|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ his mother.
2. Who promises to "bring this man [Polyneices] to his harbor, and he shall enjoy his father's city?"
3. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
4. Amphiaraos is all of the following except:
(a) The oldest general.
(b) The 6th general.
(c) The one who wanted to call of the attack.
(d) A prophet.
5. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
(a) Their parents.
(c) Their ancestors.
(d) The gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles tells the men that the battle has ______.
2. Who is the young general with an almost feminine beauty but a vicious temper?
3. Who runs on with news that the seven powerful generals of the attacking army have performed a blood sacrifice?
4. Who appears and gathers around the bodies of Eteocles and Polyneices, preparing to take them away?
5. Who says, "The sins of the father [are] visited upon the son?"
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)