|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the King of Thebes address in the city?
(a) Working citizens.
(b) Male citizens.
(c) Women citizens.
(d) All citizens.
2. In the opening of the Background, Laius has kidnapped, assaulted and murdered ______ son?
3. What type of violation is used to describe women being treated like treasures?
4. Where does Polyneices go to marry a princess?
(b) The Spinx.
(d) The Oracle.
5. Who runs on with news that the seven powerful generals of the attacking army have performed a blood sacrifice?
(a) A carpenter.
(b) A scout.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ his mother.
2. Human beings are metaphorically represented by ________.
3. The particular legend of "Seven Against Thebes" resembles what other type of legends?
4. Eteocles is urged to do what by the scout?
5. What type of violation is used to describe women seeing their husbands, sons, and brothers killed?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)