|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eteocles call upon to fight to protect the land and the city of Thebes?
(a) The man.
(c) The children.
(d) The woman.
2. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
(a) Social life.
(b) Private life.
(c) Religious life.
(d) Cultural life.
3. The particular legend of "Seven Against Thebes" resembles what other type of legends?
4. Whose appearance and description of the armies is a typical device of classical Greek theatre?
(a) The Scout.
(b) The Chorus.
(c) The king.
(d) The blacksmith.
5. Who kills Oedipus' adopted father in the Background section of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the original language of the play "Seven Against Thebes?"
2. Where does Eteocles go to prepare for war?
3. After Oedipus' death, who rules the city of Thebes?
4. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ him.
5. Who are the group of women of Thebes who rushes on in a panic?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)