|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. His dissatisfaction compels him to begin an association with what Gallery, which fostered the coming of age of the modernist artist in LA in the sixties?
(a) The Ferus Gallery.
(b) Subliminal Projects Gallery.
(c) Papillon Gallery.
(d) DF2 Gallery.
2. To Irwin and his young male friends, what is the most important thing in life?
(d) Their cars.
3. At a 1971 display at UCLA's museum, Irwin redoes a utility stairway with what?
(a) New lighting and other minor adjustments.
(b) New stairs.
(c) A new color palette.
(d) A new railing.
4. Irwin was not one of the original artists, but is he chosen to be in the new group?
(b) Yes, but he is later told to leave.
(c) Yes, but not at first.
5. He adds a thick black tape to the floor to form what?
(a) A smaller rectangle.
(b) A focal point.
(c) A platform.
(d) A barrier.
Short Answer Questions
1. As more of Irwin's works go on display and are sold, what happens to Irwin?
2. After leaving art school, Irwin spends many months and years in Europe over the course of the next ______ years.
3. What Irwin strives to do is create not a color field, but rather what?
4. In 1970, the young curator of the Museum of Modern Art in New York invites the controversial Robert Irwin to do what?
5. What is L.A.'s funky, avant-garde community of artists?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)