|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Mr. Wurmt and Mr. Verloc have their single meeting in the story?
2. What is Mr. Verloc's response to his first contact with Mr. Vladimir?
(a) He could not care less.
(b) He is quite troubled.
(c) He is only slightly concerned.
(d) He is quite pleased.
3. Where is Mr. Verloc's shop located?
(a) Toward the front of his small, brick home.
(b) It covers the entire first floor of his frame home.
(c) Toward the front of his large, stone home.
(d) In a shop one block from his brick home.
4. What goal does Mr. Vladimir hope to achieve?
(a) An event that will excite London's middle class.
(b) An event that will excite Paris's middle class.
(c) An event that will excite London's privileged upper class.
(d) An event that will excite London's lower working class.
5. Whom does this story center on?
(a) A devoted husband, his older wife, and his son from a previous marriage.
(b) A devoted husband, his beautiful and young wife, and his brother.
(c) A hateful husband, his young and beautiful wife, and her son from a previous marriage.
(d) A devoted husband, his beautiful and young wife, and her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one reason Mr. Verloc is unconcerned when he leaves his shop in the care of someone else?
2. In addition to Winnie and Stevie, who else lives with Mr. Verloc?
3. A bombing of what facility does Mr. Vladimir suggest would create fear and provoke a reaction toward change?
4. What is Mr. Vladimir's position?
5. What does Mr. Vladimir learn about Mr. Verloc that terribly disappoints him?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)