Short Answer Key
1. What point of view is the story told in?
2. What does the captain see in the beginning of the story?
Islets on one side and ocean on the other.
3. How did the boat get to its location at the beginning of the book?
By tug boat.
4. Who are the captain's main officers?
Chief mate and second mate.
5. Who is described as a comical character with abundant whiskers?
The chief mate.
6. Which crew member comes from the Sephora?
None of them.
7. What is the captain's name?
His name is never stated.
8. What is the name of the ship?
The ship's name is never given.
9. Where is the captain as the story opens?
On his new ship.
10. What does the captain watch leave once on board the ship?
The tug boat.
11. What is the name...
This section contains 2,830 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)