|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many generals does Eteocle plan to appoint to face their enemies?
2. Who promises to "bring this man [Polyneices] to his harbor, and he shall enjoy his father's city?"
3. Who punishes Laius for kidnapping and murdering his friend's son?
(a) The Oracle of Apollo.
(b) The Spinx.
(c) King of Argos.
(d) King of Thebes.
4. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
(b) Their ancestors.
(c) The gods.
(d) Their parents.
5. What does Laius do to baby Oedipus after hearing the Oracle foretell Oedipus' future?
(a) He killed the baby.
(b) He blinded the baby.
(c) He injured the baby's feet.
(d) He cursed the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ him.
2. What type of violation is used to describe women being treated like treasures?
3. All of the following follow the bodies of Eteocles and Polyneices except:
4. The imagery of "swamping waves" represent ___________.
5. In which fraction does the Chorus speak to Antigone and Ismene?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)