|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Eteocles considered to be an illegal king?
(a) He is not married.
(b) He is not originally from Thebes.
(c) He is not old enough to be king.
(d) He broke his agreement with his brother.
2. What is a Spinx?
(a) Half-man, half-horse.
(b) Half-woman, half-lion.
(c) Half-man, half-lion.
(d) Half-woman, half-goat.
3. Who conspires to kill Oedipus at the end of the Background section?
(a) The Spinx.
(b) Eteocles and Polyneices.
(c) King of Argos.
4. After Oedipus' death, who rules the city of Thebes?
5. Where does Eteocles go to prepare for war?
(b) Council Chambers.
(c) The meadow.
(d) The caves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the original language of the play "Seven Against Thebes?"
2. The imagery in general represents a basic element of the Greek philosophy of ________.
3. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
4. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
5. The image of Thebes is considered the ______ of its citizens.
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)