|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Background.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ him.
2. The play "Seven Agaist Thebes" is the third in a _______ of plays.
3. What is the original language of the play "Seven Against Thebes?"
4. What is the name of Laius' son?
(c) Antigone .
5. After Oedipus' death, who rules the city of Thebes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who conspires to kill Oedipus at the end of the Background section?
2. Where does Polyneices go to marry a princess?
3. The story that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on is part of their background as a ____________.
4. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
5. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)