|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "The sins of the father [are] visited upon the son?"
(a) The Fury.
(b) The Oracle.
(c) The Spinx.
(d) The Bible.
2. Who represents the voice of reason and faithfulness that Eteocles should have been listening to?
3. Who is the fourth general the Scout describes as constantly shouting out his war cry and acting almost insane with blood lust?
4. What are the two plays leading up to "Seven Against Thebes" named?
(a) The Oracle and The Spinx.
(b) Ismene and Antigone.
(c) Laius and Oedipus.
(d) Polyneices and Eteocles.
5. What does Antigone and Ismene represent?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls the battle between Eteocles and Polyneices an occasion for "both rejoicing and weeping?"
2. Imagery throughout the play is based on ________.
3. Due to Eteocles and Polyneices' rivalry, what has happened to the city?
4. What does Eteocles suggest the Chorus pray about?
5. Who conspires to kill Oedipus at the end of the Background section?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)