|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Background.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opening of the Background, Laius has kidnapped, assaulted and murdered ______ son?
2. The belief system of ancient Greece is that existence depends upon _____, or the will of the gods?
(d) Free will.
3. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
4. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
5. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
2. What is the name of Laius' son?
3. What does Laius do to baby Oedipus after hearing the Oracle foretell Oedipus' future?
4. The play "Seven Agaist Thebes" is the third in a _______ of plays.
5. The story that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on is part of their background as a ____________.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)