|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
2. What is a Spinx?
(a) Half-woman, half-lion.
(b) Half-man, half-lion.
(c) Half-woman, half-goat.
(d) Half-man, half-horse.
3. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
4. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
(a) Losing contact with each other.
(b) Kill each other.
(c) Growing old together.
(d) Praising each other.
5. The story that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on is part of their background as a ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ him.
2. Eteocles is urged to do what by the scout?
3. How many Gates of Thebes are there?
4. What is the setting of the play?
5. The will of the gods are metaphorically represented by _________.
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)