|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert winds up with what group?
(a) A fraternity.
(b) Religious tourists.
(c) Young artists.
(d) The paratroopers.
2. Where did Robert Irwin grow up?
(a) Southeast Los Angeles.
(b) Northeast Los Angeles.
(c) Northwest Los Angeles.
(d) Southwest Los Angeles.
3. What seems to stand out as having the most war-time relevancy to Robert's young life?
(a) The siphoning of neighbor's gas during rationing.
(b) Planting a garden in the back yard.
(c) His friend's father being taken as a prisoner in Nazi Germany.
(d) His brother being killed in the war.
4. It was in whose honor that Irwin wrote the unproduced screenplay The Green and the White?
(a) Joan Tipograph.
(b) Joan Tisch.
(c) Joan Templeman.
(d) Joan Tewkesbury.
5. Robert's dissatisfaction with Jepson then leads him to the Chouinard Art Institute, where he focuses on what?
(a) Abstract oil paintings.
(b) Ceramic sculpture.
(c) Dreamy watercolors.
(d) Stone carvings.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is then that Robert realizes how unhappy he is with what?
2. Irwin attributes his success at this gallery, at least in part, to what?
3. Blum regrets that some of the gallery's artists fail to move _______________ where they could be successful.
4. To what does Robert partially attribute to growing up here in the 1940s?
5. It is during his association with this gallery that Irwin evolves from a figurative painter to what?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)