|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eteocles send to face the third general?
2. What is the genre of Seven Against Thebes?
3. Who urges Eteocles not to "take on the violence of your brother?"
(b) The Chorus.
4. What imagery does the Chorus use to illustrate the situation of Eteocles and his family?
(a) The waves.
(b) A ship.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The throne.
5. What is on Parthenopaios' shield?
(a) The Typhon.
(b) The Spinx.
(c) The Oracle.
(d) The Fury.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tydeus forbidden to cross the river?
2. Eteocles tells the men that the battle has ______.
3. What news does the Scout return to Eteocles with in the beginning of part 3?
4. Eteocles instructs the Chorus to pray for ________ instead of safety?
5. Imagery is used throughout the play to describe the _______ of women.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)