|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two plays leading up to "Seven Against Thebes" named?
(a) Ismene and Antigone.
(b) The Oracle and The Spinx.
(c) Polyneices and Eteocles.
(d) Laius and Oedipus.
2. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
3. What does Eteocles compare Thebes and its land to?
(a) Their mother.
(b) Their father.
(c) Their brother.
(d) Their sister.
4. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
5. Plays based on Greek legend tend to be very _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the original language of the play "Seven Against Thebes?"
2. Where does Eteocles go to prepare for war?
3. The will of the gods are metaphorically represented by _________.
4. Who says, "Their reports will save me from all traps and deceptions?"
5. Eteocles tells the men that the battle has ______.
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)