|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John ask Peggy Jean to take their sons so that he is left alone at home?
2. What kind of business does Eliot own?
3. What is the name of the jewelry line that the royal's picture is being used to sell?
4. Who is the program host that had trouble with food sticking to non-stick cookware during a show?
5. Which magazine runs a story about Max after he loses his job at Sellevision?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bebe so popular among the channel's hosts once she and Eliot begin dating?
2. After her time in rehab, what type of volunteer work does Peggy Jean start doing and why is this significant?
3. Why does Leigh worry about Peggy Jane?
4. How does Peggy Jean respond the first two times to the sender of the critical e-mails?
5. What is the impression that you have of shopping television networks after reading the first six chapters?
6. In the car on the way to the movies, why do you think Ricky uses gestures behind Peggy Jean's back to express how he's feeling towards her, instead of telling her?
7. Why do you think Peggy Jean's stalker keeps saying that Peggy Jean is hairy?
8. Why does Max feel reassured after buying his copy of "Backstage"?
9. What is significant about the gift that Eliot sends to Bebe after their first date?
10. Why does Bebe compare her relationship with Eliot to that of Peggy Jean and John?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Before Peggy Jean's husband John begins his affair with their neighbor Nikki, there are hints that his interest is not focused on his wife. Describe at least three of these hints and explain how they foreshadow his relationship with Nikki.
Essay Topic 2
Ricky expresses his anger towards his mother anonymously, posing as a fan of Peggy Jean's. Why do you think he chose this method? What are some other ways he could have let his frustration be known? How might the plot have changed if he used those methods instead?
Essay Topic 3
What is Bebe's approach to selling items on Sellevision, and why does it work? Compare Bebe's style of selling to that of another character, such as Peggy Jean or Trish. Can you think of any current television hosts or celebrities that employ the same approaches?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)