|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stevie's reaction when he later talks to the cab driver and learns of his plight in caring for four children and wife while having to do cab work at night?
(a) He becomes quite troubled about the poor and their difficulties, and while awaiting a hansom tells Winnie the police should take care of it.
(b) He becomes quite troubled about the poor, initially stating the police should help the poor, but later appears to have his mind on other things and to have forgotten the matter.
(c) He becomes quite upset about the poor and their difficulties, and enroute to the train tells Winnie it is a matter the police should take care of.
(d) He becomes quite troubled about the poor and their difficulties, and when going to the bus stop tells Winnie the police should take care of it.
2. Who did Heat personally assure the month prior to the Greenwich Park explosion that no terrorist acts would occur anytime soon because Heat is watching every known terrorist?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The prime minister.
(c) The king.
(d) The secretary of state.
3. After Winnie's mother has moved, Mrs. Verloc attempts to convey her concerns that Stevie will soon become depressed. Mr. Verloc tells her to bring in a neighbor woman to assist her because he will be where?
(a) He will be going out of town to buy property in the coming weeks.
(b) He will be leaving London for France for a school reunion and to visit friends in the coming weeks.
(c) He will be leaving the country to conduct business in the coming weeks.
(d) He will be leaving the country to visit an old friend in the coming weeks
4. Red Committee member Ossipon expresses what opinion regarding the state of social ills?
(a) World war, not peace, is the answer, and the European Alliance Treaty Organization is useless.
(b) Agitation in Third World nations is an aid.
(c) Constant financial undermining of the poor is the answer.
(d) Emotion, not education, is the answer, and action needs to be taken.
5. How long before the bombing does Winnie's mother move from the Verloc residence into the charity home?
(a) Approximately a year.
(b) Several months.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A couple of days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heat tell the assistant commissioner that the coroner suspects regarding the fatality at the Greenwich Park explosion?
2. What goal does Mr. Vladimir hope to achieve?
3. What does the hand of the professor tighten upon as he encounters Heat for the first time?
4. Who is Mr. Wurmt?
5. How does Mrs. Verloc feel about her mother's decision to move out?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)