|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a dirge?
(a) A haiku.
(b) An epic poem.
(c) A poem about life.
(d) A poem about death.
2. Eteocles is urged to do what by the scout?
(a) Demolish the city.
(b) Run away.
(c) Go hide.
(d) Prepare to defend the city.
3. Being buried without ceremony was the ultimate punishment that ___________ could offer?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) The King.
(c) The gods.
(d) The society.
4. Who is the second general Eteocles sends out?
5. Who promises to "bring this man [Polyneices] to his harbor, and he shall enjoy his father's city?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks a lament over the bodies of Eteocles and Polyneices?
2. Traditionally, women are more concerned with _________.
3. Wordless cries blend with poetic language telling the story of how Eteocles and Polyneices finally struck down ___________.
4. Who appears and gathers around the bodies of Eteocles and Polyneices, preparing to take them away?
5. What news does the Scout return to Eteocles with in the beginning of part 3?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)