1. Who is the King of Thebes in the beginning of the Background?
2. In the opening of the Background, Laius has kidnapped, assaulted and murdered ______ son?
3. Who punishes Laius for kidnapping and murdering his friend's son?
(a) The Spinx.
(b) King of Argos.
(c) The Oracle of Apollo.
(d) King of Thebes.
4. As punishment for his crime, if Laius fathered any children, what would happen to the city of Thebes?
(a) It would be safe.
(b) It would rule all nations.
(c) It would be infested.
(d) It would be destroyed.
5. What is the name of Laius' son?
(b) Antigone .
6. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ him.
7. The Oracle foretells Laius that Oedipus would one day ______ his mother.
8. What does Laius do to baby Oedipus after hearing the Oracle foretell Oedipus' future?
(a) He cursed the baby.
(b) He blinded the baby.
(c) He killed the baby.
(d) He injured the baby's feet.
This section contains 3,620 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)