|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Background.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Laius' son?
(a) Antigone .
2. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
(a) Their ancestors.
(c) The gods.
(d) Their parents.
3. The play "Seven Agaist Thebes" is the third in a _______ of plays.
4. After Oedipus' adopts father is killed, Oedipus seeks revenge and kills _______ .
(c) the Oracle of Apollo.
(d) the King of Argos.
5. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
(a) Praising each other.
(b) Losing contact with each other.
(c) Growing old together.
(d) Kill each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
2. When Oedipus' crimes are revealed, what happens to Jocasta?
3. Plays in ancient Greece are produced as part of what type of ceremony?
4. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ him.
5. The belief system of ancient Greece is that existence depends upon _____, or the will of the gods?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)