|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What imagery does the Chorus use to illustrate the situation of Eteocles and his family?
(a) A ship.
(b) The throne.
(c) The waves.
(d) The ocean.
2. Scout describes all of the following, in the beginning of part 3, to Eteocles except:
(a) Which gate each enemy general is set to attack.
(b) The emblem on the enemy general's shield.
(c) Each of the enemy generals.
(d) The type of horses the armies are riding on.
3. Who is nicknamed "Killer of many?"
4. The Chorus formally pray to Zeus and the other gods, asking them _____________.
(a) Who is going to be the new king.
(b) Who is going to win the battle.
(c) How should the army fight.
(d) Where they should go if the city is destroyed.
5. Who represents Eteocles' stubbornness while his shield represents Eteocles' passions?
Short Answer Questions
1. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
2. Who runs on with news that the seven powerful generals of the attacking army have performed a blood sacrifice?
3. Who represents the voice of reason and faithfulness that Eteocles should have been listening to?
4. What is the name of the fire-breathing monster on the 4th general's shield?
5. Whose appearance and description of the armies is a typical device of classical Greek theatre?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)