|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the antonym of the word "leeward" as the captain uses in his narration to describe the side of the ship to which he walks after leaving Leggatt for the last time?
2. According to Legatt, who called for a "reefed foresail" aboard the Sephora?
(a) The skipper.
(b) The second mate.
(d) The engineer.
3. Who is reluctant to agree that Legatt needs to leave, but does agree?
(a) The chief mate.
(c) None of these.
(d) The captain.
4. Where is Legatt hiding when he is almost discovered?
(a) In the captain's bathroom.
(b) In the captain's bed.
(c) In the captain's state room.
(d) In the captain's closet.
5. How should the captain be feeling when he orders the ship forward?
(a) Disappointed that he can't share this experience with his friend.
(b) Nervous about his secret stow away.
(c) Scared, but excited.
(d) Absorbed with the feeling of his great ship moving under his command.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the skipper of the Sephora say he will have to report to his owners concerning Leggatt?
2. For what is Leggatt said to strike out at the very end of the story?
3. The chief mate tells the second mate, after the captain puts the ship on the other tack, that such a move is a great want of what?
4. Upon the theory of what do Leggatt and the captain conspire to take advantage?
5. When was the order given for a "reefed foresail"?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)