|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Six, why doesn't Mitch think he can take the job Irene Kennedy has offered him?
(a) He wants to start his own business.
(b) The salary is too low.
(c) He prefers to work abroad.
(d) He doesn't think he could stand the boring routine.
2. What is the potential downside of all of General Flood's suggestions for dealing with the problem at the Baghdad hospital?
(a) Spies could leak news of the plans to Saddam Hussein.
(b) Environmental damage.
(c) War could be declared by other Arab countries.
(d) Collateral damage, i.e., the killing of innocent civilians.
3. How does Donatella respond to Mitch's warning?
(a) She kisses him because she thinks it means he loves her.
(b) She scoffs at it but heeds it.
(c) She ignores it.
(d) She heeds it.
4. In Chapter Eight, what does Rudin ask Clark to help him find?
(a) A running mate for the next election.
(b) The identity of Peter Cameron's killer.
(c) The name of a CIA mole.
(d) Evidence of Irene Kennedy's corruption.
5. In Chapter Seventeen, why does Hank Clark meet with Norb Steveken?
(a) To hire Steveken to assassinate Mitch.
(b) To hire Steveken to dig up dirt on Irene Kennedy for Rudin.
(c) To hire Steveken to assassinate Donatella.
(d) To hire Steveken to kidnap Anna.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of General Flood's suggestions would have only a ninety percent chance of success?
2. In what language does Yanta, the man in the car that has been following Donatella and Mitch, swear at Mitch in Chapter Twenty-Two?
3. In Chapter Twelve, why doesn't Hank Clark want to risk a divorce from his third wife?
4. What does Clark want Brown to do?
5. Who does Mark Ellis visit in Chapter One?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Israel's request for America to take care of Saddam Hussein's nuclear weapons essentially blackmail?
2. Describe the conspiracy in which Hank Clark wants Jonathan Brown to engage in Chapter Twelve.
3. How do the photos Irene Kennedy shows the President help verify the accuracy of the information Israel has provided about Saddam Hussein's nuclear weapons?
4. Why does Mitch think the men who attack Donatella in her apartment are from Mossad?
5. Why does Jonathan Brown want to participate in a conspiracy to bring down Irene Kennedy?
6. Explain the connection between Saddam Hussein and white Mercedes sedans and how the Delta Force plans to use this connection in their mission to take out Saddam's nuclear weapons.
7. Why does Freidman select Marc Rosenthal to assassinate Donatella?
8. Describe the coded messages Mitch uses with Donatella in Chapter Twenty-One.
9. In Chapter Seven, why does President Hayes instruct his advisers not to give Ben Freidman warm greetings?
10. What plan have Rosenthal and Sunberg worked out in Chapter Twenty-Two for assassinating Donatella?
This section contains 1,351 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)