|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the young general with an almost feminine beauty but a vicious temper?
2. How is Aktor related to Hyperbios?
(a) They are brothers-in-law.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are sisters.
3. In the conclusion of the play, "with one final piece of 'ship' " is considered what literary term?
4. The Chorus uses all of the following likening the destruction and violation of the city to the destruction and violation of a woman except:
5. As punishment for his crime, if Laius fathered any children, what would happen to the city of Thebes?
(a) It would be infested.
(b) It would rule all nations.
(c) It would be destroyed.
(d) It would be safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eteocle appoint as the last and head general?
2. What imagery does the Chorus use to illustrate the situation of Eteocles and his family?
3. What is an ode?
4. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
5. Who persuades his father-in-law to join with him and win the throne of Thebes by force?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)