|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is nicknamed "Killer of many?"
2. Whose appearance and description of the armies is a typical device of classical Greek theatre?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) The king.
(c) The Scout.
(d) The blacksmith.
3. The Chorus of Women represents ___________.
(a) The universe.
(b) The city.
(c) The country.
(d) The army.
4. The imagery in general represents a basic element of the Greek philosophy of ________.
5. The image of Thebes is of a ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles tells the men that the battle has ______.
2. What does the Chorus do when they hear the sounds of attack from outside the walls?
3. What does Eteocles compare his position to?
4. Eteocles is urged to do what by the scout?
5. Who does Eteocles call upon to fight to protect the land and the city of Thebes?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)