|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ his mother.
2. Who is nicknamed "Killer of many?"
3. Who does the Chorus say the final victory belongs to?
(d) The Fury.
4. What emblem is on Tydeus' shield?
5. Who is the oldest and more experienced general in Eteocles' army?
Short Answer Questions
1. The particular legend of "Seven Against Thebes" resembles what other type of legends?
2. Who says, "The sins of the father [are] visited upon the son?"
3. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
4. Imagery is used throughout the play to describe the _______ of women.
5. What is the name of the prophet that has foreseen the armies of Argos attacking Thebes soon?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)