|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second option General Flood gives the President in Chapter Eleven for dealing with the problem at the Baghdad hospital?
2. In Chapter Six, why doesn't Mitch think he can marry Anna, have children, and live a peaceful life?
3. What aspect of Mitch's career does Anna like least because it reminds her of her childhood worries about her father?
4. What is the Orion Team?
5. When someone tries to kill Mitch in Germany, who do the clues lead to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan have Rosenthal and Sunberg worked out in Chapter Twenty-Two for assassinating Donatella?
2. Why does Freidman select Marc Rosenthal to assassinate Donatella?
3. What precautions does Donatella take prior to entering her apartment in Chapter Twenty-Three?
4. What does the way Donatella greets Mitch in Chapter Sixteen indicate about her feelings for Mitch?
5. Why does Mitch think the men who attack Donatella in her apartment are from Mossad?
6. In Chapter Eleven, how do the President's top military advisers suggest dealing with the situation in Baghdad?
7. How does Mitch manage to get away from Anna long enough to meet with Donatella?
8. What plan does Colonel Gray suggest to the President to increase the odds of the Delta Force's plan working?
9. Why does Mark Ellis oppose Irene Kennedy becoming the new CIA director?
10. How do the photos Irene Kennedy shows the President help verify the accuracy of the information Israel has provided about Saddam Hussein's nuclear weapons?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss symbolism and metaphor in Separation of Power. Give three examples of symbolism in the plays in this book and discuss what the symbols are used to convey.
Essay Topic 2
Separation of Power is primarily a political thriller. Discuss what factors in the plot, setting, themes, and characters identify this novel as a thriller. Are there any ways in which the novel is atypical for its genre? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Some aspects of Separation of Power seem well-researched, realistic and believable while other aspects of the story seem implausible. Discuss this fact and cite at least three examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)