|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Background.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As punishment for his crime, if Laius fathered any children, what would happen to the city of Thebes?
(a) It would be safe.
(b) It would be destroyed.
(c) It would rule all nations.
(d) It would be infested.
2. The play "Seven Agaist Thebes" is the third in a _______ of plays.
3. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
(b) Their parents.
(c) The gods.
(d) Their ancestors.
4. The story that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on is part of their background as a ____________.
5. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
2. Plays in ancient Greece are produced as part of what type of ceremony?
3. Who persuades his father-in-law to join with him and win the throne of Thebes by force?
4. What is the name of Laius' son?
5. Where does Polyneices go to marry a princess?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)