|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The principle contrast in Part 2 represents traditional male and female differences in the thought about __________.
2. Who represents the way that Eteocles has followed his own will which he honors more than he honors the will of the gods?
3. Human beings are metaphorically represented by ________.
(b) The Ocean.
4. The theme of the play is based on what two stories?
(a) Laius and Oedipus.
(b) Oedipus and Eteocles.
(c) Oedipus and Polyneices.
(d) Eteocles and Polyneices.
5. Who is the King of Thebes at the opening of part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eteocles suggest the Chorus pray about?
2. The Chorus formally pray to Zeus and the other gods, asking them _____________.
3. Who is the young general with an almost feminine beauty but a vicious temper?
4. Who is the second general Eteocles sends out?
5. Who represents the voice of reason and faithfulness that Eteocles should have been listening to?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)