|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many palaces do the President's military advisers say Saddam Hussein has?
2. In Chapter One, who warns Ellis NOT to mess with Irene Kennedy or the CIA if he doesn't want to end up dead?
3. How old is Donatella?
4. How does Donatella respond to Mitch's warning?
5. What do the President and his advisers decide to do about Saddam Hussein's project with Park Chow Lee?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Donatella feel she owes Ben Freidman her loyalty?
2. What happens to Mitch in Germany when he goes to assassinate Count Hagenmiller?
3. Why does Mitch Rapp want to retire from the CIA?
4. Why does Jonathan Brown want to participate in a conspiracy to bring down Irene Kennedy?
5. What plan does Colonel Gray suggest to the President to increase the odds of the Delta Force's plan working?
6. How does the fact that Saddam Hussein has hidden his nuclear weapons under a hospital complicate any mission to seize or destroy those weapons?
7. Explain the connection between Saddam Hussein and white Mercedes sedans and how the Delta Force plans to use this connection in their mission to take out Saddam's nuclear weapons.
8. What plan have Rosenthal and Sunberg worked out in Chapter Twenty-Two for assassinating Donatella?
9. What problems does Senator Hank Clark's current marriage have, and how does Clark intend to resolve these problems?
10. Why does Mark Ellis oppose Irene Kennedy becoming the new CIA director?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Mitch's relationship with Anna and his relationship with Donatella. Is there any evidence in the story that Mitch still has romantic feelings for Donatella or that Donatella still has romantic feelings for him? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
How are Middle Eastern characters depicted in the novel? Is there a difference in the way Israeli and Arabic characters are portrayed? In what ways does this depiction reflect or not reflect American politics at the time the novel was written? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Separation of Power takes place in Washington, Milan, and the Middle East, and was published in 2001. Discuss how the geographical and chronological settings affect the story and how the characters and story might differ if Vince Flynn had set the novel in the present day instead. Would the threat of nuclear weapons in Iraq be considered as great now as they were when the novel was written? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)