|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many gold coins does the captain give Legatt before he leaves the ship?
2. Which of the following does the captain not explicitly say is against him and his mysterious double?
(a) The crew of his ship.
(b) The quietness of the ship.
(c) The stillness of air and water.
(d) The silence of night.
3. Off what does Leggatt say he has been driven in his speech insisting he be marooned?
(a) All ships.
(c) The earth.
(d) The Sephora.
4. What implement does the captain continually point at the scattered group of islands?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A sextant.
(c) A truncheon.
(d) A compass.
5. What does the helmsman complain of not being able to see well while close to the island?
(a) The bow.
(b) The island.
(c) The keel.
(d) The sails.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the captain believe is harmless, even though he poses the largest threat to finding Legatt?
2. What does the captain ask the steward to get from the galley?
3. What color is the skipper of the Sephora's facial hair?
4. What does the captain go up on deck to do after deciding Legatt should leave?
5. How does the skipper of the Sephora describe Leggatt?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)