|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
2. According the Chorus, Eteocles and Polyneices are finally united ___________.
(a) In spirit.
(b) In heaven.
(c) In life.
(d) In death.
3. Human beings are metaphorically represented by ________.
(b) The Ocean.
4. Any citizen in the _____ would know the story, or myth, that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on.
5. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on Kapaneus' shield?
2. Imagery is used throughout the play to describe the _______ of women.
3. Why is Eteocles considered to be an illegal king?
4. Who says, "The grief of kindred is the bond and link of mankind, common to all, unchanging?"
5. After Oedipus' adopts father is killed, Oedipus seeks revenge and kills _______ .
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)