|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Background.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Oedipus' crimes are revealed, what happens to Jocasta?
(a) She blinds herself.
(b) She is murdered.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) She becomes ruler of Thebes.
2. What is a Spinx?
(a) Half-woman, half-goat.
(b) Half-man, half-lion.
(c) Half-woman, half-lion.
(d) Half-man, half-horse.
3. In the opening of the Background, Laius has kidnapped, assaulted and murdered ______ son?
4. Who persuades his father-in-law to join with him and win the throne of Thebes by force?
5. The story that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on is part of their background as a ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
2. The particular legend of "Seven Against Thebes" resembles what other type of legends?
3. What is the name of Laius' son?
4. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ his mother.
5. Who is Jocasta?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)