|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Imagery throughout the play is based on ________.
(a) Clouds and Birds.
(b) Ships and the Sea.
(c) Jungle and Tigers.
(d) Sand and Mountains.
2. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
(b) Raise children.
(c) Provide for their family.
3. How is Aktor related to Hyperbios?
(a) They are brothers-in-law.
(b) They are brothers.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are sisters.
4. Eteocles' story and actions echo the story and actions of which other story?
(c) King of Argos.
5. The theme of the play is based on what two stories?
(a) Oedipus and Eteocles.
(b) Eteocles and Polyneices.
(c) Oedipus and Polyneices.
(d) Laius and Oedipus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "When they are brave, they are insolent and intolerable, and when they are frightened, they are rash and dangerous?"
2. What is another name for the manifestation of the Curse of Oedipus?
3. Who does Eteocles consider a "loyal and true son of Thebes?"
4. What does Eteocles compare Thebes and its land to?
5. Who does Eteocles send to face Tydeus?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)