|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sadie like to sleep?
2. How does Howard's wife describe her decision to get a divorce?
3. Why did a man in 'Beyond' roll his car on his wedding day?
4. How long did the Sartoris family live in their home in 'There Was a Queen'?
5. What cut Buck's education short?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main motivation of Miss Jenny in 'There Was a Queen'?
2. What would have happened had Captain Bogards risky move in 'Turnabout' not succeeded?
3. Who is the judge in 'Beyond' surrounded by when he dies, and why?
4. How does Faulkner describe the quiet in the Sartoris house?
5. What does Mildred do when she first sees Buck after their affair in 'Honor'?
6. What did the president in 'Lo' purchase for his servants, and why?
7. What does Buck receive six months after his affair is revealed to Howard?
8. What happens during the air show after the affair between Buck and Mildred is revealed?
9. What does the woman with the boy in 'Beyond' say when she sees the picture of the judge's son?
10. Why does Captain Bogard miss seeing the hit on the Argentinian ship in 'Turnabout'?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did the President in 'Lo' want his servants to do, and what did this request reveal about his character?
Essay Topic 2
Betrayal was a theme introduced in many of these stories. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plots, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
These stories place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plots. Why might Faulkner have chosen these particular places for the stories to take place?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)