|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Background.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Laius' son?
(c) Antigone .
2. The belief system of ancient Greece is that existence depends upon _____, or the will of the gods?
(d) Free will.
3. The play "Seven Agaist Thebes" is the third in a _______ of plays.
4. Who conspires to kill Oedipus at the end of the Background section?
(b) The Spinx.
(c) King of Argos.
(d) Eteocles and Polyneices.
5. In the opening of the Background, Laius has kidnapped, assaulted and murdered ______ son?
Short Answer Questions
1. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
2. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
3. What are the two plays leading up to "Seven Against Thebes" named?
4. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
5. What is a Spinx?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)