|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the genre of Seven Against Thebes?
2. Who is Jocasta?
(a) Oedipus' wife.
(b) Oedipus' sister.
(c) Polyneices' wife.
(d) Laius' daughter.
3. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
4. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
(b) Provide for their family.
(c) Raise children.
5. The particular legend of "Seven Against Thebes" resembles what other type of legends?
Short Answer Questions
1. The belief system of ancient Greece is that existence depends upon _____, or the will of the gods?
2. Imagery throughout the play is based on ________.
3. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
4. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
5. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ him.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)