|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of violation is used to describe women being treated like treasures?
2. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
3. Imagery is used throughout the play to describe the _______ of women.
4. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
(a) Their ancestors.
(b) Their parents.
(d) The gods.
5. Eteocles tells the men that the battle has ______.
(a) Gone badly.
(b) Gone well.
(c) Is over.
(d) Hasn't started.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
2. Imagery throughout the play is based on ________.
3. After Oedipus' adopts father is killed, Oedipus seeks revenge and kills _______ .
4. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
5. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve parents and children doing what?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)