|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of the play?
2. Who are the group of women of Thebes who rushes on in a panic?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) The Singers.
(c) The Messenger.
(d) The Farmers.
3. What does the Chorus do when they hear the sounds of attack from outside the walls?
(a) They run away.
(b) They go tell Eteocles.
(c) They hide their children.
(d) They panic.
4. Whose appearance and description of the armies is a typical device of classical Greek theatre?
(a) The king.
(b) The Scout.
(c) The blacksmith.
(d) The Chorus.
5. Who is nicknamed "Killer of many?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eteocles compare Thebes and its land to?
2. Traditionally, males are more concerned with _______.
3. The image of Thebes is considered the ______ of its citizens.
4. Who does Eteocles send to face Tydeus?
5. What news does the Scout return to Eteocles with in the beginning of part 3?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)