|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Emily buy from a pharmacy after her relationship ended?
2. Where does the older brother in 'Two Soldiers' plan to join the military?
(d) Fort Collins.
3. What does the leader of the mob in 'Dry September' put on the night table when he gets home?
(a) A bloody rope.
(b) A revolver.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A white hood.
4. What is Hawkshaw's occupation?
5. How many shots does Snopes's son hear after he announces that a barn is burning?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of the brothers' father in 'Two Soldiers'?
2. What color is everything inside De Spain's mansion in 'Barn Burning'?
3. What about Emily did people compare to men?
4. How old was Emily when she began giving lessons?
5. How far does the younger brother in 'Two Soldiers' ride a bus to find his brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Moketubba have a fascination with?
2. What happens when Nancy tries to kill herself in 'That Evening Sun'?
3. What does the runaway slave in 'Red Leaves' do to escape?
4. What happens when McLendon gets home after the murder in 'Dry September'?
5. What are some of the options discussed for dealing with the slaves in 'Red Leaves'?
6. What does Emily buy from a pharmacy after her father dies, and what do the townspeople think about that in 'A Rose For Emily'?
7. How does Pete's mother feel when he says he wants to join the Army in 'Two Soldiers'?
8. What does a policeman in Jefferson do when he sees the younger brother there alone in 'Two Soldiers'?
9. Why is Snopes let free at the end of his trial at the beginning of 'Barn Burning'?
10. What do the hunters say when they find the runaway slave in 'Red Leaves'?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)