1. What does the narrator say is at his right hand at the beginning of the story?
2. Which of the following is NOT suggested as being at the narrator's left hand at the story's beginning?
A small ship.
3. What is the name of the river from which the ship has just left at the story's beginning?
4. What sort of pagoda does the story's narrator see from just off the mouth of the river?
5. In what Gulf is the narrator's ship anchored at the story's beginning?
6. The shadows of what are flung far eastward by the setting sun, as described after the Gulf is named?
7. What shape is the hill on which the pagoda at the story's beginning sits?
This section contains 10,023 words
(approx. 34 pages at 300 words per page)