|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Seven Against Thebes is structured in what form?
(c) New Age.
2. The imagery in general represents a basic element of the Greek philosophy of ________.
3. The will of the gods are metaphorically represented by _________.
(a) The Earth.
(b) The Sky.
(c) The Land.
(d) The Ocean.
4. How does Eteocles try to calm the Chorus in Part 2?
(a) He gives them a formal prayer to offer the gods.
(b) He doesn't.
(c) He tells them all is well.
(d) He tells them to get out of Thebes.
5. Eteocles vows not to be afraid of Tydeus and does all of the following except:
(a) Charges Tydeus with blindness .
(b) Charges Tydeus with bad judgement.
(c) Ridicules the prophet.
(d) Charges Tydeus with deafness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eteocles call upon to fight to protect the land and the city of Thebes?
2. What term does Eteocles and the Chorus use to describe the city of Thebes?
3. Who does Eteocle appoint as the last and head general?
4. What does the Chorus do when they hear the sounds of attack from outside the walls?
5. Who runs on with news that the seven powerful generals of the attacking army have performed a blood sacrifice?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)