|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator of 'That Evening Sun'?
2. What are the Indians in 'Red Leaves' looking for?
(a) The buffalo herd.
(b) A runaway slave.
(c) New squaws.
(d) A new camping ground.
3. Where is the older brother in 'Two Soldiers' sent for training?
(b) Little Rock.
(c) San Antonio.
4. What does Snopes's wife use to clean when they first are employed by De Spain?
(a) Baking powder.
5. What does the younger brother in in 'Two Soldiers' do when some soldiers laugh at him?
(a) Pulls out a knife.
(c) Runs away.
6. How does the younger brother in 'Two Soldiers' get home at the end of the story?
(a) He rides the bus.
(b) He walks.
(c) The older woman drives him.
(d) He is taken home in a military vehicle.
7. What is Snopes accused of?
8. What word does the author use to describe the mob in 'Dry September'?
(a) Blood thirsty.
9. What is Snopes's first name?
10. How old is the younger brother in 'Two Soldiers'?
11. Why does the Indian chief in 'Red Leaves' sell his slaves?
(a) They get intimidated.
(b) They get too populated.
(c) They lose some of their land.
(d) They need some money.
12. What do the Indians do when pondering what to do with their slaves?
13. Who was thought to have raped Minne Cooper?
(a) Wilton Matheson.
(b) William Maynard.
(c) Weston Mills.
(d) Will Maynes.
14. Why did the Indian Chief in 'Red Leaves' get slaves to begin with?
(a) All of these.
(b) To hunt.
(c) To clear land.
(d) To cook meals.
15. What was the name of Emily's suitor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What portion of her house did Emily lock up?
2. What does the leader of the mob in 'Dry September' put on the night table when he gets home?
3. What was the title of Emily's father?
4. What do the Indians in 'Red Leaves' say smells different among different races?
5. Why does the younger brother in 'Two Soldiers' go to the recruitment center?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)