|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A bombing of what facility does Mr. Vladimir suggest would create fear and provoke a reaction toward change?
(a) An arts institution.
(b) A science center.
(c) A stock exchange.
(d) An embassy.
2. What is Mr. Vladimir's position?
(a) First secretary.
(b) Prime minister.
(d) Privy councillor.
3. What is Mr. Wurmt initially carrying in his meeting with Mr. Verloc?
(a) An armload of reports.
(b) An armload of newspapers.
(c) An armload of maps and drawings.
(d) An armload of money.
4. What does Mr. Verloc find his wife doing when he returns home immediately following his encounters with Mr. Wurmt and then Mr. Vladimir?
(a) Getting ready for bed.
(b) Taking a nap.
(c) Serving dinner.
(d) Working in the shop.
5. Whom does Mr. Vladimir propose Mr. Verloc enlist in order to accomplish Vladimir's bomb plot?
(a) Mr. Verloc's family.
(b) Mr. Verloc's International Red Committee friends.
(c) Other secret agents that Mr. Verloc is acquainted with.
(d) Former military explosives experts that Mr. Verloc knows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which nation is Mr. Vladimir an agent for?
2. Whom does this story center on?
3. Where did Mr. Verloc live before he got married?
4. Which phrase best describes Winnie?
5. What is Mr. Verloc's response to his first contact with Mr. Vladimir?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)