|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who conspires to kill Oedipus at the end of the Background section?
(a) Eteocles and Polyneices.
(b) King of Argos.
(d) The Spinx.
2. Who says, "Their reports will save me from all traps and deceptions?"
(a) The Chorus.
(c) The Fury.
(d) A Scout.
3. Who is Jocasta?
(a) Laius' daughter.
(b) Oedipus' wife.
(c) Polyneices' wife.
(d) Oedipus' sister.
4. What does Eteocles compare his position to?
(a) A ring leader.
(b) A Master.
(c) A Captain of a ship.
(d) A soldier.
5. Eteocles tells the men that the battle has ______.
(a) Gone badly.
(b) Is over.
(c) Gone well.
(d) Hasn't started.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who punishes Laius for kidnapping and murdering his friend's son?
2. Plays based on Greek legend tend to be very _____.
3. What is the setting of the play?
4. Where does Eteocles go to prepare for war?
5. The Chorus of Women represents ___________.
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)