|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus refers to the attacks against the city of Thebes as _______.
2. Human beings are metaphorically represented by ________.
(c) The Ocean.
3. The imagery in general represents a basic element of the Greek philosophy of ________.
4. What does Eteocles compare his position to?
(a) A ring leader.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A Master.
(d) A Captain of a ship.
5. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
(a) Social life.
(b) Religious life.
(c) Cultural life.
(d) Private life.
Short Answer Questions
1. The particular legend of "Seven Against Thebes" resembles what other type of legends?
2. What does Eteocles compare Thebes and its land to?
3. As punishment for his crime, if Laius fathered any children, what would happen to the city of Thebes?
4. The story that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on is part of their background as a ____________.
5. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ his mother.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)