|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Background.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Laius is regarded as a _______ in the city of Thebes.
2. After Oedipus' death, who rules the city of Thebes?
3. Where does Polyneices go to marry a princess?
(b) The Spinx.
(c) The Oracle.
4. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ his mother.
5. The story that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on is part of their background as a ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Laius' son?
2. After Oedipus' adopts father is killed, Oedipus seeks revenge and kills _______ .
3. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
4. What are the two plays leading up to "Seven Against Thebes" named?
5. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)