|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Gates of Thebes are there?
2. Amphiaraos is all of the following except:
(a) The one who wanted to call of the attack.
(b) A prophet.
(c) The oldest general.
(d) The 6th general.
3. "White haired" women, "housewives," and young virgins are all described to be ___________.
(a) Equal beings.
(b) Equal criminals.
(c) Equal victims.
(d) Equal culprits.
4. Who is the oldest and more experienced general in Eteocles' army?
5. Who does Eteocles accuse of bringing down the city's morale?
(b) King of Argos.
(c) King of Thebes.
(d) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. The principle contrast in Part 2 represents traditional male and female differences in the thought about __________.
2. Who does Eteocles pray to in the beginning of part 1?
3. The Chorus uses all of the following likening the destruction and violation of the city to the destruction and violation of a woman except:
4. Imagery throughout the play is based on ________.
5. The principle contrast in Part 2 is between what two objects?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)