|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Verloc do when he returns home immediately after the meeting with Mr. Vladimir in which he learns his monthly income checks are in jeopardy.
(a) He sulks and worries.
(b) He enjoys a big homemade dinner and speaks in an unconcerned manner with his family.
(c) He goes to a local tavern after dinner for a couple of glasses of beer.
(d) He seeks advice from Stevie on the matter.
2. Which member of the International Red Committee rambles at the beginning of their meeting?
(d) Mr. Verloc.
3. What is Mr. Verloc's response to his first contact with Mr. Vladimir?
(a) He is quite troubled.
(b) He is only slightly concerned.
(c) He could not care less.
(d) He is quite pleased.
4. Who is the spy named in the title of The Secret Agent?
(a) Mr. Wurmt.
(b) Mrs. Verloc.
(c) Mr. Vladimir.
(d) Mr. Verloc.
5. What is Mr. Verloc's usual schedule?
(a) He turns in early at night, then gets up before the crack of dawn.
(b) He goes to bed by 10 o'clock at night, then does not awaken until around 7 o'clock in the morning.
(c) He stays up very late at night, then sleeps in until around noon.
(d) Mr. Verloc has no usual schedule.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Heat tell his supervisor were everywhere at the scene of the Greenwich Park explosion?
2. Following the Red Committee meeting, what is Mr. Verloc's opinion regarding his earlier meeting with Mr. Vladimir?
3. What two things did Heat learn several months subsequent to his first encountering Mr. Verloc, when Heat again saw Mr. Verloc and the latter was followed?
4. Why is Heat annoyed at having to report to his supervisors?
5. Why is one member of the Red Committee having so much difficulty communicating with other members of the group?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)