|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Background.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the original language of the play "Seven Against Thebes?"
2. Who conspires to kill Oedipus at the end of the Background section?
(a) The Spinx.
(c) Eteocles and Polyneices.
(d) King of Argos.
3. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
(a) Their parents.
(b) The gods.
(d) Their ancestors.
4. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
5. What are the two plays leading up to "Seven Against Thebes" named?
(a) Ismene and Antigone.
(b) The Oracle and The Spinx.
(c) Laius and Oedipus.
(d) Polyneices and Eteocles.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Oedipus' adopts father is killed, Oedipus seeks revenge and kills _______ .
2. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
3. What does Laius do to baby Oedipus after hearing the Oracle foretell Oedipus' future?
4. The play "Seven Agaist Thebes" is the third in a _______ of plays.
5. What is the name of Laius' son?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)