|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of violation is used to describe women seeing their husbands, sons, and brothers killed?
2. Who is the third general described as leading a cavalry of horses, which makes an arrogant, inhuman noise?
3. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
(b) Their parents.
(c) The gods.
(d) Their ancestors.
4. Who's name can be translated as "cause of weeping?"
5. Eteocles reaction was so extreme to whom because of his angry determination to save and protect the city?
(a) His army.
(b) King of Argos.
(c) The women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eteocles suggest the Chorus pray about?
2. Who is "this one man most of all defended the city kept the ship steady?"
3. Who does Eteocles send to face the third general?
4. What happened at the 7th gate?
5. Who kills Oedipus' adopted father in the Background section of the play?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)