|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Background.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Oedipus' crimes are revealed, what happens to Jocasta?
(a) She commits suicide.
(b) She is murdered.
(c) She blinds herself.
(d) She becomes ruler of Thebes.
2. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
3. The particular legend of "Seven Against Thebes" resembles what other type of legends?
4. What is a Spinx?
(a) Half-woman, half-lion.
(b) Half-woman, half-goat.
(c) Half-man, half-horse.
(d) Half-man, half-lion.
5. After Oedipus' death, who rules the city of Thebes?
Short Answer Questions
1. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
2. Who persuades his father-in-law to join with him and win the throne of Thebes by force?
3. What is the original language of the play "Seven Against Thebes?"
4. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
5. Plays in ancient Greece are produced as part of what type of ceremony?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)