|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The image of Thebes is of a ________.
2. What does Eteocles suggest the Chorus pray about?
(a) That the children remain safe.
(b) That the walls remain standing.
(c) That the war will end soon.
(d) That his army will grow.
3. What literary form does the Chorus use to describe the destruction and violation of the city's moral?
4. Who says, "Their reports will save me from all traps and deceptions?"
(b) The Chorus.
(c) A Scout.
(d) The Fury.
5. The Chorus of Women represents ___________.
(a) The country.
(b) The city.
(c) The universe.
(d) The army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antigone believe is more important than respect for the city?
2. What type of violation is used to describe women being treated like treasures?
3. Who is "unmoved by the sound of snorting horses?"
4. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
5. Who persuades his father-in-law to join with him and win the throne of Thebes by force?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)