|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Eteocles considered to be an illegal king?
(a) He is not old enough to be king.
(b) He is not originally from Thebes.
(c) He broke his agreement with his brother.
(d) He is not married.
2. Who says, "When they are brave, they are insolent and intolerable, and when they are frightened, they are rash and dangerous?"
(a) The Chorus.
(c) Eteocles' soldiers.
3. Who is the second general that says that he will destroy the city whether it is the gods' will or not?
4. What does Eteocles accuse the Chorus of being?
5. Who says, "Their reports will save me from all traps and deceptions?"
(a) A Scout.
(c) The Fury.
(d) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles explains that praying is not the problem of the Chorus, but the way they are praying since they are praying for what?
2. Who vows to either kill Eteocles or drive him into exile?
3. Who represents Eteocles' stubbornness while his shield represents Eteocles' passions?
4. What term does Eteocles and the Chorus use to describe the city of Thebes?
5. Who is "unmoved by the sound of snorting horses?"
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)