|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Laius' son?
(b) Antigone .
2. After Oedipus' adopts father is killed, Oedipus seeks revenge and kills _______ .
(b) the King of Argos.
(c) the Oracle of Apollo.
3. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
4. The image of Thebes is considered the ______ of its citizens.
5. The imagery in general represents a basic element of the Greek philosophy of ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who persuades his father-in-law to join with him and win the throne of Thebes by force?
2. Why is Eteocles considered to be an illegal king?
3. Who does the King of Thebes address in the city?
4. Who punishes Laius for kidnapping and murdering his friend's son?
5. At the end of the first year, what does Eteocles refused to do?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)