|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Imagery is used throughout the play to describe the _______ of women.
2. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
3. What is a Spinx?
(a) Half-woman, half-goat.
(b) Half-woman, half-lion.
(c) Half-man, half-lion.
(d) Half-man, half-horse.
4. What is the name of the prophet that has foreseen the armies of Argos attacking Thebes soon?
(a) The Oracle.
(b) The Fury.
5. The imagery in general represents a basic element of the Greek philosophy of ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the genre of Seven Against Thebes?
2. To go against the will of the gods, or to make them angry, is to risk destruction. This is considered the _____ of the play.
3. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
4. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
5. What is the setting of the play?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)