|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Laius is regarded as a _______ in the city of Thebes.
2. How many Gates of Thebes are there?
3. What is another name for the Scout?
4. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
(b) Provide for their family.
(c) Raise children.
5. What are the two plays leading up to "Seven Against Thebes" named?
(a) Ismene and Antigone.
(b) The Oracle and The Spinx.
(c) Laius and Oedipus.
(d) Polyneices and Eteocles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the prophet that has foreseen the armies of Argos attacking Thebes soon?
2. Plays based on Greek legend tend to be very _____.
3. In the opening of the Background, Laius has kidnapped, assaulted and murdered ______ son?
4. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
5. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)