|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which movie does Peggy Jean take her sons?
(a) Little Mermaid.
(b) The Wizard of Oz.
(c) Gone With the Wind.
2. Which channel host is fired at the very beginning of the book?
3. Who did Max believe his one-night stand resembled the night before?
(a) Mel Gibson.
(b) Russell Crowe.
(c) Harrison Ford.
(d) Tommy Lee Jones.
4. In Chapter Five, what is Nikki doing when John sees her?
(b) Taking out the trash.
(c) Mowing the grass.
(d) Planting flowers.
5. Of what does Max believe that much of life consists?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who recognizes Max while he's traveling for an interview in Chapter Three?
2. John arranges to have an evening alone with whom?
3. Which of Max's family members is dead?
4. When feeling upset over her relationship with Howard, Leigh immerses herself in what type of television show?
5. What was Bebe's father's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What concern does Bebe have about her new relationship with Eliot as they are on the Concorde on the way to Paris for a date?
2. Why do you think Peggy Jean selected the film "Gone With the Wind" to take the boys to?
3. What does a fellow patient in rehab tell Peggy Jean is the real reason Peggy Jean became an addict?
4. What is the general public's reaction to Max's indecent exposure?
5. What is the impression that you have of shopping television networks after reading the first six chapters?
6. Why do you think the shopping channels want hosts who are from different ethnic backgrounds?
7. What is ironic about the name of the motel where John and Nikki have a rendezvous?
8. Describe the relationship between Howard and Leigh once Leigh learns that Howard is going on vacation with his wife.
9. How would you expect John to react to disturbing information Nikki shares with him after they have been intimate?
10. How does Max feel about possibly becoming a porn star?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)