|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peggy Jean has what of her own at the rehab facility?
2. What does Peggy Jean think she should buy for Nikki as a thank-you for taking care of her family?
3. What breath freshener does Peggy Jean keep handy?
4. The young man who helps the actors stay erect between scenes is called what?
5. When Ricky walks in on Nikki and John in bed, what does he ask if they can have for dinner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ricky expresses his anger towards his mother anonymously, posing as a fan of Peggy Jean's. Why do you think he chose this method? What are some other ways he could have let his frustration be known? How might the plot have changed if he used those methods instead?
Essay Topic 2
In class, you discussed the novel's setting of a shopping channel. How does the setting affect or influence the novel's plot developments? What points in the novel are highly impacted by the setting? What points would be similar if the novel had another main setting, such as a television news network or a customer call center for a cell phone company?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author employ irony in the novel? Is it used effectively, ineffectively, or both?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)