|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus refers to the attacks against the city of Thebes as _______.
2. The play "Seven Agaist Thebes" is the third in a _______ of plays.
3. Imagery throughout the play is based on ________.
(a) Jungle and Tigers.
(b) Clouds and Birds.
(c) Sand and Mountains.
(d) Ships and the Sea.
4. Human beings are metaphorically represented by ________.
(b) The Ocean.
5. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
(c) Raise children.
(d) Provide for their family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eteocles call upon to fight to protect the land and the city of Thebes?
2. Who conspires to kill Oedipus at the end of the Background section?
3. What are the two plays leading up to "Seven Against Thebes" named?
4. Plays in ancient Greece are produced as part of what type of ceremony?
5. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)