|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Background.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the first year, what does Eteocles refused to do?
(a) Feed the hungry.
(b) Fight the war.
(c) Find a wife.
(d) Give up the throne.
2. Who kills Oedipus' adopted father in the Background section of the play?
3. What does Laius do to baby Oedipus after hearing the Oracle foretell Oedipus' future?
(a) He killed the baby.
(b) He injured the baby's feet.
(c) He blinded the baby.
(d) He cursed the baby.
4. In the opening of the Background, Laius has kidnapped, assaulted and murdered ______ son?
5. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
2. Who conspires to kill Oedipus at the end of the Background section?
3. Who persuades his father-in-law to join with him and win the throne of Thebes by force?
4. Plays in ancient Greece are produced as part of what type of ceremony?
5. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)