|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To go against the will of the gods, or to make them angry, is to risk destruction. This is considered the _____ of the play.
2. Who punishes Laius for kidnapping and murdering his friend's son?
(a) King of Thebes.
(b) The Oracle of Apollo.
(c) King of Argos.
(d) The Spinx.
3. What is the name of a group of individual actors speaking with the thoughts, emotions, and reactions of a single character?
(a) The Messenger.
(b) The Scout.
(c) The Joker.
(d) The Chorus.
4. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
5. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Imagery is used throughout the play to describe the _______ of women.
2. _______ rescues Oedipus and raises him to adulthood.
3. How many Gates of Thebes are there?
4. The will of the gods are metaphorically represented by _________.
5. The story that "Seven Against Thebes" is based on is part of their background as a ____________.
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)