|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Laius' son?
(a) Antigone .
2. The theme of these legends also states that the after-effects can last for generations, which means it's better to listen to the will of __________.
(a) Their ancestors.
(c) The gods.
(d) Their parents.
3. Who does Eteocles pray to in the beginning of part 1?
(d) The Scout.
4. What does Laius do to baby Oedipus after hearing the Oracle foretell Oedipus' future?
(a) He blinded the baby.
(b) He cursed the baby.
(c) He injured the baby's feet.
(d) He killed the baby.
5. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the original language of the play "Seven Against Thebes?"
2. The will of the gods are metaphorically represented by _________.
3. What is the genre of Seven Against Thebes?
4. When Oedipus' crimes are revealed, what happens to Jocasta?
5. The people of Thebes regard Oedipus as a ________.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)