|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eteocles explains that praying is not the problem of the Chorus, but the way they are praying since they are praying for what?
(a) The safety of themselves.
(b) The safety of their husbands.
(c) The safety of Eteocles.
(d) The safety of the children.
2. What is another name for the Scout?
3. Who says, "Their reports will save me from all traps and deceptions?"
(a) The Fury.
(b) The Chorus.
(d) A Scout.
4. What does Eteocles compare his position to?
(a) A Captain of a ship.
(b) A Master.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A ring leader.
5. What literary form does the Chorus use to describe the destruction and violation of the city's moral?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose appearance and description of the armies is a typical device of classical Greek theatre?
2. Traditionally, males are more concerned with _______.
3. What news does the Scout return to Eteocles with in the beginning of part 3?
4. Eteocles instructs the Chorus to pray for ________ instead of safety?
5. Who says, "The sins of the father [are] visited upon the son?"
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)