|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the third general described as leading a cavalry of horses, which makes an arrogant, inhuman noise?
2. What is another name for the manifestation of the Curse of Oedipus?
(a) The Scary.
(b) The Blind.
(c) The Oracle.
(d) The Fury.
3. The Chorus refers to the attacks against the city of Thebes as _______.
4. Eteocles instructs the Chorus to pray for ________ instead of safety?
5. Why is Tydeus forbidden to cross the river?
(a) It's against his religion.
(b) He can't swim.
(c) He doesn't have a ship.
(d) The omens aren't good.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "When they are brave, they are insolent and intolerable, and when they are frightened, they are rash and dangerous?"
2. The will of the gods are metaphorically represented by _________.
3. What news does the Scout return to Eteocles with in the beginning of part 3?
4. What is on Parthenopaios' shield?
5. What does Laius do to baby Oedipus after hearing the Oracle foretell Oedipus' future?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)