|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eteocles' refusal to respect his agreement with Polyneices indicates his desire to ___________.
(a) Disown his brother.
(b) Have world domination.
(c) Possess and control the city.
(d) Anger his brother.
2. What news does the Scout return to Eteocles with in the beginning of part 3?
(a) The armies have turned away from the gates of Thebes.
(b) The armies are outside the gates of Thebes.
(c) The armies are on their way to the gates of Thebes.
(d) The armies just left the gate of Thebes.
3. What is the name of the prophet that has foreseen the armies of Argos attacking Thebes soon?
(a) The Oracle.
(d) The Fury.
4. What is the genre of Seven Against Thebes?
5. Men see the act of combat as _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the fire-breathing monster on the 4th general's shield?
2. Who exclaims, "Their breasts exposed to the conqueror's view?"
3. Who does Eteocles promise to put in prison if they do not obey him and bravely face the danger of war?
4. Whose appearance and description of the armies is a typical device of classical Greek theatre?
5. How many Gates of Thebes are there?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)