|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the professor tell Ossipon he will do if the police try to arrest him?
(a) Commit suicide by swallowing the poison he carries.
(b) Detonate a bomb killing everyone within fifty feet.
(c) Commit suicide by swallowing the poison he carries.
(d) Resist arrest and use his concealed pistol to shoot every police officer he can.
2. Where does Ossipon encounter the professor on the day of the Greenwich Park bombing?
(a) In a dining hall.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) In a café.
(d) In an underground beer hall.
3. What does the assistant commissioner recall from his first encounter with Michaelis?
(a) That Michaelis was uncharming and virtually incomprehensible.
(b) That Michaelis was very charming and articulate.
(c) That Michaelis was reluctant to tell his story about being convicted for murder.
(d) That Michaelis was clearly a womanizer who drank heavily and gambled endlessly.
4. What concern does the secretary of state express when briefed by the assistant commissioner regarding his suspect of the Greenwich Park explosion?
(a) That Mrs. Verloc was not questioned and placed under house arrest.
(b) That Mr. Vladimir was not put in prison.
(c) That Mr. Verloc was not put in prison.
(d) That Mr. Vladimir was not arrested and interrogated.
5. What is Winnie's attitude toward Stevie?
(a) Winnie is spiteful in dealing with Stevie.
(b) Winnie gives Stevie attention only when it is to her benefit.
(c) Winnie pretty much ignores Stevie.
(d) Winnie is very maternal.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Verloc confronts Winnie on the night of Stevies death, what does he say about the death?
2. What is Mr. Wurmt initially carrying in his meeting with Mr. Verloc?
3. What is the assistant commissioner's concern if they were to link Michaelis to the Greenwich Park bombing?
4. What is Mr. Verloc's reaction to his mother-in-law's decision to move out?
5. Once the Assistant Commissioner arrives at the reported center of the empire, there are several constables who do what upon seeing him departing the vehicle?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)