|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Laius is regarded as a _______ in the city of Thebes.
2. The Chorus refers to the attacks against the city of Thebes as _______.
3. Whose appearance and description of the armies is a typical device of classical Greek theatre?
(a) The king.
(b) The blacksmith.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The Scout.
4. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
5. What does Eteocles compare his position to?
(a) A ring leader.
(b) A Captain of a ship.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A Master.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of a group of individual actors speaking with the thoughts, emotions, and reactions of a single character?
2. What is the name of Laius' son?
3. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
4. The image of Thebes is considered the ______ of its citizens.
5. Where does Polyneices go to marry a princess?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)