|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the items usually sold when young men come in the shop for their first time and find Winnie at the counter?
(a) Small pets such as puppies and kittens.
(b) Inks and plain papers.
(c) Expensive pipes and cigarette holders.
(d) Engagement and wedding rings.
2. A bombing of what facility does Mr. Vladimir suggest would create fear and provoke a reaction toward change?
(a) A science center.
(b) A stock exchange.
(c) An arts institution.
(d) An embassy.
3. What does Mr. Verloc find his wife doing when he returns home immediately following his encounters with Mr. Wurmt and then Mr. Vladimir?
(a) Working in the shop.
(b) Getting ready for bed.
(c) Serving dinner.
(d) Taking a nap.
4. What is Mr. Wurmt initially carrying in his meeting with Mr. Verloc?
(a) An armload of reports.
(b) An armload of maps and drawings.
(c) An armload of money.
(d) An armload of newspapers.
5. When Mr. Verloc first met Winnie, what were she and her family operating?
(a) A boarding house.
(b) A pub.
(c) A diner.
(d) A butcher shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Verloc operate?
2. Where did Mr. Verloc live before he got married?
3. Where do Mr. Wurmt and Mr. Verloc have their single meeting in the story?
4. What is one reason Mr. Verloc is unconcerned when he leaves his shop in the care of someone else?
5. Mr. Vladimir tells Mr. Verloc he reviewed his past reports, that they are inadequate as no action has been taken, and indicates that he views the latter's role toward achieving an explosion to be what?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)