|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Background.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Oedipus' crimes are revealed, what happens to Jocasta?
(a) She commits suicide.
(b) She is murdered.
(c) She blinds herself.
(d) She becomes ruler of Thebes.
2. At the end of the first year, what does Eteocles refused to do?
(a) Fight the war.
(b) Feed the hungry.
(c) Find a wife.
(d) Give up the throne.
3. Who is Jocasta?
(a) Oedipus' sister.
(b) Oedipus' wife.
(c) Laius' daughter.
(d) Polyneices' wife.
4. After Oedipus' death, who rules the city of Thebes?
5. The play "Seven Agaist Thebes" is the third in a _______ of plays.
Short Answer Questions
1. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
2. Plays in ancient Greece are produced as part of what type of ceremony?
3. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
4. Who persuades his father-in-law to join with him and win the throne of Thebes by force?
5. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ his mother.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)