Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Imagery throughout the play is based on ________.
(a) Ships and the Sea.
(b) Clouds and Birds.
(c) Jungle and Tigers.
(d) Sand and Mountains.
2. What does Eteocles accuse the Chorus of being?
3. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
4. Who promises to "bring this man [Polyneices] to his harbor, and he shall enjoy his father's city?"
5. Who does Eteocles accuse of bringing down the city's morale?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) King of Argos.
(c) King of Thebes.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus briefly gives in to fear and imagines what will happen to the city if what occurs?
2. Imagery is used throughout the play to describe the _______ of women.
3. Who is the fourth general the Scout describes as constantly shouting out his war cry and acting almost insane with blood lust?
4. Who exclaims, "Their breasts exposed to the conqueror's view?"
5. Who conspires to kill Oedipus at the end of the Background section?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)