* Laius, the King of Thebes, commits a heinous crime and is cursed by the Oracle of Apollo. Laius is told that if he fathers children, the city of Thebes will be destroyed.
* Laius has one son, Oedipus, who the Oracle of Apollo foretold would one day kill his father and marry his mother. Laius injures Oedipus' feet and leaves him in the wilderness to die.
* Oedipus is found and raised by a farmer and one day kills Laius for killing his adopted father and marries his mother, Jocasta, and has four children: Eteocles, Polyneices, Antigone, and Ismene.
* It is discovered that Oedipus and Jocasta are mother and son. Oedipus blinds himself and Jocasta kills herself.
* Eteocles and Polyneices conspire to kill Oedipus in hopes that the curse on Thebes would be lifted, but Oedipus curses them before he dies.
* After Oedipus' death, Eteocles and Polyneices agree to...
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)