|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clark want Brown to do?
(a) Kill Mitch.
(b) Kidnap Donatella.
(c) Kill Irene Kennedy.
(d) Meet a man looking for proof that Irene Kennedy is corrupt.
2. In Chapter Eleven, what is the physical description given for General Flood?
(a) He has a big nose and a scar on his left cheek.
(b) He is short, thin, and balding.
(c) He has thick black glasses and a dark mustache.
(d) He is six feet four and weighs almost three hundred pounds.
3. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the videotape that Irene Kennedy plays for Mitch in Chapter Four?
(a) Irene knows the person's name.
(b) The person in the video is a man.
(c) The person in the video is a woman.
(d) Mitch denies knowing who the person in the video is.
4. What is Mitch's profession?
(a) He's a veterinarian.
(b) He's a counter-terrorist for the CIA.
(c) He's a senator.
(d) He's a reporter.
5. What kind of cars do the President's advisers say leave Saddam Hussein's palaces each day, carrying Saddam and his sons around Baghdad?
(a) Black Lincolns.
(b) Silver Porches.
(c) Black Cadillacs.
(d) White Mercedes.
6. Where does Park Chow Lee work?
(a) The CIA.
(b) A Baghdad hospital.
(c) Senator Hank Clark's office.
(d) In a North Korean hotel.
7. What does Mitch purchase for Donatella in Chapter Sixteen before surprising her in her office?
(a) An umbrella.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A bottle of French perfume.
(d) A bouquet of yellow roses.
8. What does the language that Yanta swears at Mitch in indicate?
(a) That Saddam Hussein is behind the attack on Donatella.
(b) That the Russians are behind the attack on Donatella.
(c) That Park Chow Lee is behind the attack on Donatella.
(d) That Mossad is behind the attack on Donatella.
9. In what language does Yanta, the man in the car that has been following Donatella and Mitch, swear at Mitch in Chapter Twenty-Two?
10. How much money does Donatella tell Mitch she got paid for killing Peter Cameron?
(a) Ten thousand dollars.
(b) Half a million dollars.
(c) Fifty thousand dollars.
(d) One million dollars.
11. How old is Donatella?
12. When Mitch squeezes Donatella's hand in three quick successions in Chapter Twenty-One, what does his gesture signify?
(a) That he wants to kiss her.
(b) That someone's watching them.
(c) That they should get their guns ready.
(d) That he fears someone's listening to their conversation.
13. How much money does Hank Clark offer Ben Freidman?
14. Who is the commanding officer of the Delta Force that meets President Hayes in Chapter Eighteen?
(a) Ben Freidman.
(b) General Flood.
(d) Colonel Gray.
15. In Chapter Eight, what does Rudin ask Clark to help him find?
(a) The name of a CIA mole.
(b) Evidence of Irene Kennedy's corruption.
(c) The identity of Peter Cameron's killer.
(d) A running mate for the next election.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mitch's dog?
2. What kind of work did Brown do before he became involved with the CIA?
3. What is Saddam Hussein getting from Park Chow Lee and North Korea in exchange for Iraqi oil?
4. At the beginning of Chapter Sixteen, where is Donatella?
5. In Chapter Six, why doesn't Mitch think he can marry Anna, have children, and live a peaceful life?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)