|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The image of Thebes is considered the ______ of its citizens.
2. Plays based on Greek legend tend to be very _____.
3. Who kills Oedipus' adopted father in the Background section of the play?
4. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ him.
5. As punishment for his crime, if Laius fathered any children, what would happen to the city of Thebes?
(a) It would rule all nations.
(b) It would be infested.
(c) It would be destroyed.
(d) It would be safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Any citizen in the _____ would know the story, or myth, that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on.
2. Eteocles tells the men that the battle has ______.
3. What is a Spinx?
4. To go against the will of the gods, or to make them angry, is to risk destruction. This is considered the _____ of the play.
5. Who runs on with news that the seven powerful generals of the attacking army have performed a blood sacrifice?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)