|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Heat personally assure the month prior to the Greenwich Park explosion that no terrorist acts would occur anytime soon because Heat is watching every known terrorist?
(a) The secretary of state.
(b) The king.
(c) The prime minister.
(d) The mayor.
2. What is Mr. Verloc's response to his first contact with Mr. Vladimir?
(a) He is only slightly concerned.
(b) He is quite troubled.
(c) He could not care less.
(d) He is quite pleased.
3. Which type of fish does the assistant commissioner eventually tell Private Secretary Toodles he is pursuing in connection with the Greenwich Park bombing case on the evening of that incident?
(a) A minnow.
(b) A sardine.
(c) A dog-fish.
(d) A whale.
4. The bomb The Professor carries on his person at all times is designed to kill anyone within how many feet of him?
(a) Twenty-five feet.
(b) Seventy-five feet.
(c) One hundred feet.
(d) Fifty feet.
5. What does Heat tell the Assistant Commissioner that a witness spotted in Greenwich Park prior to the explosion that morning?
(a) Two middle-aged men, a thinner, dark-haired one and a stocky, fair-haired one.
(b) Two men, a fair-haired one and an older, stockier one.
(c) Two young men, an average, fair-haired one and a thinner, dark-haired one.
(d) A young, fair-haired woman and an older, stockier man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Verloc's initial response to his wife's request concerning Stevie, in Chapter 9?
2. What does Heat tell the assistant commissioner that the coroner suspects regarding the fatality at the Greenwich Park explosion?
3. What goal does Mr. Vladimir hope to achieve?
4. What is one reason Mr. Verloc is unconcerned when he leaves his shop in the care of someone else?
5. Which member of the Red Committee expresses his opinion that Stevie is capable of becoming a criminal as he views her sibling as a degenerate?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)