|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
2. In the opening of the Background, Laius has kidnapped, assaulted and murdered ______ son?
3. Eteocles is urged to do what by the scout?
(a) Go hide.
(b) Prepare to defend the city.
(c) Run away.
(d) Demolish the city.
4. _______ rescues Oedipus and raises him to adulthood.
(a) A farmer.
(d) A fisherman.
5. To go against the will of the gods, or to make them angry, is to risk destruction. This is considered the _____ of the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. Seven Against Thebes is structured in what form?
2. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ him.
3. The image of Thebes is of a ________.
4. What does Eteocles compare his position to?
5. The will of the gods are metaphorically represented by _________.
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)