|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All of the following follow the bodies of Eteocles and Polyneices except:
(b) The Scout.
(c) The Chorus.
2. The belief system of ancient Greece is that existence depends upon _____, or the will of the gods?
(d) Free will.
3. Who does the King of Thebes address in the city?
(a) Women citizens.
(b) All citizens.
(c) Male citizens.
(d) Working citizens.
4. Scout describes all of the following, in the beginning of part 3, to Eteocles except:
(a) The type of horses the armies are riding on.
(b) Which gate each enemy general is set to attack.
(c) Each of the enemy generals.
(d) The emblem on the enemy general's shield.
5. Who is the King of Thebes at the opening of part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What imagery does the Chorus use to illustrate the situation of Eteocles and his family?
2. How many of the Chorus members sides with and supports Antigone?
3. Who does Eteocles express his disgust with in Part 2 of the play?
4. "White haired" women, "housewives," and young virgins are all described to be ___________.
5. Any citizen in the _____ would know the story, or myth, that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)