|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Background.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
(a) Praising each other.
(b) Kill each other.
(c) Losing contact with each other.
(d) Growing old together.
2. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
(a) Cultural life.
(b) Social life.
(c) Private life.
(d) Religious life.
3. As punishment for his crime, if Laius fathered any children, what would happen to the city of Thebes?
(a) It would rule all nations.
(b) It would be safe.
(c) It would be destroyed.
(d) It would be infested.
4. Who persuades his father-in-law to join with him and win the throne of Thebes by force?
5. Any citizen in the _____ would know the story, or myth, that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Oedipus' death, who rules the city of Thebes?
2. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ him.
3. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
4. The particular legend of "Seven Against Thebes" resembles what other type of legends?
5. The play "Seven Agaist Thebes" is the third in a _______ of plays.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)