|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose influence is now fading because of the deaths of Eteocles and Polyneices?
(a) The Fury.
(b) The Spinx.
2. Where does Polyneices go to marry a princess?
(c) The Spinx.
(d) The Oracle.
3. The image of Thebes is considered the ______ of its citizens.
4. Whose shield bears the image of a man climbing a ladder and shouting that not even Ares will knock him off it?
5. The Chorus of Women represents ___________.
(a) The universe.
(b) The army.
(c) The city.
(d) The country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of a group of individual actors speaking with the thoughts, emotions, and reactions of a single character?
2. In the conclusion of the play, "with one final piece of 'ship' " is considered what literary term?
3. Why is Tydeus forbidden to cross the river?
4. Eteocles' story and actions echo the story and actions of which other story?
5. Any citizen in the _____ would know the story, or myth, that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)