|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hank Clark kill Rudin?
(a) He stabs him.
(b) He shoots him.
(c) He throws him out the window.
(d) He poisons him.
2. How does Hank Clark think Rudin's television appearance will affect Irene Kennedy?
(a) He thinks she'll be stripped of her role as CIA Director.
(b) He thinks she'll defect to Iraq.
(c) He doesn't think she'll be affected at all.
(d) He thinks she'll be lauded.
3. At the beginning of Chapter Thirty-One, what is Anna upset about not receiving from Mitch?
(a) A phone call.
(b) A letter saying Mitch is sorry and wants to reconcile with her.
(c) A detailed explanation of his relationship with Donatella.
(d) An engagement ring.
4. At the end of Chapter Forty-Two, how many F-111's does the U.S. send on the Orion Team's mission?
5. What is Rudin's response when the FBI seizes the file about the Orion Team from his home?
(a) He fights the FBI agents and gets shot in the process.
(b) He complains to Irene Kennedy.
(c) He complains to the President.
(d) He complains to the media and generates public support.
6. When Mitch introduces himself to Hank Clark at the bar, what secret of Clark's does he say he knows?
(a) That Clark wants to be the next President.
(b) That Clark gave Brown the file on Kennedy for Rudin.
(c) That Clark killed Rudin.
(d) That Clark paid Freidman to kill Donatella.
7. In Chapter Forty-Six, why does the President take a sip of water in the middle of his speech at the press conference?
(a) He's thirsty.
(b) To signal Irene Kennedy to stop the press conference.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) To let the tension build up in his audience.
8. Why does the President tell Colonel Gray it may be difficult to get Iron Man for the Baghdad mission?
(a) Iron Man is defecting to Cuba.
(b) Iron Man is on his honeymoon.
(c) Iron Man is recuperating from a gunshot wound.
(d) Iron Man is in the process of retiring from the field.
9. Why isn't Congressman Tim Zebarth, the man interviewing Rudin on camera, shocked by the news of Irene Kennedy's Middle East Operations?
(a) He is Irene Kennedy's friend and confidante.
(b) The President already let him know about the operations.
(c) He has always known the CIA participates in such activities.
(d) Like Hank Clark, Zebarth is a senator who supported them.
10. How many Mercedes sedans has Colonel Gray obtained for the Baghdad mission?
11. What is the President's response to Rudin's television appearance?
(a) He admires Rudin.
(b) He is amused.
(c) He's furious that Rudin has gone behind his back.
(d) He wants to have Rudin assassinated.
12. Why does Anna break up with Mitch at the end of Chapter Twenty-Seven?
(a) She thinks he still loves Donatella.
(b) She thinks he lies to her.
(c) She can't live with secrets or continual fear for his safety.
(d) She thinks he stole from her.
13. Why isn't Hank Clark as shocked as he pretends to be by the news that Irene Kennedy has been running illegal operations in the Middle East?
(a) Irene has already confided her guilt to him.
(b) He is one of the senators who supported Kennedy's actions.
(c) His spies have already reported that fact to him.
(d) Ben Freidman has already reported that fact to him.
14. Which of the following statements is NOT something Steveken tells Brown when he meets him at the park in Chapter Twenty-Eight?
(a) Rudin wants information on Irene Kennedy.
(b) Rudin has hired Steveken.
(c) Rudin thinks Brown can help Steveken's investigation.
(d) Brown is being watched by the CIA.
15. Who does Hank Clark think will be the next President of America thanks to what Rudin reveals during his television appearance?
(a) Hank Clark.
(b) Irene Kennedy.
(c) Senator Max Jefferson of Louisiana.
(d) Albert Rudin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freidman decide to handle the situation with Donatella?
2. In Chapter Thirty-Three, what does Irene Kennedy tell Mitch it means when the President paces?
3. When Hank feels unwell and falls to the floor, what does Mitch tell him is happening?
4. At the beginning of Chapter Thirty-Two, what committee is Irene Kennedy preparing to appear before for her confirmation hearing?
5. What does President Hayes tell the media about Rudin during his press conference in Chapter Forty-Six?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)