|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does the Scout return to Eteocles with in the beginning of part 3?
(a) The armies are on their way to the gates of Thebes.
(b) The armies have turned away from the gates of Thebes.
(c) The armies just left the gate of Thebes.
(d) The armies are outside the gates of Thebes.
2. Who does Eteocle appoint as the last and head general?
(b) A blacksmith.
3. Who is the young general with an almost feminine beauty but a vicious temper?
4. How many Gates of Thebes are there?
5. "White haired" women, "housewives," and young virgins are all described to be ___________.
(a) Equal victims.
(b) Equal criminals.
(c) Equal culprits.
(d) Equal beings.
Short Answer Questions
1. The principle contrast in Part 2 represents traditional male and female differences in the thought about __________.
2. Traditionally, women are more concerned with _________.
3. Who represents the way that Eteocles has followed his own will which he honors more than he honors the will of the gods?
4. What is the genre of Seven Against Thebes?
5. What is the name of the fire-breathing monster on the 4th general's shield?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)