|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Snopes's son's nickname?
2. Where are most of the stories of Emily told?
(a) Her wedding.
(b) Her funeral.
(c) Her father's funeral.
(d) Her birthday party.
3. What is Snopes supposed to clean when he first becomes a tenant farmer?
(a) A rug.
(b) A shanty.
(c) A mantel piece.
(d) The farming equipment.
4. What is the man called when he says he does not believe Minne Cooper was raped?
(a) A "traitor".
(b) A "Yankee".
(c) A "nigger lover".
(d) A "coward".
5. How far from the brothers' house does the younger brother walk when his older brother joins the military?
(a) 22 miles.
(b) 12 miles.
(c) 32 miles.
(d) 42 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a discussed option for dealing with the slaves in 'Red 'Leaves'?
2. Why does the Indian chief in 'Red Leaves' sell his slaves?
3. What about Emily did people compare to men?
4. What was the title of Emily's father?
5. What crop is Snopes to pay in, to make up for the damage his wife does when moving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emily do when she turns 40 to giver herself some release?
2. How does Pete's mother feel when he says he wants to join the Army in 'Two Soldiers'?
3. What does the chief justice tell Snopes to do after his case is thrown out?
4. How do the brothers in 'Two Soldiers' hear about Pearl Harbor?
5. What story does Nancy tell the children in 'That Evening Sun' when they stay at her house?
6. What do men find in the upper story of Emily's house when she dies?
7. What happens when McLendon gets home after the murder in 'Dry September'?
8. What do the hunters say when they find the runaway slave in 'Red Leaves'?
9. What other accusation has Minne Cooper made in the past?
10. Why does Emily's father not have to pay taxes on his house?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)