|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The will of the gods are metaphorically represented by _________.
(a) The Earth.
(b) The Sky.
(c) The Ocean.
(d) The Land.
2. Plays based on Greek legend tend to be very _____.
3. Who runs on with news that the seven powerful generals of the attacking army have performed a blood sacrifice?
(a) A scout.
(b) A blacksmith.
(c) A carpenter.
(d) The Chorus.
4. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
5. What is another name for the Scout?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Oedipus' adopted father in the Background section of the play?
2. The particular legend of "Seven Against Thebes" resembles what other type of legends?
3. Where does Eteocles go to prepare for war?
4. What is the name of a group of individual actors speaking with the thoughts, emotions, and reactions of a single character?
5. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)