|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The story that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on is part of their background as a ____________.
2. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ his mother.
3. Who punishes Laius for kidnapping and murdering his friend's son?
(a) King of Argos.
(b) The Spinx.
(c) King of Thebes.
(d) The Oracle of Apollo.
4. Eteocles tells the men that the battle has ______.
(a) Is over.
(b) Gone badly.
(c) Hasn't started.
(d) Gone well.
5. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
Short Answer Questions
1. Human beings are metaphorically represented by ________.
2. Seven Against Thebes is structured in what form?
3. As punishment for his crime, if Laius fathered any children, what would happen to the city of Thebes?
4. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
5. Who does Eteocles pray to in the beginning of part 1?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)