
(b) The Messenger.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The Singers.
4. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ his mother.
5. Who kills Oedipus' adopted father in the Background section of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Human beings are metaphorically represented by ________.
2. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
3. The Chorus refers to the attacks against the city of Thebes as _______.
4. The will of the gods are metaphorically represented by _________.
5. The play "Seven Agaist Thebes" is the third in a _______ of plays.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)