|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he does arrive at the home of his wife's friend on the evening of the Greenwich Park blast, whom does the assistant commissioner find is a guest?
(a) Mr. Vladimir.
(b) The secretary of state.
(c) Chief Inspector Heat.
(d) Privy Councillor Wurmt.
2. Where does the Assistant Commissioner go after leaving his office early in the evening of the Greenwich Park blast?
(a) Before he confers with the secretary of state, he grabs a quick bite to eat at a restaurant near the police station.
(b) Before he confers with the secretary of state, he goes to the coroner's office to confer regarding the bombing victim.
(c) Before he confers with the secretary of state, he takes a tram to Greenwich Park to observe the bomb scene prior to sunset.
(d) He walks directly to the secretary of state's private rooms to brief him on the explosion earlier that day.
3. In Chapter 10, what is the initial destination the Assistant Commissioner goes to for the second time that evening?
(a) He first searches out Mr. Vladimir promptly for the second time that evening now that he can establish his days as an anarchist are over.
(b) He goes first to the secretary of state to report his progress in the investigation.
(c) He goes first to his office to type his official report so Heat will be outshone when he arrives for work in the morning.
(d) He goes first to the Italian restaurant for dessert and a glass of vermouth as a reward to himself in the case.
4. What is the secretary of state's response to the assistant commissioner's request to have Heat removed from the investigation of the Greenwich Park explosion?
(a) He dismisses Heat and directs the assistant commissioner to report back to him within forty-eight hours.
(b) He retains Heat on the case and directs the assistant commissioner to participate in the investigation personally as well.
(c) He dismisses Heat and directs the assistant commissioner to report back to him that same night.
(d) He dismisses Heat and directs the Assistant Commissioner to assign other investigators under his direct supervision to the case.
5. What is it that Ossipon wonders about for a brief time subsequent to learning of the Greenwich Park explosion and suspecting who was killed?
(a) What will the bomb victim's spouse now do?
(b) If there are any, what will happen to the bomb victim's children?
(c) What will the group the bomb victim belonged to do?
(d) What will the extended family of the bomb victim do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the professor's reply when Ossipon asks if he has heard about the morning bomb explosion in Greenwich Park?
2. Once having interviewed Mr. Verloc, what is it that the assistant commissioner quickly stresses to the secretary of state that he learned during his investigation regarding the Greenwich Park bombing?
3. When confronting Mr. Vladimir on the evening of the Greenwich Park explosion, the assistant commissioner is virtually quoting Heat when he says what?
4. Although initially insisting he works independently, the professor eventually confesses that he recently had sold what?
5. On which road is Mr. Verloc's shop and residence located?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)