|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eteocles pray to in the beginning of part 1?
(c) The Scout.
2. "White haired" women, "housewives," and young virgins are all described to be ___________.
(a) Equal culprits.
(b) Equal victims.
(c) Equal criminals.
(d) Equal beings.
3. What symbol is on Amphiaraos' shield?
(a) The Spinx.
(b) The Typhon.
(d) A Dove.
4. The Chorus refers to the attacks against the city of Thebes as _______.
5. What is on Parthenopaios' shield?
(a) The Typhon.
(b) The Fury.
(c) The Spinx.
(d) The Oracle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the goddess of justice?
2. Eteocles and the Chorus express themselves through which literary element?
3. What does Eteocles compare his position to?
4. Who urges Eteocles not to "take on the violence of your brother?"
5. The Chorus uses all of the following likening the destruction and violation of the city to the destruction and violation of a woman except:
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)