|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Oedipus' adopted father in the Background section of the play?
2. Whose appearance and description of the armies is a typical device of classical Greek theatre?
(a) The king.
(b) The blacksmith.
(c) The Scout.
(d) The Chorus.
3. The will of the gods are metaphorically represented by _________.
(a) The Land.
(b) The Earth.
(c) The Ocean.
(d) The Sky.
4. What is the setting of the play?
5. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Gates of Thebes are there?
2. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
3. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
4. As punishment for his crime, if Laius fathered any children, what would happen to the city of Thebes?
5. What is a Spinx?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)