|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The will of the gods are metaphorically represented by _________.
(a) The Ocean.
(b) The Land.
(c) The Sky.
(d) The Earth.
2. What type of violation is used to describe women seeing their husbands, sons, and brothers killed?
3. Eteocles is urged to do what by the scout?
(a) Demolish the city.
(b) Prepare to defend the city.
(c) Go hide.
(d) Run away.
4. What is a Spinx?
(a) Half-woman, half-lion.
(b) Half-man, half-lion.
(c) Half-woman, half-goat.
(d) Half-man, half-horse.
5. As punishment for his crime, if Laius fathered any children, what would happen to the city of Thebes?
(a) It would be infested.
(b) It would be safe.
(c) It would rule all nations.
(d) It would be destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of a group of individual actors speaking with the thoughts, emotions, and reactions of a single character?
2. Imagery is used throughout the play to describe the _______ of women.
3. What is the name of the prophet that has foreseen the armies of Argos attacking Thebes soon?
4. The image of Thebes is of a ________.
5. The Chorus of Women represents ___________.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)