|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Rudin angry when he shows up at Hank Clark's office in Chapter Forty-Three?
(a) He thinks Clark should have been tougher on Irene Kennedy.
(b) He thinks Clark owes him money.
(c) He thinks Clark gave him false information.
(d) He thinks Clark should have gone on television with him.
2. Who approaches Anna while she dines alone at Leo's in Milan?
(a) An Australian tourist.
(b) A waiter who wants to ask her out.
(c) Tino Nanne, who works at the U.S. consulate in Milan.
(d) Ben Freidman.
3. How does Hank Clark kill Rudin?
(a) He poisons him.
(b) He throws him out the window.
(c) He stabs him.
(d) He shoots him.
4. In Chapter Forty-Six, how does the President describe Mitch during his press conference?
(a) As an Iraqi spy.
(b) As a hero & leader of the Baghdad mission.
(c) As a victim of terrorists.
(d) As a criminal.
5. What does Rudin accuse Irene Kennedy of during his television appearance?
(d) Committing perjury.
6. At the beginning of Chapter Thirty-Four, what does Mitch think will happen if he and Anna are meant to be together?
(a) Anna will call him and apologize.
(b) Anna will accept his job and all its inherent danger.
(c) He and Anna will run into each other somewhere.
(d) Anna will be waiting when he gets back from Iraq.
7. What does the voice mail message that Mitch leaves Anna before leaving the Middle East ask of her?
(a) Pick him up at the airport.
(b) Be at his house when he returns on Wednesday.
(c) Interview him for NBC's nightly news.
(d) Give him back her engagement ring.
8. When Mitch walks into their room with the wounded Donatella in his arms, what does Anna initially think is wrong with Donatella?
(a) That she's got an injured leg.
(b) That she's drunk.
(c) That she's dead.
(d) That she's fainted.
9. Who does Ben Freidman say hired him to kill Peter Cameron?
(a) Irene Kennedy.
(b) Marc Ellis.
(c) Hank Clark.
(d) President Hayes.
10. Why isn't Congressman Tim Zebarth, the man interviewing Rudin on camera, shocked by the news of Irene Kennedy's Middle East Operations?
(a) The President already let him know about the operations.
(b) He has always known the CIA participates in such activities.
(c) He is Irene Kennedy's friend and confidante.
(d) Like Hank Clark, Zebarth is a senator who supported them.
11. Who notifies the President of Rudin's death?
(a) Irene Kennedy.
(d) Hank Clark.
12. Why doesn't Irene use CIA men to guard Donatella?
(a) Donatella refuses to have any guards.
(b) She thinks Donatella can guard herself.
(c) She thinks CIA men are inept guards.
(d) Freidman has spies in the CIA who might kill Donatella.
13. At the beginning of Chapter Thirty-Two, what committee is Irene Kennedy preparing to appear before for her confirmation hearing?
(a) The Olympic Committee.
(b) The Washington Beautiful Yard Committee.
(c) The House Judiciary Committee.
(d) The Senate Intelligence Committee.
14. Whose picture does Rudin show on camera, claiming the person has killed over twenty people?
(b) Irene Kennedy's.
(c) Ben Freidman's.
15. Who chairs the committee before which Irene Kennedy is going to appear?
(a) Albert Ruddin.
(b) President Hayes.
(c) Hank Clark.
(d) Senator Jentworth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Hank Clark to tell him about the imminent U.S. bombing of Iraq?
2. Why does Brown think others in the CIA don't trust him?
3. Why does Colonel Gray want Iron Man to join the Baghdad mission?
4. Who does Mitch tell Colonel Gray and the members of the Delta Force team he can impersonate during their Baghdad mission?
5. When Freidman does NOT receive the e-mail message he is expecting from Milan, what does Freidman fear must have happened?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)