|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the professor's reply when Ossipon asks if he has heard about the morning bomb explosion in Greenwich Park?
(a) That he had not heard, but was not surprised.
(b) That he had heard and was not surprised.
(c) That he was not surprised when he learned of it earlier that day.
(d) That he was surprised when he learned of it earlier that day.
2. When he does arrive at the home of his wife's friend on the evening of the Greenwich Park blast, whom does the assistant commissioner find is a guest?
(a) Chief Inspector Heat.
(b) The secretary of state.
(c) Mr. Vladimir.
(d) Privy Councillor Wurmt.
3. When asked by Ossipon to describe the person who purchased the device, what is the professor's response?
(a) He provides Ossipon a first name.
(b) He provides Ossipon a surname.
(c) He provides a vague description.
(d) He provides a detailed description.
4. What does Private Secretary Toodles initially assume when the assistant sommissioner arrives unexpectedly soon at the office of the secretary of state?
(a) That the assistant commissioner has come to report his findings and that things have gone smoothly thus far.
(b) That the assistant commissioner has arrived to report that something has gone wrong to the secretary of state.
(c) That Chief Inspector Heat has arrived to report his findings and that things have gone smoothly thus far.
(d) That Chief Inspector Heat has arrived to report problems to the secretary of state.
5. Although initially insisting he works independently, the professor eventually confesses that he recently had sold what?
(a) A bomb concealed in a backpack.
(b) A bomb concealed in a lunch basket.
(c) A bomb concealed in a varnish can.
(d) A bomb concealed in a briefcase.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the Assistant Commissioner arrives at the reported center of the empire, there are several constables who do what upon seeing him departing the vehicle?
2. What does the professor say his sole goal in life is?
3. Where does the Assistant Commissioner go after leaving his office early in the evening of the Greenwich Park blast?
4. How do The Professor and Ossipon part on the day of the Greenwich Park explosion?
5. When confronting Mr. Vladimir on the evening of the Greenwich Park explosion, the assistant commissioner is virtually quoting Heat when he says what?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)