|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emblem is on Tydeus' shield?
2. The particular legend of "Seven Against Thebes" resembles what other type of legends?
3. Who are the group of women of Thebes who rushes on in a panic?
(a) The Farmers.
(b) The Chorus.
(c) The Singers.
(d) The Messenger.
4. The theme of the play is based on what two stories?
(a) Oedipus and Polyneices.
(b) Oedipus and Eteocles.
(c) Laius and Oedipus.
(d) Eteocles and Polyneices.
5. Due to Eteocles and Polyneices' rivalry, what has happened to the city?
(a) It has come together.
(b) It's been torn apart.
(c) It has a new king.
(d) It's been rebuilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the Chorus of Women in Part 4 that they have no reason to be afraid?
2. What is a dirge?
3. Eteocles is urged to do what by the scout?
4. What is the name of Laius' son?
5. What type of violation is used to describe women being treated like treasures?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)