|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eteocles vows not to be afraid of Tydeus and does all of the following except:
(a) Ridicules the prophet.
(b) Charges Tydeus with bad judgement.
(c) Charges Tydeus with deafness.
(d) Charges Tydeus with blindness .
2. Who is the second general Eteocles sends out?
3. What imagery does the Chorus use to illustrate the situation of Eteocles and his family?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The throne.
(c) A ship.
(d) The waves.
4. Who does Eteocles send to face the third general?
5. Who is the goddess of justice?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eteocles accuse of bringing down the city's morale?
2. Women see the act of combat as something that causes ___________.
3. "White haired" women, "housewives," and young virgins are all described to be ___________.
4. What is the name of the prophet that has foreseen the armies of Argos attacking Thebes soon?
5. The principle contrast in Part 2 is between what two objects?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)