|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What contract does Irene Kennedy tell the President that Rudin has breached in his TV appearance?
(a) His contract to never appear on television.
(b) The national security non-disclosure document he signed.
(c) His employment contract.
(d) His Congressional contract.
2. With whom does Mitch walk out onto the dance floor at the end of the novel?
(a) Irene Kennedy.
(c) The first lady.
3. When Mitch returns home from Baghdad after the Orion Team's successful mission, who tries to bring up the subject of Anna with him?
(a) President Hayes.
(b) Colonel Gray.
(c) Irene Kennedy.
(d) General Flood
4. At the beginning of Chapter Twenty-Six, who does Mitch call for assistance with Donatella?
(b) General Flood.
(c) Irene Kennedy.
(d) Hank Clark.
5. At the beginning of Chapter Thirty-Two, what committee is Irene Kennedy preparing to appear before for her confirmation hearing?
(a) The Olympic Committee.
(b) The House Judiciary Committee.
(c) The Senate Intelligence Committee.
(d) The Washington Beautiful Yard Committee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before leaving her in the care of her new guards, what two things does Mitch make Donatella promise not to do?
2. When Mitch walks into their room with the wounded Donatella in his arms, what does Anna initially think is wrong with Donatella?
3. Who notifies the President of Rudin's death?
4. How does Freidman decide to handle the situation with Donatella?
5. When Ben Freidman checks Donatella's Milan flat in Chapter Thirty-Six, what does he discover?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the code name or nickname Colonel Gray and Kennedy use for Mitch in Chapter Twenty-Six, and what does this name indicate about Mitch and his abilities?
2. How will the Delta Force team going to Baghdad be able to blend in with Iraqi citizens once they arrive in Iraq?
3. What plan does Ben Freidman devise for dealing with Donatella in case she tells anyone about him?
4. How does Irene Kennedy handle herself at the confirmation hearing after Rudin's accusations on Meet the Press?
5. How does Irene Kennedy advise President Hayes that they deal with the scandal Rudin unleashes?
6. In Chapter Twenty-Nine, why does Irene Kennedy assign Navy SEALS rather than CIA agents to guard Donatella in America?
7. Why is Hank Clark's treatment of Irene Kennedy at her Senate confirmation hearing ironic?
8. Describe Jonathan Brown's meeting with Steveken in Chapter Thirty-Two.
9. In what way does Congressman Zebarth in Chapter Thirty-Seven help illustrate Washington's atmosphere of secrecy?
10. When Anna returns to the U.S. from Milan and finds that there are no voice mail messages from Mitch on her phone, what does she conclude?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)