|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max think his one-night stand resembles the morning after?
2. What is the occupation of Bebe's internet date?
3. Who is in the audience of the show when the bodily exposure takes place?
4. Where is Max recognized in public by a little girl?
5. What does Leigh try to write to express her feelings about Howard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Now that you have read twelve chapters of the book, who do you believe is sending the e-mails to Peggy Jean?
2. Why do you think the shopping channels want hosts who are from different ethnic backgrounds?
3. What do you think of Leigh's memorable jewelry broadcast?
4. Why do you think Peggy Jean's stalker keeps saying that Peggy Jean is hairy?
5. Do you think that Leigh is right to be worried about Peggy Jean?
6. Why do you think Peggy Jean selected the film "Gone With the Wind" to take the boys to?
7. Why does Bebe compare her relationship with Eliot to that of Peggy Jean and John?
8. Describe the show on Sellevision that Max sees after his interview with E-Z-Shop.
9. What are some of the innuendos in the first three chapters?
10. Why does Leigh worry about Peggy Jane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Peggy Jean is not the only mother mentioned in the book. Don discusses his mother, as does Max. How are these mothers, as well as others, characterized?
Essay Topic 2
Before Peggy Jean's husband John begins his affair with their neighbor Nikki, there are hints that his interest is not focused on his wife. Describe at least three of these hints and explain how they foreshadow his relationship with Nikki.
Essay Topic 3
Select at least two characters and analyze their names. Do they give readers clues to their personalities, foreshadow plot developments or make some sort of cultural commentary or critique?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)