|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Their reports will save me from all traps and deceptions?"
(a) The Chorus.
(b) A Scout.
(c) The Fury.
2. The belief system of ancient Greece is that existence depends upon _____, or the will of the gods?
(b) Free will.
3. What is another name for the Scout?
4. What is the setting of the play?
5. Who are the group of women of Thebes who rushes on in a panic?
(a) The Singers.
(b) The Messenger.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The Farmers.
Short Answer Questions
1. As punishment for his crime, if Laius fathered any children, what would happen to the city of Thebes?
2. The play "Seven Agaist Thebes" is the third in a _______ of plays.
3. Why is Eteocles considered to be an illegal king?
4. What is a Spinx?
5. In the opening of the Background, Laius has kidnapped, assaulted and murdered ______ son?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)