|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Background.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Any citizen in the _____ would know the story, or myth, that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on.
2. What is the original language of the play "Seven Against Thebes?"
3. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
(b) The gods.
(c) Their ancestors.
(d) Their parents.
4. In the opening of the Background, Laius has kidnapped, assaulted and murdered ______ son?
5. What is a Spinx?
(a) Half-man, half-lion.
(b) Half-woman, half-goat.
(c) Half-man, half-horse.
(d) Half-woman, half-lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
2. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ his mother.
3. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ him.
4. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
5. After Oedipus' death, who rules the city of Thebes?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)