|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical abnormality did the captain notice about the skipper?
(a) None of these.
(b) One of his legs was shorter than the other.
(c) One of his legs was more crooked than the other.
(d) One of his arms was shorter than the other.
2. The captain says that his hesitation to let Leggatt swim away from his ship was a mere sham ____________.
3. When does the captain know that Legatt has successfully left the ship?
(a) When Legatt signals the captain from the water.
(b) When Legatt bangs on the side of the ship.
(c) When the floppy hat is in the water.
(d) When the captain sees the small row boat behind the ship.
4. What white object does the captain see floating on the sea?
(a) A body.
(b) A shirt.
(c) His hat.
(d) A piece of paper.
5. Who is the captain referring to when he states, "Our hands met gropingly, lingered united in a steady, motionless clasp for a second...No word was breathed by either of us when they separated"?
(a) The hand shake between him and the second mate.
(b) The hand shake between him and the chief mate.
(c) None of these.
(d) The hand shake between him and Legatt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the skipper of the Sephora say he will have to report to his owners concerning Leggatt?
2. Who decides it is time for Legatt to leave the ship?
3. How did the skipper respond each time the captain spoke to him?
4. How many gold coins does the captain give Legatt before he leaves the ship?
5. What did the captain tell the skipper so that he would speak more loudly?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)