Short Answer Key
1. The Secret Agent is a novel centered on the attempt in 1894 to destroy what?
The Greenwich Observatory.
2. Whom does this story center on?
A devoted husband, his beautiful and young wife, and her brother.
3. Which phrase best describes Mr. Verloc?
A self-centered, lazy individual.
4. Which phrase best describes Winnie?
A tireless, caring person.
5. Which phrase best describes Stevie?
A simpleminded individual.
6. In addition to Winnie and Stevie, who else lives with Mr. Verloc?
7. When Mr. Verloc first met Winnie, what were she and her family operating?
A boarding house.
8. What does Mr. Verloc operate?
A pornography shop.
9. What is Stevie's age?
Younger than Mr. Verloc.
10. What is one reason Mr. Verloc is unconcerned when he leaves his shop in the care of someone else?
The shop draws little business.
11. In which...
This section contains 4,433 words|
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)