|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dry September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the only person seen regularly at Emily's house before she died?
(b) The negro slave.
(d) Colonel Sartoris.
2. What does the younger brother refuse from the older woman in 'Two Soldiers'?
(c) A ride.
3. Who was thought to have raped Minne Cooper?
(a) William Maynard.
(b) Wilton Matheson.
(c) Weston Mills.
(d) Will Maynes.
4. What does Hawkshaw say that is ignored?
(a) That Minne is lying.
(b) That they should wait.
(c) That Will is innocent.
(d) That evidence should be procured.
5. What does the author describe as lidless at the end of 'Dry September'?
(d) The moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the younger brother in in 'Two Soldiers' do when some soldiers laugh at him?
2. Where do the brothers hear about Pearl Harbor in 'Two Soldiers'?
3. Where are most of the stories of Emily told?
4. Why are the taxes on Emily's house suspended?
5. Who let people inside the house when Emily died?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)