|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The image of Thebes is considered the ______ of its citizens.
2. Scout describes all of the following, in the beginning of part 3, to Eteocles except:
(a) Which gate each enemy general is set to attack.
(b) The type of horses the armies are riding on.
(c) The emblem on the enemy general's shield.
(d) Each of the enemy generals.
3. What literary form does the Chorus use to describe the destruction and violation of the city's moral?
4. The theme of the play is based on what two stories?
(a) Oedipus and Polyneices.
(b) Eteocles and Polyneices.
(c) Laius and Oedipus.
(d) Oedipus and Eteocles.
5. Who does Eteocles call upon to fight to protect the land and the city of Thebes?
(b) The children.
(c) The woman.
(d) The man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an ode?
2. What does Eteocles compare Thebes and its land to?
3. What symbol is on Amphiaraos' shield?
4. Seven Against Thebes is structured in what form?
5. Who does the King of Thebes address in the city?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)