|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of a group of individual actors speaking with the thoughts, emotions, and reactions of a single character?
(a) The Scout.
(b) The Joker.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The Messenger.
2. Eteocles tells the men that the battle has ______.
(a) Hasn't started.
(b) Is over.
(c) Gone badly.
(d) Gone well.
3. Who says, "The sins of the father [are] visited upon the son?"
(a) The Spinx.
(b) The Fury.
(c) The Oracle.
(d) The Bible.
4. The Chorus refers to the attacks against the city of Thebes as _______.
5. Why is Tydeus forbidden to cross the river?
(a) The omens aren't good.
(b) He can't swim.
(c) It's against his religion.
(d) He doesn't have a ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the fire-breathing monster on the 4th general's shield?
2. What is the setting of the play?
3. Who is "unmoved by the sound of snorting horses?"
4. What does Eteocles accuse the Chorus of being?
5. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)