|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Snopes accused of?
2. What word does the author use to describe the mob in 'Dry September'?
(d) Blood thirsty.
3. What is the name of Snopes's boss?
(a) Major Harold.
(b) Justice Henry.
(c) Mr. Harris.
(d) Dr. Hansen.
4. How old is the younger brother in 'Two Soldiers'?
5. Where is the big scar on Jesus?
(a) His face.
(b) His leg.
(c) His torso.
(d) His shoulder.
6. Which of these is a name of an Indian on 'Red Leaves'?
(a) Three Baskets.
(b) One Soul.
(c) Two Horses.
(d) Four Weavers.
7. What color is everything inside De Spain's mansion in 'Barn Burning'?
8. How many shots does Snopes's son hear after he announces that a barn is burning?
9. What bodily function do the Indians in 'Red Leaves' say is unhealthy?
(c) Bowel movements.
10. What is the name of the narrator's brother in 'That Evening Sun'?
11. How does the younger brother in 'Two Soldiers' get home at the end of the story?
(a) He is taken home in a military vehicle.
(b) He walks.
(c) The older woman drives him.
(d) He rides the bus.
12. Who was thought to have raped Minne Cooper?
(a) Wilton Matheson.
(b) Will Maynes.
(c) William Maynard.
(d) Weston Mills.
13. What is done to Hawkshaw before the murder in 'Dry September'?
(a) He is threatened.
(b) He is charged with treason.
(c) He is knocked out.
(d) He is kicked out of the car.
14. What does a banker owe Dilsey's replacement?
15. Why is the case against Snopes thrown out?
(a) There is a conflict of interest in the case.
(b) He is proven innocent.
(c) There is no substantiating evidence.
(d) He pays off the judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far from the brothers' house does the younger brother walk when his older brother joins the military?
2. Where is the supposed rape of Minne Cooper discussed?
3. What is Snopes's first name?
4. What is the occupation of the brothers' father in 'Two Soldiers'?
5. Why does the older brother in 'Two Soldiers' say the younger brother should not join the military?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)