|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose appearance and description of the armies is a typical device of classical Greek theatre?
(a) The blacksmith.
(b) The Chorus.
(c) The king.
(d) The Scout.
2. Any citizen in the _____ would know the story, or myth, that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on.
3. The Chorus of Women represents ___________.
(a) The country.
(b) The army.
(c) The universe.
(d) The city.
4. What is another name for the manifestation of the Curse of Oedipus?
(a) The Oracle.
(b) The Blind.
(c) The Scary.
(d) The Fury.
5. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
Short Answer Questions
1. Human beings are metaphorically represented by ________.
2. What is the setting of the play?
3. What are the two plays leading up to "Seven Against Thebes" named?
4. Who persuades his father-in-law to join with him and win the throne of Thebes by force?
5. What is the name of Laius' son?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)