|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Background.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The belief system of ancient Greece is that existence depends upon _____, or the will of the gods?
(b) Free will.
2. Who conspires to kill Oedipus at the end of the Background section?
(a) The Spinx.
(b) King of Argos.
(d) Eteocles and Polyneices.
3. What is the name of Laius' son?
(d) Antigone .
4. Who punishes Laius for kidnapping and murdering his friend's son?
(a) King of Argos.
(b) The Spinx.
(c) The Oracle of Apollo.
(d) King of Thebes.
5. The story that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on is part of their background as a ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who persuades his father-in-law to join with him and win the throne of Thebes by force?
2. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
3. After Oedipus' death, who rules the city of Thebes?
4. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
5. When Oedipus' crimes are revealed, what happens to Jocasta?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)