|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert's mother apparently provided Robert with an ethical foundation and his father indoctrinated him with what?
(a) An easy-going approach to life.
(b) An interest in cars.
(c) A lazy attitude.
(d) A desire to work hard.
2. By age _____________, Robert returns to Los Angeles.
3. Irwin's open-ended offer with an unknown cost was _________________ many curators.
(a) Intriguing to.
(b) Exciting to.
(c) Off-putting to.
(d) Somewhat interesting to.
4. It is then that Robert realizes how unhappy he is with what?
(b) His work.
(c) His life.
(d) Being an artist.
5. Irwin intends that viewers will experience what?
(c) A moment of tranquility.
(d) A different world than was present before they entered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Irwin focuses self-critique on the ______________ of the work.
2. Goldie, Robert's mother, was the thinker and ___________ of the family.
3. To Irwin, a painting's gestural integrity is unyieldingly connected to what?
4. Why does Irwin not make art in the Mojave?
5. Between ___________ and 1970, Irwin's work can be chartered by time and focused progression.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)