|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Background.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Oedipus' adopted father in the Background section of the play?
2. Who punishes Laius for kidnapping and murdering his friend's son?
(a) King of Thebes.
(b) King of Argos.
(c) The Spinx.
(d) The Oracle of Apollo.
3. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
(a) Losing contact with each other.
(b) Kill each other.
(c) Praising each other.
(d) Growing old together.
4. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
5. In the opening of the Background, Laius has kidnapped, assaulted and murdered ______ son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
2. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
3. Who is Jocasta?
4. Any citizen in the _____ would know the story, or myth, that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on.
5. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)