|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What imagery does the Chorus use to illustrate the situation of Eteocles and his family?
(a) The waves.
(b) The throne.
(c) The ocean.
(d) A ship.
2. How is Aktor related to Hyperbios?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are brothers-in-law.
(c) They are sisters.
(d) They are brothers.
3. The theme of the play is based on what two stories?
(a) Oedipus and Eteocles.
(b) Laius and Oedipus.
(c) Oedipus and Polyneices.
(d) Eteocles and Polyneices.
4. Who is the King of Thebes at the opening of part 1?
5. Eteocles' story and actions echo the story and actions of which other story?
(a) King of Argos.
Short Answer Questions
1. The women of Thebes pray to the gods to remember their faithfulness and protect them so they can continue to do what?
2. What symbol is on Amphiaraos' shield?
3. Who does Eteocles express his disgust with in Part 2 of the play?
4. The principle contrast in Part 2 represents traditional male and female differences in the thought about __________.
5. Who exclaims, "Their breasts exposed to the conqueror's view?"
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)