|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Human beings are metaphorically represented by ________.
(c) The Ocean.
2. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
(a) Social life.
(b) Religious life.
(c) Cultural life.
(d) Private life.
3. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ him.
4. _______ rescues Oedipus and raises him to adulthood.
(a) A fisherman.
(c) A farmer.
5. What is another name for the manifestation of the Curse of Oedipus?
(a) The Scary.
(b) The Fury.
(c) The Oracle.
(d) The Blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of violation is used to describe women being treated like treasures?
2. Where does Polyneices go to marry a princess?
3. Laius is regarded as a _______ in the city of Thebes.
4. Imagery is used throughout the play to describe the _______ of women.
5. The particular legend of "Seven Against Thebes" resembles what other type of legends?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)