|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eteocles call upon to fight to protect the land and the city of Thebes?
(b) The children.
(c) The woman.
(d) The man.
2. Seven Against Thebes is structured in what form?
(d) New Age.
3. Who punishes Laius for kidnapping and murdering his friend's son?
(a) King of Argos.
(b) The Oracle of Apollo.
(c) The Spinx.
(d) King of Thebes.
4. What does Eteocles compare Thebes and its land to?
(a) Their father.
(b) Their brother.
(c) Their mother.
(d) Their sister.
5. After Oedipus' adopts father is killed, Oedipus seeks revenge and kills _______ .
(c) the Oracle of Apollo.
(d) the King of Argos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Eteocles considered to be an illegal king?
2. As punishment for his crime, if Laius fathered any children, what would happen to the city of Thebes?
3. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
4. Where does Eteocles go to prepare for war?
5. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)