|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Indians do when pondering what to do with their slaves?
2. How old was Emily when she died?
3. What is De Spain's title?
4. Who let people inside the house when Emily died?
(a) The mayor.
(c) The servant.
(d) A cousin.
5. How did Jesus get his big scar?
(a) A car crash.
(b) A knife fight.
(c) A fire.
(d) A dog attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is a name of an Indian on 'Red Leaves'?
2. What does the younger brother refuse from the older woman in 'Two Soldiers'?
3. Where is the big scar on Jesus?
4. What did Emily buy from a pharmacy after her relationship ended?
5. What is Snopes supposed to clean when he first becomes a tenant farmer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the chief justice tell Snopes to do after his case is thrown out?
2. What are some of the options discussed for dealing with the slaves in 'Red Leaves'?
3. What do the hunters say when they find the runaway slave in 'Red Leaves'?
4. What does Emily do when she turns 40 to giver herself some release?
5. What story does Nancy tell the children in 'That Evening Sun' when they stay at her house?
6. What do men find in the upper story of Emily's house when she dies?
7. What is the most unsettling thing about the story 'Dry September'?
8. How does Pete's mother feel when he says he wants to join the Army in 'Two Soldiers'?
9. What does the older brother in 'Two Soldiers' do when he sees his younger brother at the recruitment center?
10. What does De Spain demand when Snopes's wife further increases the insult her husband made to De Spain on his first day working?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)