|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the prophet that has foreseen the armies of Argos attacking Thebes soon?
(a) The Fury.
(c) The Oracle.
2. Eteocles is urged to do what by the scout?
(a) Demolish the city.
(b) Run away.
(c) Go hide.
(d) Prepare to defend the city.
3. As punishment for his crime, if Laius fathered any children, what would happen to the city of Thebes?
(a) It would rule all nations.
(b) It would be destroyed.
(c) It would be infested.
(d) It would be safe.
4. After Oedipus' death, who rules the city of Thebes?
5. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jocasta?
2. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
3. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
4. How many Gates of Thebes are there?
5. Where does Eteocles go to prepare for war?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)