|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Rose for Emily.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Emily did people compare to men?
(a) Her stature.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her voice.
(d) Her clothing.
2. What was found in the locked room after Emily's death?
(a) A rose.
(b) A corpse.
(c) A portrait.
(d) A coffin.
3. What is the occupation of the brothers' father in 'Two Soldiers'?
4. Who tries to send the younger brother in 'Two Soldiers' home when he runs away from home?
(a) The recruiter.
(b) A police officer.
(c) An older woman.
(d) The older brother.
5. What did Emily's neighbors complain of to the authorities?
(a) Strange noises at night.
(b) Colored smoke from the house.
(c) The shambled looking yard.
(d) A bad smell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Snopes supposed to clean when he first becomes a tenant farmer?
2. Where is the trial for Snopes held?
3. What crop is Snopes to pay in, to make up for the damage his wife does when moving?
4. What did Emily teach for a while?
5. What was the name of Emily's suitor?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)