|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rudin's response when the FBI seizes the file about the Orion Team from his home?
2. Which of the following statements does NOT describe the Mercedes sedans Colonel Gray has obtained for the Baghdad mission?
3. How many Mercedes sedans has Colonel Gray obtained for the Baghdad mission?
4. What happens when an Iraqi Colonel at the Al Hussein Hospital in Baghdad realizes Mitch is not Uday Hussein?
5. Who chairs the committee before which Irene Kennedy is going to appear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What goes wrong with the timing of the missile attack designed to provide a diversion for the Delta Force's mission and how will could this problem potentially affect the mission?
2. Why does Colonel Gray want Mitch for the Delta Force's Baghdad mission?
3. In Chapter Twenty-Nine, why does Irene Kennedy assign Navy SEALS rather than CIA agents to guard Donatella in America?
4. Describe how Clark resolves his problem with Rudin in Chapter Forty-Seven.
5. Describe the Delta Force team's encounter with an Iraqi policeman en route to the hospital that is their destination.
6. What political scandal does Albert Rudin introduce on the Meet the Press television show?
7. Describe Jonathan Brown's meeting with Steveken in Chapter Thirty-Two.
8. What examples of Uday Hussein's cruelty does Mitch relate to the other members of his Delta Force team en route to their Baghdad destination?
9. Explain how, in Chapter Forty-Nine, Anna gets Mitch to understand the feelings she experienced in Milan when she didn't know if she would ever see him again?
10. Who approaches Anna at Leo's Restaurant in Milan in Chapter Thirty-One, and what message does he have for Anna?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Mitch's relationship with Anna and his relationship with Donatella. Is there any evidence in the story that Mitch still has romantic feelings for Donatella or that Donatella still has romantic feelings for him? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
In Separation of Power, Anna is an NBC reporter, Senator Rubin goes on Meet the Press and the Today show, Irene Kennedy's appearance at the Senate Committee hearing is televised, and the President appears at a news conference. Discuss the influence of the media in this novel. What do you think the author is trying to say about the role of the media in American politics? Cite at least three examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
What are the major themes of this novel? Discuss at least three themes. Tell what the author is trying to say about each theme and how he depicts it. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)