|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Max sees a show segment where people can call in to sponsor ______.
2. Who assures Peggy Jean that her body is normal?
3. Who did Max believe his one-night stand resembled the night before?
4. Where does John ask Peggy Jean to take their sons so that he is left alone at home?
5. While everyone else is at a staff meeting, Adele Oswald Crawley is selling which item during a broadcast?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peggy Jean react to the e-mail from Zoe that says that she has a mustache?
2. Why does Max's agent let him go?
3. Why does Leigh believe Howard has given her more on-air hours after his return from his vacation with his wife?
4. After her time in rehab, what type of volunteer work does Peggy Jean start doing and why is this significant?
5. Why does Leigh worry about Peggy Jane?
6. Why is Max fired from the channel?
7. Why is Don upset after a difficult cooking segment?
8. Why do you think Peggy Jean's stalker keeps saying that Peggy Jean is hairy?
9. Now that you have read twelve chapters of the book, who do you believe is sending the e-mails to Peggy Jean?
10. What reason does Ricky give to Peggy Jean for having pretended to be Zoe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The tone of the novel is biting social commentary masked in humor that is often sarcastic, with occasional serious moments or scenes. How would the novel be different if it was written in a solely serious tone? When writing your response, consider how character development, plot events, and reader reception would be affected by a change in the novel's tone.
Essay Topic 2
How does Peggy Jean treat her family for the majority of the novel? What are her expectations and requirements of them, and how do they respond to her?
Essay Topic 3
Peggy Jean is not the only mother mentioned in the book. Don discusses his mother, as does Max. How are these mothers, as well as others, characterized?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)