|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Imagery is used throughout the play to describe the _______ of women.
2. Women see the act of combat as something that causes ___________.
3. The Chorus of Women represents ___________.
(a) The country.
(b) The city.
(c) The army.
(d) The universe.
4. Whose influence is now fading because of the deaths of Eteocles and Polyneices?
(a) The Fury.
(d) The Spinx.
5. Who says, "Their reports will save me from all traps and deceptions?"
(b) The Fury.
(c) A Scout.
(d) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Imagery throughout the play is based on ________.
2. To go against the will of the gods, or to make them angry, is to risk destruction. This is considered the _____ of the play.
3. What does Eteocles compare Thebes and its land to?
4. Why does the Chorus say that they come to the square to pray?
5. What is the name of Laius' son?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)