|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of the play?
2. The image of Thebes is considered the ______ of its citizens.
3. The particular legend of "Seven Against Thebes" resembles what other type of legends?
4. The Chorus of Women represents ___________.
(a) The army.
(b) The country.
(c) The universe.
(d) The city.
5. Who does the King of Thebes address in the city?
(a) Women citizens.
(b) Working citizens.
(c) All citizens.
(d) Male citizens.
Short Answer Questions
1. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
2. At the end of the first year, what does Eteocles refused to do?
3. What is the original language of the play "Seven Against Thebes?"
4. What is the name of a group of individual actors speaking with the thoughts, emotions, and reactions of a single character?
5. In the opening of the Background, Laius has kidnapped, assaulted and murdered ______ son?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)