|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Plays performed in ancient Greece highlight all of the following aspects of city life, except _____.
(a) Religious life.
(b) Cultural life.
(c) Private life.
(d) Social life.
2. Who does the King of Thebes address in the city?
(a) Women citizens.
(b) Working citizens.
(c) All citizens.
(d) Male citizens.
3. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
4. The image of Thebes is considered the ______ of its citizens.
5. The theme of these legends is that giving in to human passion creates _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles tells the men that the battle has ______.
2. Plays based on Greek legend usually involve a generation after generation repeating a ______.
3. Human beings are metaphorically represented by ________.
4. What does Eteocles compare Thebes and its land to?
5. _______ rescues Oedipus and raises him to adulthood.
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)