|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the President hesitate to bomb the Baghdad hospital to destroy what Saddam Hussein has hidden underneath it?
(a) He doesn't want to kill the innocent people inside.
(b) He doesn't want to start a war.
(c) He secretly supports Saddam Hussein.
(d) He isn't convinced Saddam's hiding anything under it.
2. Who does Mark Ellis visit in Chapter One?
(a) President Hayes.
(b) Congressman Albert Rudin.
(d) Senator Hank Clark.
3. If the U.S. fails to take action as Israel desires in Chapter Seven, what will Israel do?
(a) Ask Russia to be their ally in this mission instead.
(b) Complain to the United Nations delegates.
(c) Take action themselves to destroy Iraq's nuclear weapons.
(d) Go to war with the U.S.
4. What is Mark Ellis' financial status?
(a) He's bankrupt.
(b) He's a working class man barely making a living.
(c) He's a millionaire.
(d) He's a billionaire.
5. In Chapter Six, why doesn't Mitch think he can take the job Irene Kennedy has offered him?
(a) He wants to start his own business.
(b) He prefers to work abroad.
(c) The salary is too low.
(d) He doesn't think he could stand the boring routine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mitch's dog?
2. What do the President and his advisers decide to do about Saddam Hussein's project with Park Chow Lee?
3. Which of General Flood's suggestions would have only a ninety percent chance of success?
4. In Chapter Eight, what does Rudin ask Clark to help him find?
5. In Chapter Eleven, what is the physical description given for General Flood?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)