|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Background.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Oedipus' death, who rules the city of Thebes?
2. The play "Seven Agaist Thebes" is the third in a _______ of plays.
3. As punishment for his crime, if Laius fathered any children, what would happen to the city of Thebes?
(a) It would be safe.
(b) It would be destroyed.
(c) It would be infested.
(d) It would rule all nations.
4. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
(a) Losing contact with each other.
(b) Growing old together.
(c) Praising each other.
(d) Kill each other.
5. Who conspires to kill Oedipus at the end of the Background section?
(a) King of Argos.
(b) The Spinx.
(d) Eteocles and Polyneices.
Short Answer Questions
1. The particular legend of "Seven Against Thebes" resembles what other type of legends?
2. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
3. Plays based on Greek legend tend to be very _____.
4. What is the original language of the play "Seven Against Thebes?"
5. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)