|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a fear of the women of Thebes?
2. Who is "unmoved by the sound of snorting horses?"
3. Why is Tydeus forbidden to cross the river?
(a) He doesn't have a ship.
(b) The omens aren't good.
(c) He can't swim.
(d) It's against his religion.
4. Whose shield bears the image of a man climbing a ladder and shouting that not even Ares will knock him off it?
5. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eteocles compare his position to?
2. Who is the young general with an almost feminine beauty but a vicious temper?
3. What is the name of the fire-breathing monster on the 4th general's shield?
4. Imagery throughout the play is based on ________.
5. Eteocles explains that praying is not the problem of the Chorus, but the way they are praying since they are praying for what?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)