|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the President give during his press conference for the Baghdad mission being Mitch's last mission?
(a) Mitch is switching from field work to a desk job at the CIA.
(b) Rudin's televising of Mitch's photo has blown Mitch's cover.
(c) Mitch is leaving the CIA.
(d) Mitch is leaving the country to move to Israel.
2. How many Deep Throat GBU-28B bombs does each F-111 sent on the Orion Team's mission carry?
3. Why isn't Hank Clark as shocked as he pretends to be by the news that Irene Kennedy has been running illegal operations in the Middle East?
(a) Ben Freidman has already reported that fact to him.
(b) His spies have already reported that fact to him.
(c) He is one of the senators who supported Kennedy's actions.
(d) Irene has already confided her guilt to him.
4. What does the voice mail message that Mitch leaves Anna before leaving the Middle East ask of her?
(a) Give him back her engagement ring.
(b) Pick him up at the airport.
(c) Be at his house when he returns on Wednesday.
(d) Interview him for NBC's nightly news.
5. Why does Brown think others in the CIA don't trust him?
(a) He never served in the military.
(b) He's a former judge with no experience as a spy.
(c) He once leaked a government secret to the media.
(d) He once chickened out on a mission.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Freidman does NOT receive the e-mail message he is expecting from Milan, what does Freidman fear must have happened?
2. What does Rudin take to Hank Clark in Chapter Thirty-Six?
3. In Chapter Forty-Six, why does the President take a sip of water in the middle of his speech at the press conference?
4. What happens when an Iraqi Colonel at the Al Hussein Hospital in Baghdad realizes Mitch is not Uday Hussein?
5. What job promised to Brown is being given to another?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Irene Kennedy advise President Hayes that they deal with the scandal Rudin unleashes?
2. What examples of Uday Hussein's cruelty does Mitch relate to the other members of his Delta Force team en route to their Baghdad destination?
3. Why does Mitch bring Dr. Park Chow Lee back from Baghdad with the Delta Force team?
4. In what way does Congressman Zebarth in Chapter Thirty-Seven help illustrate Washington's atmosphere of secrecy?
5. How does Irene Kennedy handle herself at the confirmation hearing after Rudin's accusations on Meet the Press?
6. Why does Colonel Gray want Mitch for the Delta Force's Baghdad mission?
7. What political scandal does Albert Rudin introduce on the Meet the Press television show?
8. Why does the President want to write his own speech in Chapter Forty-Six, and why does his chief of staff not want him to write his own speech?
9. Describe the Delta Force team's encounter with an Iraqi policeman en route to the hospital that is their destination.
10. Who approaches Anna at Leo's Restaurant in Milan in Chapter Thirty-One, and what message does he have for Anna?
This section contains 1,136 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)