|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the original language of the play "Seven Against Thebes?"
2. Who is Jocasta?
(a) Oedipus' sister.
(b) Laius' daughter.
(c) Polyneices' wife.
(d) Oedipus' wife.
3. The Chorus refers to the attacks against the city of Thebes as _______.
4. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ him.
5. Eteocles tells the men that the battle has ______.
(a) Is over.
(b) Hasn't started.
(c) Gone badly.
(d) Gone well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Eteocles considered to be an illegal king?
2. Who does Eteocles call upon to fight to protect the land and the city of Thebes?
3. Any citizen in the _____ would know the story, or myth, that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on.
4. Imagery throughout the play is based on ________.
5. What is the name of the prophet that has foreseen the armies of Argos attacking Thebes soon?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)