|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dilsey's occupation in 'That Evening Sun'?
(a) Wood cutter.
(d) Mill operator.
2. What does the author describe as lidless at the end of 'Dry September'?
(b) The moon.
3. How far from the brothers' house does the younger brother walk when his older brother joins the military?
(a) 12 miles.
(b) 32 miles.
(c) 22 miles.
(d) 42 miles.
4. What word does the author use to describe the mob in 'Dry September'?
(a) Blood thirsty.
5. How old was Emily when she began giving lessons?
6. How does the imprisoned woman in 'That Evening Sun' try to kill herself?
(a) She shoots herself.
(b) She takes some poison.
(c) She hangs herself.
(d) She slits her wrists.
7. Which of these is a name of an Indian on 'Red Leaves'?
(a) Two Horses.
(b) One Soul.
(c) Four Weavers.
(d) Three Baskets.
8. What is Snopes's son's nickname?
9. Where are most of the stories of Emily told?
(a) Her father's funeral.
(b) Her birthday party.
(c) Her wedding.
(d) Her funeral.
10. What is Snopes accused of?
11. Who substitutes for Dilsey?
12. What does Snopes use to burn down De Spain's barn?
13. Where was the older brother in 'Two Soldiers' when he heard about Pearl Harbor?
(a) At his neighbor's house.
(b) At the market.
(c) In a train station.
(d) In his house.
14. What does the older woman do for the younger brother in 'Two Soldiers'?
(a) Feeds him dinner.
(b) Buys a bus ticket.
(c) Listens to him.
(d) All of these.
15. What crop is Snopes to pay in, to make up for the damage his wife does when moving?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Indians in 'Red Leaves' say smells different among different races?
2. Who was thought to have raped Minne Cooper?
3. What does the leader of the mob in 'Dry September' put on the night table when he gets home?
4. What is Snopes supposed to clean when he first becomes a tenant farmer?
5. Why does the Indian chief in 'Red Leaves' sell his slaves?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)