|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who persuades his father-in-law to join with him and win the throne of Thebes by force?
2. What is the setting of the play?
3. Plays based on Greek legend tend to be very _____.
4. Whose appearance and description of the armies is a typical device of classical Greek theatre?
(a) The Scout.
(b) The blacksmith.
(c) The king.
(d) The Chorus.
5. Who runs on with news that the seven powerful generals of the attacking army have performed a blood sacrifice?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) The Chorus.
(c) A scout.
(d) A carpenter.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ him.
2. What is the name of a group of individual actors speaking with the thoughts, emotions, and reactions of a single character?
3. Human beings are metaphorically represented by ________.
4. What are the two plays leading up to "Seven Against Thebes" named?
5. What is another name for the Scout?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)