|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Chorus, what are the Gods a source of?
2. What is the setting of the play?
3. Imagery throughout the play is based on ________.
(a) Clouds and Birds.
(b) Ships and the Sea.
(c) Sand and Mountains.
(d) Jungle and Tigers.
4. What does Eteocles compare his position to?
(a) A ring leader.
(b) A Master.
(c) A Captain of a ship.
(d) A soldier.
5. "White haired" women, "housewives," and young virgins are all described to be ___________.
(a) Equal beings.
(b) Equal victims.
(c) Equal criminals.
(d) Equal culprits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the oldest and more experienced general in Eteocles' army?
2. The image of Thebes is of a ________.
3. The image of Thebes is considered the ______ of its citizens.
4. Who prays to the gods to guide and inspire Eteocles' generals to victory?
5. Eteocles' and Oedipus' story is playing out the curse originally laid on ___________.
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)