|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Adele she doesn't have any Native American ancestors after all?
2. John tells the psychiatrist he can't imagine Peggy Jean as a _____.
3. Bebe buys books about what subject after opening her credit card bill?
4. Max sees an interview with a pornography star on whose show?
5. Who had Peggy Jean called when she saw what was on her lawn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The word "hypocrisy" is not reserved for talking about religion, though that is one of its most frequent usages. Do you think that any characters could be called hypocritical? Defend your response.
Essay Topic 2
The novel often mentions beverages when describing scenes. Examine what beverages are mentioned and what purpose that serves. Purposes will be different in different scenes. For example, the latte that Miguel spills on Max has a very different function than the sip of Lemon Zinger tea Trish has in the staff room.
Essay Topic 3
Class discussions have covered a number of the novel's themes: marriage; responsibility; appearances; addiction; societal taboos; and ethnicity. Which of those themes (as well as any others discussed) do you feel is the strongest or most prevalent in the novel? Use examples and quotes from the novel to support your argument.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)