|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Background.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
2. Who persuades his father-in-law to join with him and win the throne of Thebes by force?
3. In the opening of the Background, Laius has kidnapped, assaulted and murdered ______ son?
4. Any citizen in the _____ would know the story, or myth, that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on.
5. The story that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on is part of their background as a ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
2. After Oedipus' adopts father is killed, Oedipus seeks revenge and kills _______ .
3. Plays based on Greek legend tend to be very _____.
4. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
5. At the end of the first year, what does Eteocles refused to do?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)