|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emblem is on Tydeus' shield?
2. Who says, "The sins of the father [are] visited upon the son?"
(a) The Oracle.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Spinx.
(d) The Fury.
3. Why does the Chorus say that they come to the square to pray?
(a) So the Gods will protect Eteocles.
(b) So the Gods will protect the women.
(c) So the Gods can defend their city.
(d) So the Gods can fight the enemies.
4. Human beings are metaphorically represented by ________.
(b) The Ocean.
5. What does Eteocles compare Thebes and its land to?
(a) Their father.
(b) Their mother.
(c) Their sister.
(d) Their brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus refers to the attacks against the city of Thebes as _______.
2. Who is the King of Thebes at the opening of part 1?
3. Who does the King of Thebes address in the city?
4. What term does Eteocles and the Chorus use to describe the city of Thebes?
5. Who represents Eteocles' own blindness and bad judgment?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)