|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the genre of Seven Against Thebes?
2. What is the name of Laius' son?
(d) Antigone .
3. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
(a) Their ancestors.
(b) Their parents.
(c) The gods.
4. What is a Spinx?
(a) Half-woman, half-goat.
(b) Half-man, half-lion.
(c) Half-woman, half-lion.
(d) Half-man, half-horse.
5. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
2. To go against the will of the gods, or to make them angry, is to risk destruction. This is considered the _____ of the play.
3. As punishment for his crime, if Laius fathered any children, what would happen to the city of Thebes?
4. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
5. The image of Thebes is of a ________.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)