|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements is NOT a reason Ben Freidman uses in selecting the assassin to kill Donatella?
(a) The assassin is loyal to him.
(b) The assassin has never worked with Donatella.
(c) The assassin is an ex-lover of Donatella's.
(d) The assassin is good at what he does.
2. What does Ben Freidman say Israel wants the U.S. to do about the problem he's come to reveal?
(a) Give Israel money.
(b) Support Freidman's attack on Saddam Hussein's palace.
(c) Destroy Saddam's nuclear weapons.
(d) Go to war with Palestine.
3. In Chapter Eleven, what is the physical description given for General Flood?
(a) He is short, thin, and balding.
(b) He is six feet four and weighs almost three hundred pounds.
(c) He has thick black glasses and a dark mustache.
(d) He has a big nose and a scar on his left cheek.
4. What does Irene Kennedy think is the reason for Freidman's visit to the President?
(a) Something to do with Baghdad.
(b) A planned assassination of the President by Iraq.
(c) A Palestinian terrorist living in Chicago.
(d) A planned terrorist attack in the U.S.
5. How does Donatella respond to Mitch's warning?
(a) She heeds it.
(b) She ignores it.
(c) She scoffs at it but heeds it.
(d) She kisses him because she thinks it means he loves her.
6. What is Saddam Hussein getting from Park Chow Lee and North Korea in exchange for Iraqi oil?
(b) Nuclear weapons.
7. How much money does Donatella tell Mitch she got paid for killing Peter Cameron?
(a) One million dollars.
(b) Ten thousand dollars.
(c) Half a million dollars.
(d) Fifty thousand dollars.
8. What is the second option General Flood gives the President in Chapter Eleven for dealing with the problem at the Baghdad hospital?
(a) Germ warfare.
(b) Poisoning the hospital's water.
(c) F117A stealth fighters.
(d) M16 rifles and tanks.
9. When someone tries to kill Mitch in Germany, who do the clues lead to?
(a) Former CIA agent Peter Cameron.
(b) Irene Kennedy.
(c) Ben Freidman.
10. What is the potential downside of all of General Flood's suggestions for dealing with the problem at the Baghdad hospital?
(a) Environmental damage.
(b) Collateral damage, i.e., the killing of innocent civilians.
(c) Spies could leak news of the plans to Saddam Hussein.
(d) War could be declared by other Arab countries.
11. What kind of work did Brown do before he became involved with the CIA?
(a) He was a college professor.
(b) He was a cop.
(c) He was a federal judge.
(d) He was an athlete.
12. When Steveken visits Rudin's office, why does Rudin lead him out of the office to meet at a nearby coffee shop instead?
(a) Rudin fears his office is bugged.
(b) Rudin craves caffeine.
(c) Rudin wants to spy on someone in the coffee shop.
(d) Rudin is uncomfortable talking in his own office.
13. What do the President and his advisers decide to do about Saddam Hussein's project with Park Chow Lee?
(a) Report it to the media.
(b) Destroy the nuclear weapons as Israel requests.
(c) Ignore it.
(d) Let Israel handle the problem.
14. Why doesn't Donatella want to tell Mitch who hired her to kill Cameron?
(a) She fears doing so would cost her life.
(b) She senses her life in Milan will end if she does.
(c) She doesn't trust Mitch.
(d) She doesn't know who hired her, as it was done via email.
15. What do the President's military advisers think Ben Freidman wants to see the President about in Chapter Seven?
(a) Mitch's retirement.
(b) A terrorist bombing in northern Ireland.
(c) They don't know.
(d) The nomination of Irene Kennedy as the new CIA director.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her early twenties, what did Donatella do for a living?
2. Where does Chapter One take place?
3. What is Jonathan Brown's position with the CIA?
4. What is Mark Ellis' profession?
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the videotape that Irene Kennedy plays for Mitch in Chapter Four?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)