|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chorus do when they hear the sounds of attack from outside the walls?
(a) They go tell Eteocles.
(b) They panic.
(c) They run away.
(d) They hide their children.
2. Who does Eteocles call upon to fight to protect the land and the city of Thebes?
(a) The woman.
(b) The man.
(c) The children.
3. What imagery does the Chorus use to illustrate the situation of Eteocles and his family?
(a) The throne.
(b) The ocean.
(c) A ship.
(d) The waves.
4. Why is Tydeus forbidden to cross the river?
(a) It's against his religion.
(b) He can't swim.
(c) He doesn't have a ship.
(d) The omens aren't good.
5. The Chorus refers to the attacks against the city of Thebes as _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs on with news that the seven powerful generals of the attacking army have performed a blood sacrifice?
2. Who is the goddess of justice?
3. Eteocles tells the men that the battle has ______.
4. Who does Eteocles promise to put in prison if they do not obey him and bravely face the danger of war?
5. Who promises to "bring this man [Polyneices] to his harbor, and he shall enjoy his father's city?"
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)