|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Background.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who conspires to kill Oedipus at the end of the Background section?
(b) Eteocles and Polyneices.
(c) King of Argos.
(d) The Spinx.
2. What is the name of Laius' son?
(c) Antigone .
3. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
4. Laius is regarded as a _______ in the city of Thebes.
5. At the end of the first year, what does Eteocles refused to do?
(a) Feed the hungry.
(b) Fight the war.
(c) Find a wife.
(d) Give up the throne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Polyneices go to marry a princess?
2. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
3. Who is Jocasta?
4. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ his mother.
5. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)