|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the original language of the play "Seven Against Thebes?"
2. Whose appearance and description of the armies is a typical device of classical Greek theatre?
(a) The king.
(b) The blacksmith.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The Scout.
3. What happened at the 7th gate?
(a) The curse of Laius continues in Antigone.
(b) The curse of Laius has come to its conclusion.
(c) The curse of Laius has destroyed the gates.
(d) The curse of Laius has spread.
4. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
(a) Praising each other.
(b) Losing contact with each other.
(c) Kill each other.
(d) Growing old together.
5. Who does Eteocle appoint as the last and head general?
(c) A blacksmith.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ his mother.
2. What is a dirge?
3. Who is the King of Thebes at the opening of part 1?
4. Where does Polyneices go to marry a princess?
5. The image of Thebes is of a ________.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)