|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eteocles express his disgust with in Part 2 of the play?
(b) King of Argos.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) His army.
2. Who represents Eteocles' stubbornness while his shield represents Eteocles' passions?
3. Eteocles' and Oedipus' story is playing out the curse originally laid on ___________.
4. The image of Thebes is considered the ______ of its citizens.
5. Traditionally, males are more concerned with _______.
(b) Their children.
(c) Battle itself.
(d) Their social standing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Imagery is used throughout the play to describe the _______ of women.
2. The theme of the play is based on what two stories?
3. Where does Eteocles go to prepare for war?
4. Eteocles instructs the Chorus to pray for ________ instead of safety?
5. Why does the Chorus say that they come to the square to pray?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)