|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another name for the manifestation of the Curse of Oedipus?
(a) The Oracle.
(b) The Blind.
(c) The Fury.
(d) The Scary.
2. After Oedipus' death, who rules the city of Thebes?
3. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ his mother.
4. Which of the following is not a fear of the women of Thebes?
5. Who solves the Riddle of the Spinx?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the group of women of Thebes who rushes on in a panic?
2. Laius is regarded as a _______ in the city of Thebes.
3. The image of Thebes is of a ________.
4. Whose appearance and description of the armies is a typical device of classical Greek theatre?
5. To go against the will of the gods, or to make them angry, is to risk destruction. This is considered the _____ of the play.
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)