|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose funeral does Irene Kennedy attend in the opening scene of Separation of Power?
(a) Thomas Stanfield's, the Director of the CIA.
(b) Her husband, Jeff's.
(c) Her father's.
(d) The President of the United States.
2. If the U.S. fails to take action as Israel desires in Chapter Seven, what will Israel do?
(a) Ask Russia to be their ally in this mission instead.
(b) Go to war with the U.S.
(c) Complain to the United Nations delegates.
(d) Take action themselves to destroy Iraq's nuclear weapons.
3. In Chapter Six, why doesn't Mitch think he can take the job Irene Kennedy has offered him?
(a) The salary is too low.
(b) He wants to start his own business.
(c) He prefers to work abroad.
(d) He doesn't think he could stand the boring routine.
4. How much money does Donatella tell Mitch she got paid for killing Peter Cameron?
(a) Half a million dollars.
(b) Fifty thousand dollars.
(c) Ten thousand dollars.
(d) One million dollars.
5. What is Jonathan Brown's position with the CIA?
(a) He's a supervisor.
(b) He's a brand new recruit.
(c) He's a former CIA agent.
(d) He's the deputy director.
6. What is the potential downside of all of General Flood's suggestions for dealing with the problem at the Baghdad hospital?
(a) Collateral damage, i.e., the killing of innocent civilians.
(b) Spies could leak news of the plans to Saddam Hussein.
(c) War could be declared by other Arab countries.
(d) Environmental damage.
7. What happens to Donatella in Chapter Twenty-Two as she enters the living room of her apartment?
(a) She has a seizure.
(b) She falls and sprains an ankle.
(c) She is beaten in the head and knocked unconscious.
(d) She is shot and wounded.
8. In Chapter Eleven, what is the physical description given for General Flood?
(a) He has thick black glasses and a dark mustache.
(b) He is short, thin, and balding.
(c) He has a big nose and a scar on his left cheek.
(d) He is six feet four and weighs almost three hundred pounds.
9. What kind of job does Irene Kennedy offer Mitch in Chapter Four?
(a) A desk job at the CIA.
(b) Assassinating Saddam Hussein.
(c) Planting a bomb in one of Saddam Hussein's cars.
(d) Infiltrating a terrorist cell in Baghdad.
10. How old is Donatella?
11. Why does the President hesitate to bomb the Baghdad hospital to destroy what Saddam Hussein has hidden underneath it?
(a) He secretly supports Saddam Hussein.
(b) He isn't convinced Saddam's hiding anything under it.
(c) He doesn't want to kill the innocent people inside.
(d) He doesn't want to start a war.
12. In Chapter Thirteen, what gift does Mitch buy at Tiffany's for Anna?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A designer dress.
(c) A gold bracelet.
(d) A fur coat.
13. Why doesn't Donatella want to tell Mitch who hired her to kill Cameron?
(a) She doesn't know who hired her, as it was done via email.
(b) She doesn't trust Mitch.
(c) She fears doing so would cost her life.
(d) She senses her life in Milan will end if she does.
14. When someone tries to kill Mitch in Germany, who do the clues lead to?
(b) Irene Kennedy.
(c) Ben Freidman.
(d) Former CIA agent Peter Cameron.
15. At the beginning of Chapter Sixteen, where is Donatella?
(a) In her office at the House of Armani.
(b) On a Caribbean cruise ship.
(c) At a beach in Acapulco.
(d) On a plane to New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mitch's dog?
2. In what field does Park Chow Lee have a Ph.D.?
3. What is the Orion Team?
4. What aspect of Mitch's career does Anna like least because it reminds her of her childhood worries about her father?
5. What is Mitch's profession?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)