|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Background.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The particular legend of "Seven Against Thebes" resembles what other type of legends?
2. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
3. After Oedipus' adopts father is killed, Oedipus seeks revenge and kills _______ .
(c) the Oracle of Apollo.
(d) the King of Argos.
4. Who punishes Laius for kidnapping and murdering his friend's son?
(a) The Spinx.
(b) King of Argos.
(c) King of Thebes.
(d) The Oracle of Apollo.
5. What does Laius do to baby Oedipus after hearing the Oracle foretell Oedipus' future?
(a) He injured the baby's feet.
(b) He killed the baby.
(c) He cursed the baby.
(d) He blinded the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Plays based on Greek legend tend to be very _____.
2. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
3. Where does Polyneices go to marry a princess?
4. What is the original language of the play "Seven Against Thebes?"
5. What is a Spinx?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)