|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the group of women of Thebes who rushes on in a panic?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) The Singers.
(c) The Messenger.
(d) The Farmers.
2. The image of Thebes is of a ________.
3. In the opening of the Background, Laius has kidnapped, assaulted and murdered ______ son?
4. Who conspires to kill Oedipus at the end of the Background section?
(a) Eteocles and Polyneices.
(b) King of Argos.
(c) The Spinx.
5. Where does Polyneices go to marry a princess?
(b) The Spinx.
(d) The Oracle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of violation is used to describe women being treated like treasures?
2. Plays in ancient Greece are produced as part of what type of ceremony?
3. Who does Eteocles pray to in the beginning of part 1?
4. Who does Eteocles call upon to fight to protect the land and the city of Thebes?
5. What is the setting of the play?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)