|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Israeli Prime Minister do once it's clear the Orion Team's mission has been a success?
(a) Thanks the President and America for being a great ally.
(b) Thanks Ben Freidman for arranging the event.
(c) Declares war on Iraq.
(d) Takes credit for the mission.
2. When Mitch walks into their room with the wounded Donatella in his arms, what does Anna initially think is wrong with Donatella?
(a) That she's dead.
(b) That she's drunk.
(c) That she's fainted.
(d) That she's got an injured leg.
3. Where does Mitch take Donatella in Chapter Twenty-Seven to wait for a doctor?
(a) To a CIA safe house.
(b) To a local hospital.
(c) To his hotel room.
(d) To the American Embassy.
4. Who does Hank Clark think will be the next President of America thanks to what Rudin reveals during his television appearance?
(a) Irene Kennedy.
(b) Albert Rudin.
(c) Hank Clark.
(d) Senator Max Jefferson of Louisiana.
5. With whom does Mitch walk out onto the dance floor at the end of the novel?
(a) Irene Kennedy.
(d) The first lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rudin want to do when he learns of the bombing of Iraq?
2. At the end of Chapter Fifty, how does Mitch get Ben Freidman to reveal the information he's been keeping secret?
3. How does Hank Clark think Rudin's television appearance will affect Irene Kennedy?
4. Why does the President insist on writing his own speech about the Orion Team's successful mission?
5. Who approaches Anna while she dines alone at Leo's in Milan?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Anna returns to the U.S. from Milan and finds that there are no voice mail messages from Mitch on her phone, what does she conclude?
2. Describe the Delta Force team's encounter with an Iraqi policeman en route to the hospital that is their destination.
3. How does Irene Kennedy advise President Hayes that they deal with the scandal Rudin unleashes?
4. In Chapter Twenty-Nine, why does Irene Kennedy assign Navy SEALS rather than CIA agents to guard Donatella in America?
5. What plan does Ben Freidman devise for dealing with Donatella in case she tells anyone about him?
6. What is the code name or nickname Colonel Gray and Kennedy use for Mitch in Chapter Twenty-Six, and what does this name indicate about Mitch and his abilities?
7. How will the Delta Force team going to Baghdad be able to blend in with Iraqi citizens once they arrive in Iraq?
8. Describe the Delta Force mission in Baghdad and explain why it is such a gamble.
9. How does Clark manipulate Rudin in Chapter Thirty-Six?
10. Why does the President want to write his own speech in Chapter Forty-Six, and why does his chief of staff not want him to write his own speech?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)