|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose appearance and description of the armies is a typical device of classical Greek theatre?
(a) The Scout.
(b) The Chorus.
(c) The blacksmith.
(d) The king.
2. _______ rescues Oedipus and raises him to adulthood.
(a) A farmer.
(b) A fisherman.
3. The imagery in general represents a basic element of the Greek philosophy of ________.
4. What does Laius do to baby Oedipus after hearing the Oracle foretell Oedipus' future?
(a) He blinded the baby.
(b) He injured the baby's feet.
(c) He killed the baby.
(d) He cursed the baby.
5. What does Eteocles compare his position to?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A Captain of a ship.
(c) A Master.
(d) A ring leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs on with news that the seven powerful generals of the attacking army have performed a blood sacrifice?
2. Who are the group of women of Thebes who rushes on in a panic?
3. The Chorus of Women represents ___________.
4. Who conspires to kill Oedipus at the end of the Background section?
5. The will of the gods are metaphorically represented by _________.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)